DS #2699: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Europe)

Tiyuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
Tiyuri said:
Not working on my R4, even with the arm7 fix.
Are we sure that fixes it? I'm pretty certain I'm doing it right.

Use YSmenu, is the only way to run the game in R4 now.

I tried that also, unfortunately YSMenu is telling me it "Can't create SAV"
If I choose to ignore creating the save, I get the error "r4patch.dat Can't open loader"

Any ideas?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I log back on and all rom hell is breaking loose. To many good games all at once!

I'm going to have a seriously hard time figuring out what to play tonight. Lovely problem to have, I suppose!

Hopefully this isn't as bad as shaun says. I have a feeling that may have just been a red herring though.
nyanya.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tiyuri said:
If I choose to ignore creating the save, I get the error "r4patch.dat Can't open loader"

Any ideas?

Are you sure YSMenu is working properly for other roms? Works fine on my r4 with YSmenu, no fix needed.

Tiyuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreyAlien said:
Tiyuri said:

Any ideas?

Are you sure YSMenu is working properly for other roms? Works fine on my r4 with YSmenu, no fix needed.

It's not working with any roms at all, no. I'm not sure why though... I followed the instructions carefully, modified the YSMenu.ini as shown..
It seems to just be unable to create any save files.

Any chance you could give me a direct link to the particular version of YSMenu you've used? I'm pretty sure I have the right one however, I followed a link from another thread.

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually like this game quite a bit. Try it for yourself before you make up your mind. I imagine this game will polarize DS fans. You'll either like it or you'll hate it. Some people may hate it merely because its a Sonic game. That's their loss. I'm sure the Crash Bandicoot RPG will be more in line with their tastes.

vgambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People trying to get ysmenu to work: put the .dat files it asks for on the root of the SD card.

The thing is, ysmenu sucks anyway. The game locks up after saving, so every time you save, you have to restart the DS if you want to keep playing. The Arm7 fix works fine. If you do it and the rom doesn't work, then you need to make sure you have the latest R4/M3 Simply firmware (1.14).

Tiyuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vgambit said:
People trying to get ysmenu to work: put the .dat files it asks for on the root of the SD card.

The thing is, ysmenu sucks anyway. The game locks up after saving, so every time you save, you have to restart the DS if you want to keep playing. The Arm7 fix works fine. If you do it and the rom doesn't work, then you need to make sure you have the latest R4/M3 Simply firmware (1.14).

It's not asking for any .dat files, could you list them for me?
Also, I'm on the latest firmware, 1.18 and I've applied the arm7 fix using sim city (j), and no luck.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just did the Arm7 fix for my R4, works like a charm. Not sure why it works for some and not the others.

I am not running through YSmenu or anything, just used the Arm7 fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