Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
greygoosecat said:
Got to Guardia last night before I went to sleep. I think I was as excited as the boy about finally getting to Guardia. haha
Guardia is going to be awesome. I'm only on rally king, but Guardia is the game a really want to play.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The intro is lame >_>

I got passed the first Galaga-rip-off level and the Ninja thing, and I must say it's fun so far. Never heard of the games I'm playing in it, but they're enjoyable.
smile.gif

This kinda makes me want to go grab a NES and start beating some more retro stuff.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
jph said:
Never heard of the games I'm playing in it, but they're enjoyable.
smile.gif

None of the games is real..
THEY ARE REAL I PLAYED THEM!

j/k

Yeah created just for this title. Really looking forward to the sequel in a couple of weeks, gonna have to get a guide though to know what the challenges are seeing its all in Japanese.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey how do you do a boost start on rally king sp? because for mission 3 of sp thats the challenge but i can't find instructions on how!?

Also seen on a few threads saying the rom is only 16mbs untrimmed but my rom is 30.01mbs trimmed, So whats the official size of the rom 16 or 32mbs? my guess 32mbs as its the size i have after trimmed.

paul

greygoosecat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
paul3100 said:
Hey how do you do a boost start on rally king sp? because for mission 3 of sp thats the challenge but i can't find instructions on how!?

Also seen on a few threads saying the rom is only 16mbs untrimmed but my rom is 30.01mbs trimmed, So whats the official size of the rom 16 or 32mbs? my guess 32mbs as its the size i have after trimmed.

paul

On page 8 of issue 4 '86. Press A between 3 and 2 during the countdown. I usually just did it right before it turned 2 and it worked for me. For some reason, too much before that...it didn't work...even though it was still between 3 and 2.

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Long time lurker, but just had to throw my two cents in...

This game is tits, pure and simple. I'm actually going to buy it to support the cause so we can see volume 2 come state-side as well (and help put XSeed's children into college
biggrin.gif
)

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
On page 8 of issue 4 '86. Press A between 3 and 2 during the countdown. I usually just did it right before it turned 2 and it worked for me. For some reason, too much before that...it didn't work...even though it was still between 3 and 2.

Thank you, easy when you know how lol .

Well looks like it could be the end of my play with this game! reached Guadia Quest.

I hate these sorts of games mostly and don't see it fun having to roam around doing half the game in challenge mode to only have to start from scratch on the full game...

paul

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Galaga is one of my all-time favorite games, Cosmic Gate is fun. But I got to Haggleman and I really don't like that game. Though to be honest, I've been spending much more time playing with our new PC and putting games in that.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Since Galaga is one of my all-time favorite games, Cosmic Gate is fun. But I got to Haggleman and I really don't like that game. Though to be honest, I've been spending much more time playing with our new PC and putting games in that.

I think Haggleman is based on Door Door which was never released outside Japan, so it might fall a bit flat on Western audiences in terms of drumming up nostalgia.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Lametta said:
I really like this games though Im too young to remember them
smile.gif

The games never really existed in the 80s, they've been made especially for this game. They're certainly inspired by some of the games of the era though.

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
AWESOME GAME !!!

I just love the comments lol
"If nothing shows up on the screen, blow in the cartridge" LOL
"Guess I'm not gonna have to buy other controllers
-Why ?
-Don't tell me you don't smash your controllers when you lose ?! You're supposed to do so ! It's the law !"

LMAO

Awesome game...

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyCheeks said:
Long time lurker, but just had to throw my two cents in...

This game is tits, pure and simple. I'm actually going to buy it to support the cause so we can see volume 2 come state-side as well (and help put XSeed's children into college
biggrin.gif
)
Agreed 100% JohnnyCheeks. I was actually pretty surprised that they had it in my local Gamestop yesterday. Clerk had no idea what it was.
tongue.gif

Basically agree with what everyone else has been saying. If you have any nostalgia for the NES / 80's arcade era, definitely pick this up. The challenge format is fun as hell, and the game is really entertaining.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot