robochrono09

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2wexy77.jpg

game is great here is me shooting a rocket!

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
funem said:
Looks and plays like "Operation Vietnam" so far only a lot slicker...
Damn, I'm sold! Operation Vietnam is one of the best DS sleeper hits, IMO.

But that homophobia bit is really putting me off... I hope it's not that bad.
wacko.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I'm having so much fun with this game. It's pretty forgiving, but it's a neat, little military adventure all the same. They've really done a good job mixing up the use of each character. Clear some mines to drive a vehicle along a roadway, snipe some dudes, etc. The touch-screen controls also make a lot of sense.

Two things that are not so great, though:

1. Driving vehicles. It works, but it ain't that fun.
2. Environmental objects all too often impede your view.

Still, this is a keeper. It's definitely a weird sort of hybrid. Though it comes off at first like Cannon Fodder and its ilk, you really feel like you're playing more of a action-strategy adventure as you progress further into it. The presentation is pretty tight, too.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just played the first level, but based on that I'm really liking this game.

The only thing I wish you could do is scroll the main screen using the d-pad, since the isometric view is pretty limiting. You have to look on the radar for when enemies are near even though they would be well within your character's line of sight- they just aren't on the screen because your character's in the middle of it all the time so you can't see that far in front of you. Hopefully they took this into account when constructing the levels so that you don't have too many frustrating deaths (the look and feel of this game reminds me so much of Commandos that I'm just expecting it to get frustrating as hell =P)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karry said:
Meh, didnt like it, way too simple, realtime -> no strategy required. I'll just wait for JADS

You obviously didn't play past the first few levels. It gets pretty tough. It's not a real-time strategy game, though. It's more of a real-time tactics game. But I' say after the third mission, things start getting quite challenging.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-