i can't wait to try this
yaynds.gif

been looking forward to it since i saw it in hadrian's thread

eldaddio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I've just started a game on Footy Manager '09, wondering if I can really be bothered to try another. Let us know if it's decent!

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I waited a long time for this, it had decent reviews too.

But it's going right back to the shop. It's no good at all. Tottenham still had Robinson, Berbatov, Keane, Chimbonda, Malbranque etc etc etc

Plus Younes Kaboul was better than Woodgate by miles, the transfer system is terrible, the touch screen calibration is poor...

it's just really not very good at all
frown.gif

Darknemo2000

Trophies
XP
Country
This game has quite a few problems.

Lets say a player leaves your club without any notice at all though he should still have a contract for your club. Like I was playing Chelsea and then get a message that Terry got red card while playing for Bolton. Weird since a week ago he was still Chelsea member and had a long-term contract. Same thing Happaned with Chech next season. More unrealistic is that he went to play for Leeds United who were only in the 1Fst league.

Not only that you can see strange things happen to player values - C. Ronaldo drops from 90 to 63 Skills in one week or Lampard from 86 to 21. What is more seems like this game doesn't really need a player playing for that position. Like with the whole Chech incident when he left for Leeds I didn't had any other Goalkeeper so just placed Ballack in there. And he kept two perfect clean sheets. baught a new GK and he started receiving one goal after another. i got annoyed and Brought Ballack back as a GK and what do you know I received an impressive number of clean sheets with Ballack doing saves to left and right.

The positions are just that GK, MF, DF and FW. Thats it. No wingers, no defensive midfielders and so on. Lennon is the same as Carrick as he is a midfileder and it doesn't matter that one is central midfield while another winger.

In market you can actually see players listed that should not be listed - like gerrard from Liverpool for the sum of... Zero pounds. Well I'll take such deal anyday. But i would figure that Gerrard is worth more than a zero and that Liverpool would not be willing to Trade him but... whatever.

When Edwin van der Sar replaced Alex Ferguson as manager of United, the game world really felt like chaos. I mean one week ago Edwin was a GK with two seasons contract and now he is a manager...isn't taht too much?

Worser is that you never know how one or the other player performs - you can't see their efficiency ratings. You only can see who scored or received cards. Lovely.So if one player is performing worser than the other - tough luck for you - you will never know who.

Training is too shallow too.

Oh and results sometime are bit too weird...sure football is hard to predict...Still when you see Arsenal loosing to Leicester C 0-6 you just know taht something is amiss... Of course Leicester C is a good team and all but beating Arsenal in such score is bit too unrealistic.

And when you win a trophy...You just get a short line - you won a trophy. Nothing else, not even some appreciation from media, office or fans. No you just go through the next season.

So all and all - if you think about byuing it - forget it. There are more games more worthy than this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy