DS #2779: Martin Mystery Monster Invasion (Europe)

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
same here..
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of the cartoon.

"In this adventure and exploration game, the player has to send horrible monsters back to their own dimension and solve paranormal circumstances with Martin, Diana and Java. The game is based on the popular Martin Mystery cartoon, produced by Marathon Media, in which Martin, Diana and Java investigate paranormal occurences in mysterious worlds full of strange creatures."

Apparently its a top down adventure title.

I'd prefer to see
Code:
[M]artin Mystery.

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's a well known italian comic created by Alfredo Castelli, edited by Bonelli Editore... its original name is Martin Mystère and it (was) is quite good... dunno anything about this game...
sleep.gif

Absynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is a horrible ripoff of one of our (italian) best comic strips, Martin Mystére.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Myst%C3%A8re

The names are the same, but the art... The boxart looks nothing like the actual characters, and if (and boy I never wanted to be wrong as badly as I do now) if this is an official readaptation of the comic book, then... Godawful work. If this is not related, where are lawsuits when we need 'em?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it.....game seems kinda weak. You move around solely using the touchscreen, collecting clues and encountering traps (and I'd guess monsters at some point). The characters move around too slowly and get stuck on every little thing you bump into. Things that you must interact with have a little sparkle on them, so no real searching is required, just going from room to room looking for the sparkles. Graphics are nothing special....merely functional. Sound seems to consist mostly of morning cartoon spooky music......not really all that spooky.

Like many of these types of games, certain characters are required to do certain tasks. A simple drop down menu allows you to select the characters, save and access the inventory.

This might be interesting for some people, but it just seems boring and too tediously slow moving to hold my interest. Not too mention the forced touchscreen controls annoy me. It could have used the D-pad and buttons just as easily, but NOOOOOO, freakin' touchscreen everything. GAH!

Sort of reminds me of the Harry Potter games.....without the magic or as good of graphics. Bleh.

This mini-review is only based on the first 10 of 14 rooms of the first mission (I couldn't tolerate playing it any further), so there a slight possibility that it might get better, but I doubt it. it looks more like a game for young kids than anything any REAL gamer would care about.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Absynthe said:
The names are the same, but the art... The boxart looks nothing like the actual characters, and if (and boy I never wanted to be wrong as badly as I do now) if this is an official readaptation of the comic book, then... Godawful work. If this is not related, where are lawsuits when we need 'em?
it is related.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could never get into the cartoon when it aired on US channels. I dont know, I couldn't sit through more than 5 minutes of the show...I thought it was some sort of Scooby Doo type show but I cant be sure--I think that his monsters were real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.