DS #2641: Pokemon Platinum (Japan)

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this the Same-As-Last-Year edition?

Oh wait, I hate pokemons now for the following reasons.

1. Extremely dated battle system. For the Original Gameboy and Gameboy colour, it was good enough. But for the DS? no.
2. Nonexistent plot. I hate RPG's with no plot.
3. A good amount of grinding. Especially at the beginning.
4. The IV system pisses me off.
5: Dialogue is scary.
6: Platinum is basically an expansion pack. with 3 hours of extra gameplay. But you cant use your old save.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
TheBestNaruto101 said:
i though it would be 1024Mbit will all the new stuff(battle recorder)

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were 1024Mbit with the Japanese version too. The English version was 512Mbit however. I expect the same with this game.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Ferrariman said:

1. Extremely dated battle system. For the Original Gameboy and Gameboy colour, it was good enough. But for the DS? no.
6: Platinum is basically an expansion pack. with 3 hours of extra gameplay. But you cant use your old save.

1. Don't fix what's not broken.
2. It has a plot, maybe you're not paying enough attention? Maybe it's because your blinded by nerd rage, who knows.
3. Grinding? IN AN RPG?! WHAT AN OUTRAGE! ...Oh, wait.
4. Most people can happily ignore IVs and EVs, as you're bitching you're obviously not 'competitive' so what does it matter?
5. Wait, what?
6. It'd be great fun playing through the low level areas with your level 100 retarded fire ape, right? It'd remove the point in playing at all, finishing the whole game in 10 minutes is pretty pointless.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of what any of you Pokemon-haters think, this game will become the number 1 best-selling single DS game of all time (Note: single game

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Carnivean said:
Ferrariman said:

2. It has a plot, maybe you're not paying enough attention? Maybe it's because your blinded by nerd rage, who knows.
4. Most people can happily ignore IVs and EVs, as you're bitching you're obviously not 'competitive' so what does it matter?
5. Wait, what?
6. It'd be great fun playing through the low level areas with your level 100 retarded fire ape, right? It'd remove the point in playing at all, finishing the whole game in 10 minutes is pretty pointless.

1. The only innovation ever was two-on-two battles, which was a crappy and unfun innovation.
2. The plot is unimportant.
3. Grinding can be okay, but there's too much. Also, random encounters are irritating when they're every two steps.
4. What is IV system? This is actually the only reason I'm posting, and the rest is filler. I probably know what it is but am not recognizing the acronym.
5. The dialogue in Pokémon games isn't scary, but it's a bit creepy at points.
6. You should be able to import characters from any game. I bet my Lv.97 Cloud from FFVII could kick the Elite Four's ass.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ferrariman said:

1. Indeed, but this isn't Battle Revolution.
2. Not important for Pokemon, this isn't Golden Sun or FF.
3. GRINDING? Yeah, right...only grinding I see is leveling up Pokes.
4. WTF is an IV system? It's called IVs, plain and simple.
5. No comment.
wtf.gif

6. *Jack Sparrow voice and sarcasm look* Really?

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Carnivean said:
5. Wait, what?
1. My cassette player worked perfectly fine BUT THEN, they came out with these new fangled CD thingies. So I got CDs and I loved them, they were so round, and could hold around 18 songs each, BUT THEN, they came out with MP3's I MEAN WTF
2. The plot in pokemon goes like this. Professor X want you to help his studies in country X, after you save him from Wild Pokemon XYZ. Your Mom is very stupid, and lets you run away into the wild, with saying goodbye (that asshole). Later you learn Team X want to get Pokemon X to do dirty deed X. You stop them and capture Pokemon X. That's great now you can beat the Elite Four, Trainer male X, Trainer Male Y, trainer Female X and Trainer Male Z. Then you learn THEIR IS ONE MOAR CHALLENGE!!! AND HE IS YOUR RIVAL!!!! OMG *dies in shock*. (Hope that wasn't a spoiler.)
3. Grinding sucks, and more modern RPGs have proven that you don't need grinding. EX: Final Fantasy 6,7, Chrono trigger, The World Ends With You.
4. NVM
5. "It makes my heart flutter in all sorts of ways!"
6. I mean starting from where you were in Diamond/Pearl.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Ferrariman said:
Carnivean said:
5. Wait, what?
1. My cassette player worked perfectly fine BUT THEN, they came out with these new fangled CD thingies. So I got CDs and I loved them, they were so round, and could hold around 18 songs each, BUT THEN, they came out with MP3's I MEAN WTF
2. The plot in pokemon goes like this. Professor X want you to help his studies in country X, after you save him from Wild Pokemon XYZ. Your Mom is very stupid, and lets you run away into the wild, with saying goodbye (that asshole). Later you learn Team X want to get Pokemon X to do dirty deed X. You stop them and capture Pokemon X. That's great now you can beat the Elite Four, Trainer male X, Trainer Male Y, trainer Female X and Trainer Male Z. Then you learn THEIR IS ONE MOAR CHALLENGE!!! AND HE IS YOUR RIVAL!!!! OMG *dies in shock*. (Hope that wasn't a spoiler.)
3. Grinding sucks, and more modern RPGs have proven that you don't need grinding. EX: Final Fantasy 6,7, Chrono trigger, The World Ends With You.
4. NVM
5. "It makes my heart flutter in all sorts of ways!"
6. I mean starting from where you were in Diamond/Pearl.

