DS #2897: Guitar Hero On Tour Decades (Europe)

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Munkee said:
I find it less forgiving if you miss one note , I will usually miss the next 3 or 4 in succession even though I know I'm hitting them .
Agreed. I dunno why.. I guess missing one note kinda ruins your rhythm.

QUOTE(Munkee @ Nov 11 2008, 09:16 PM) I know you have too be more accurate and make sure you actually strum the guitar instead of just stroking the screen now , but at times I find it unresponsive
That's actually not true. You can stroke anywhere on the screen in this game. In the first one, it was only the guitar.

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ Hobo said:
That's actually not true. You can stroke anywhere on the screen in this game. In the first one, it was only the guitar.

You've got it backwards. In the first one, you could strum anywhere. In Decades, you can only strum on or around the guitar or you'll miss like crazy. They did this for a reason -- when people activated Star Power via touchscreen in the first game it counted as a stroke 99% of the time, so people would break combo. In this game, though, touching the SP icon doesn't break it because you have to strum closer to the game.

I only hate one thing -- they actually screwed up strumming even more. In On Tour you could strum very lightly, about a quarter inch back and forth, and it would accept it... that was pretty much the only way to not break your combo. In this game, though, doing such a thing will break your combo 99% of the time. You're actually forced to strum a bit harder, and keeping your combo is a lot rarer. And believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I played a song in On Tour, FC'd it, then went to a song of comparable difficulty in Decades and couldn't hold a combo for the life of me.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeezus Christ!!!

Why the hell is this game dumped in some foreign wop/dago/froggy/zeigheil language?

Can't these retards speak English as a first language? yes they can, they all learn English cause it's far superior and needed to get on in the world today. English speakers don't need to learn backwards foreign lingo cause it would be a waste of effort and be useless, unless you originaly come from one of these backward nations and need to communicate with backward non-english speaking relatives.

There should be a law!

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
rasputin said:
Jeezus Christ!!!

Why the hell is this game dumped in some foreign wop/dago/froggy/zeigheil language?

Can't these retards speak English as a first language? yes they can, they all learn English cause it's far superior and needed to get on in the world today. English speakers don't need to learn backwards foreign lingo cause it would be a waste of effort and be useless, unless you originaly come from one of these backward nations and need to communicate with backward non-english speaking relatives.

There should be a law!
Wow... you know, it's not easy learning a new language. Why must everyone know English? Just because when a game comes out, it suits your needs? Honestly, if you have no intention of buying this game, then what's the harm in waiting for it? I mean, it's free, right? It's not as if you're losing anything.

rklamer said:
QUOTE(DJ Hobo @ Nov 11 2008, 01:36 PM) That's actually not true. You can stroke anywhere on the screen in this game. In the first one, it was only the guitar.

You've got it backwards. In the first one, you could strum anywhere. In Decades, you can only strum on or around the guitar or you'll miss like crazy. They did this for a reason -- when people activated Star Power via touchscreen in the first game it counted as a stroke 99% of the time, so people would break combo. In this game, though, touching the SP icon doesn't break it because you have to strum closer to the game.
Well, I tried both On Tour and On Tour: Decades. Just now to compare. I booted up Decades first (as it was already on the flash cart) and tried strumming at several points on the screen, and then the guitar. And all of them worked. I then inserted my On Tour cartridge (I bought it for the peripheral) and tried the same thing. Again, it worked.. That's just my own personal testing.

So I guess I was wrong on one account, but right on the other.

D

Deleted User

rasputin said:
Jeezus Christ!!!

There should be a law!
With a russian insipered nickname, you are so full of lolz...

El Blacksheep

Trophies
Website
tryorke.no-ip.info
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the flamer:
Learn a new language. Dumb little rants like that are the reason people think so poorly of us Americans. Moron.

Regarding the strumming:
You can still strum anywhere on the screen, just like in the last GH. The only difference is now you cant strum and activate star power on the same swipe, which I was really getting good at
sleep.gif
; Now I gotta break rhythm to activate SP (I hold the DS too far away to blow into the mic and I refuse to scream - which usually breaks my concentration anyways)

But I had an interesting idea last night:
Has anybody tried to Frankenstein the On Tour and Decades together? Decades contains 28 tracks, On Tour contains 26 tracks (with another 5 counting the Euro tracks) so theoretically if one could isolate the files, we should be able to drag, say, the files for Anna Molly and copy them over One Way Or Another. Theoretically it should work, right?

From what I remember (correct me if im wrong) the reason custom songs didn't pan out for the other game was because although we could get the song files, we couldn't make any sense of them since they were in an unknown format. Well, if we're just copying files around and renaming them there should be no need to know anything about the format, right?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
El Blacksheep said:
Regarding the flamer:
Learn a new language. Dumb little rants like that are the reason people think so poorly of us Americans. Moron.

Regarding the strumming:
You can still strum anywhere on the screen, just like in the last GH. The only difference is now you cant strum and activate star power on the same swipe, which I was really getting good at
sleep.gif
; Now I gotta break rhythm to activate SP (I hold the DS too far away to blow into the mic and I refuse to scream - which usually breaks my concentration anyways)

But I had an interesting idea last night:
Has anybody tried to Frankenstein the On Tour and Decades together? Decades contains 28 tracks, On Tour contains 26 tracks (with another 5 counting the Euro tracks) so theoretically if one could isolate the files, we should be able to drag, say, the files for Anna Molly and copy them over One Way Or Another. Theoretically it should work, right?

From what I remember (correct me if im wrong) the reason custom songs didn't pan out for the other game was because although we could get the song files, we couldn't make any sense of them since they were in an unknown format. Well, if we're just copying files around and renaming them there should be no need to know anything about the format, right?

I think you might be right about the copying and renaming songs (+charts).
laugh.gif

solarpolitiks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El Black sheep: Although this could be done the true reason custom songs didnt work is because they needed a way to recompile the gob file which is where the songs, charts, etc. are located so even if it was possible to merge the two games together we still need a way to recompile the .gob file which unfortunately still hasnt been made and again unfortunately I have no experience in programming so I cant help there
frown.gif

In regards to a patch for it to use a-b-x-y buttons is there any news on an update for the patch? Just wondering...

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
but satriani's song in decades is really insane >_<
the only portable guitar hero song i can't 5star on medium(got 3 at first, and after some hard work i managed to get 4)
I know what you mean. Its far tougher than the hardest song on GHOT1. Took me a while to 4 star it on expert and I think that's as far as I'll get for a while.

Hamz

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hankchill said:
Dominator said:
so anyone test the cheat to play withour the guitar grip ?

Honestly why should it matter if you can play with the buttons? Not only is ALL of the fun gone that way, but you'll never make it past Medium.

Do yourself a favour and if you *really* want to play it, spend $11 at DealExtreme and get the cheapy guitar grip.

Sorry to tell you, but I am on expert without using the guitar grip ive clocked easy and medium with 5 stars 100% on all of them, and hard was... well pretty hard none the less. the game is very enjoyable without the grip if not better because its harder.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rasputin said:
Jeezus Christ!!!

There should be a law!
Why do you call people from another country retards
Racist >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo