deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually mage characters are easier than melee fighters.
You can beat an entire Abyss without taking single damage. In fact, you can do that on every single Abyss after you figure out what skills are good.

You can do the same with melee fighters, but probably need to spam MP healing items or waste time trying to get some regen.

TaintedWisdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya,
Does anyone know if the English version got any added features/differences from the Japanese?
I remember being the first to beat the Japanese version when it came out and I really liked this game.
The only downside was how short it was. Also it should be slightly harder. Other than that, is a great RPG.

Thanks

-TW

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I picked this up a little late, but it's actually pretty fun!
yaynds.gif

I'm sure it will get repetitive and boring, but for now, I'm enjoying it. May even play it all the way through if nothing better comes along.

I never did figure out the "Soul Capture" thing on the (J) version. The game's much easier when you can get all the skills you need.
shy.gif

I'd recommend this to anyone that likes a pick up and play dungeon crawler.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Played it for a while, I don't like the rerun dungeon thing (why not randomize ?) and the countless empty corridors. Or perhaps I just don't get it. But I did like the streamlined town system, always-on menu, and skills system.

acidonia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Beat it today in just under 7 hours far to easy and to short. All I did was use the sword spin move I got at the begining of the game on every boss and the healing magic spell and put all sats on attack until it was maxed out at 200 then on defence neartly everything by 5th stage that was'nt a boss I killed in a hit that and you get the exact same rooms sometimes on the same floor. Overall I dint think this was that good buts its by far terible they was like under 12 people in the games credits that might explain why it was short.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Otherwise, this game is generic all the way through. Generic combat, generic equipment, generic plot, generic environment, generic town, generic dialogs, generic anime portraits. All the staples of these japanese games and if you've played one of them, you've pretty much played them all. Although some tend to be at least marginally more entertaining than others--if Soma Bringer were available in english, it would be advisable simply because all the elements it lifts from other games tend to be better produced than here. At least in that game you get two AI controlled companions and the graphics are better managed by zooming out.

It is.
Soma Bringer Open Translation

A word of advice, though... Play this game first. Soma Bringer is a very good game, and I doubt this game can top it. If you play Soma Bringer first, you might end up forgetting about this game altogether. =P

I'm going to try From The Abyss right now. I'll post a short opinion on the game if possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-