1. Not a valid comparison, storage media and media formats != battle system.
2. Your point? It's still a plot.
3. Oh wow, no grinding in FF7? Someone never played the damn game! Ruby/Emerald weapons are basically impossible to beat without grinding everything that can be ground. All RPGs have needed a degree of grind, if you ran from every battle you'd never be strong enough to take on anything.
5. That's not really scary, your mind just interpreted it in a bad manner.
6. It's not a sequel, it's an alternative version. The only pokemon games that have did anything close to that was Silver/Gold/Crystal in that you could go back to the first games world and do their gyms.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Carnivean said:
Ferrariman said:

5. Wait, what?

another mustn't buy for those ( who got either pearl or diamond ) and who does not want to waste money
i brought diamond and pearl around 2 years ago, i finished the game (the moment i defeat the elite four/five), because i also ow pokemon firered and leafgreen, i was trying to transfer pokemon from old version to the new one, and after a while, i realised it was wasting of my time, since i got more than 3000 pokemons on my pokemon box (on gamecube), and with the crappy transfer system... and that was also the time to sell that game. now i mention it, i dont even remember which starter i chose, and what my team was like, i mean they already added gazillion new pokemon names into that game, i think i finished that game with original pokemon.

1. It already broken, the only reason why it seems isnt broken, because it bear the name POKEMON, but same as final fantasy serie 1-6 was 2D, until the FFVII on playstation, thus maybe we have to wait for another 3 generation of pokemon before the great evolution of pokemon will arrive. but now we might get more preevolve craps
2. story is just crap, a recap story of previouse versions, if any RPG dare to use the same story line, it will score 3 , but it POKEMON so 9 for story
3. no objection
4. no objection / to find the IV you need a IV calculator, otherwise you screw, so why does nintendo just applied it to the game, or make it visible stats
5. no objection, i dont even bother what the trainers says
6. as i mention before, why does nintendo have to bring another pokmeon expansion version, couldnt they just release pearl and diamond later with those element included, other than that, for those who does not own pokemon ruby or sapphire, than it is ok to buy, otherwise skip this generaton wait for the next gen... unless you got plenty of time and money to waste...

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ferrariman said:

Lets replace the variables with words, eg. 'science', etc.

The plot in pokemon goes like this. Professor Science want you to help his studies in country Science, after you save him from Wild Pokemon sciencemoozxypizzapasta. Your Mom is very stupid, and lets you run away into the wild, with saying goodbye (that asshole). Later you learn Team Science want to get Pokemon Science to do dirty deed Science. You stop them and capture Pokemon Science. That's great now you can beat the Elite Four, Trainer male Science, Trainer Male moozxy, trainer Female science and Trainer Male pizzapasta. Then you learn THEIR IS ONE MOAR CHALLENGE!!! AND HE IS YOUR RIVAL!!!! OMG *dies in shock*. (Hope that wasn't a spoiler.)

Pokemon isn't that unimaginative!

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll try to be Positive John then. I liked the new trainer animations in the battle, Tyson looks gay XD. I see some of the in-game art was changed liek the HP bar. I have absolutely no idea what's happening, but if you are a Pokemon fan, you basically know what's going on. I'm already battling my rival XD. Once I go to school I'm showing this game to all those nerds.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Been waiting for it. Haven't played it yet. I'm hoping someone can do a hack of it... Is there new Pokemon this time?

lol they never make new pokemon, but they did make new evos of some pokemon and some have new forms.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
deathfisaro said:
What are the chances of me liking this game if I ditched Pearl after a couple towns?
Very small, unless your tastes have changed.

If you don't know Japanese the language barrier is a huge turn off. I don't know what the hell's going on.
hate2.gif

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
deathfisaro said:
What are the chances of me liking this game if I ditched Pearl after a couple towns?
Very small, unless your tastes have changed.

If you don't know Japanese the language barrier is a huge turn off. I don't know what the hell's going on.
hate2.gif

Praise that. I have very little idea what's going on. My indefinitely small knowledge of Japanese doesn't mean squat with this game. If it weren't for the item pictures...God help us all...Still, I don't think I can get into this game without English text so I'll wait for a US/E release. Highly doubt translators would jump on this.

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yay!! Another Pokemon game!!
Booooh...it's the same...again...

Why do you need to know japanese? The story is the same since the first PKMN game came out: Help a dude complete his pokedex 'cause he's too lazy to do it himself.

Played 30 minutes, found out it was the same crap, turned off DS and began playing Half Life 2.
What have they done to the game I used to love...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up +1