DS #2983: Tecmo Bowl Kickoff (USA)

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GamerGirl20 said:
Every time I score a touchdown it locks up, copyright protection?

which flash card you using? Works fine on my Acekard 2.1

Now, who is going to get to work on making rosters and cheat codes so that we can edit players without worrying about point limits and the like?

Also, this game plays remarkably like the originals, but the menus are clunky, and it sucks that you can't change your playbook mid-game like you could in the NES and Genesis versions of TSB. Touch screen passing is ok, could be better. Using a finger stylus helps with touchscreen passing in that you can switch between button and stylus control fairly easily.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's touch screen passing? Hell, I was just using the D-pad and hoping he'd pass to the right guy.

I love this game as much as I loved the original. It's just a shame that EA has the exclusive NFL rights. Philadelphia clearly has the wrong stats as well as half the other teams.

I only played one game and it had more fumbles, sacks, interceptions and even goal and pass blocking you'd ever see in a real game. It was always something about that made this game that much fun. You could always do some impossible play and pass like the whole field or run the whole field with the defense right on your ass the whole time. I'm just trying to figure out if all the buttons even do anything. It seems like it's just B to tackle, A to pass and B to select your position before the hike.

The animations they put in for the victory and half time cut scenes just add to the fun. I can't wait to try wifi. I think this has to be the first online Tecmo Bowl.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's fun, but definitely not made for people with flash cards; it actually feels TOO close to the original for me, close enough that I might as well just play the original on an emulator. I wish they had used Super Tecmo Bowl II as an inspiration.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HeatMan Advance said:
There's touch screen passing? Hell, I was just using the D-pad and hoping he'd pass to the right guy.

You can just use the A and B buttons like the Tecmo Bowls of yore, or you can tap on them to pass to them - it's kinda screwy in my opinion.

QUOTE(concealed identity @ Nov 19 2008, 11:10 PM) It's fun, but definitely not made for people with flash cards; it actually feels TOO close to the original for me, close enough that I might as well just play the original on an emulator. I wish they had used Super Tecmo Bowl II as an inspiration.

Good point, thinking about it, there's not really much of a reason to mess around and play with this when I could just play one of the NES Tecmo Super Bowl hacks that are out there. Just a shame that the DS' screens aren't 320x240 to avoid scaling. Also, nesDS' screen adjustment options kinda suck because of the wonky touch screen adjustment controls. But then again, my DS Lite was bought secondhand and the touch screen seems like it could be better.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
carterman said:
Good point, thinking about it, there's not really much of a reason to mess around and play with this when I could just play one of the NES Tecmo Super Bowl hacks that are out there. Just a shame that the DS' screens aren't 320x240 to avoid scaling.
The NES's screen resolution was only 256x224 (vs. 256x192 on the DS), so for a lot of games you can just turn the scaling off without losing too much screen space.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That was pretty fun.

I don't even know the first thing about football, and was able to pick it up, go into a quick game and still win it. I remember the original from when my cousins used to play it when we were kids, and this is definitely the same sort of game so I'm betting somebody out there is going to be happy to pick this up.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed playing Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl, so I'm excited for this.
smile.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Can't wait to try this out. I loved the arcade and the NES version. Hope it's pretty faithful with some nice upgrades.

armagedalbeebop

Trophies
XP
Country
i think i saw some video showing a bug of a ambulance trampling everyone on the field to get one injured player,so awesome ^^
gonna try this for sure,im kinda fond of american football,i cant understand half of it though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...