DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

fkusumot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
iblamewiifit.com
XP
Country
United States
nori2nori said:
@Dacvak

You can use the EXBBEROM tool if you already have g gba ROM image of the expansion pak.

You may want to study Japanese if you can't understand the included text.
wtf.gif

No pain, No gain.
cool.gif

I've got the expansion pack. Is there a tool to copy the rom from the expansion pack?

Narstyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know what the 3.9 version of M3 Real Loader has done for DBBDX? ?I'm using Sakura atm, and cba to change my firmware. If all the update does is make it to the same compatability levels as sakura (Dodgy saving, but working, no wi-fi) then i won't bother updating.

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which old version of bdxtool lets you access the download song section? Does anyone know where to download it?

I also can't work out this EXBBEROM program. It's producing BBS files that don't work, so clearly I'm not using it right, but I can't find anything on the Internet that explains it properly.

Edward Hyena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fkusumot said:
nori2nori said:
@Dacvak

You can use the EXBBEROM tool if you already have g gba ROM image of the expansion pak.

wtf.gif

No pain, No gain.
cool.gif

I've got the expansion pack. Is there a tool to copy the rom from the expansion pack?

Rudolph's GBA BackUp Tool should be able to do it, if you have a Slot-1 card. It's able to access Flash, SRAM, and the program data itself on a GBA cart. It's available here : http://kotei.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2008-05-13

Now my question. Has anyone worked a way out to import the original songs (Specifically the Nintendo medleys) from the original DS cartridge? I read somewhere that the GAK file format was the same, but when I tried to shove the old GAKs into the new cartridge it choked on me, so there's probably something different.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edward Hyena said:
fkusumot said:
nori2nori said:
@Dacvak

wtf.gif

No pain, No gain.
cool.gif

Rudolph's GBA BackUp Tool should be able to do it, if you have a Slot-1 card. It's able to access Flash, SRAM, and the ROM itself on a GBA cart. It's available here : http://kotei.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2008-05-13

Now my question. Has anyone worked a way out to import the original songs (Specifically the Nintendo medleys) from the original DS cartridge? I read somewhere that the GAK file format was the same, but when I tried to shove the old GAKs into the new cartridge it choked on me, so there's probably something different.
deufeufeu was able to do this, but not perfectly(the last time I checked, anyways). Some of the keys would sound off, and the instrument volume levels were off so some things that should've been heard, weren't and things that shouldn't be as heard were too loud, &c.

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
deufeufeu was able to do this, but not perfectly(the last time I checked, anyways). Some of the keys would sound off, and the instrument volume levels were off so some things that should've been heard, weren't and things that shouldn't be as heard were too loud, &c.

Well, if he has some type of .sav file, I'll absolutely put in the time to fix each individual song perfectly for everyone.

If someone can somehow get me a .sav file with those songs on it, even if they're slightly broken, I'll fix it and upload the perfected .sav file.

~Dac

Edit: HOLY LORD.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...;topic=44369588

Ok, this program is fscking INCREDIBLE. Basically, if you load it up with a slot-2 device, you can hack into your actual game card to erase or add new songs, either to the downloaded song section OR the custom song section. That means that I can finally edit some of the downloaded songs I have to make them less sh*tty!

Wow, this app in incredible.

~Dac

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My old SuperCard miniSD doesn't seem to acknowledge the existence of NDS files without my R4 in slot-1. I can only use it on my ROM save files, not the game itself. Any advice for this?

I also still can't get EXBBEROM to work...

Ryaldeco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I thought I'd let everyone know about a BBDX web site I've started.

http://www.gameswelike.com/games/BBDX/index.htm

It's far from complete, but I've been getting several requests to put up what I have. I'm currently working on finishing the menu translations with a sort of simulated menu, and I've also got a place to host bdx files for people to trade custom songs. I figure that part in particular might interest some people here. My main goal with this site is to help make it easy for anyone to navigate through the game, play the game, and share their music creations and download others. What's there is only the beginning. I didn't want to let anyone know about it until it was closer to complete, but there are several places that have started linking to it anyway, so I may as well share. I've learned a TON from people on this forum, even though I haven't posted. Hopefully I might be able to offer something useful to others in the future.

Gwozdz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi can someone tell me how to get a copy of the old BdxTool to convert the 100 download able songs other then the newer BdxTool? I became a member of that form hxxp://www.ndsbbs.com/read.php?tid=183528 but for some reason it does not let me download the .rar link! I know i could do the hex coding, I've had too much fun with that trying to get some wii homebrew to work, but I would rather have the convenience factor of switching songs freely. So email me BdxTool (207 K) version or something. I have the new one but not the old.

Thanks, and if this is somehow against the rules, tell me.

yonex204

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question about the song editing.

Can you add accidentals? (not the key signature) I mean, i know you can add sharps by press up or down on the D-pad,
but i can't add flats.

Edward Hyena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gwozdz said:
Hi can someone tell me how to get a copy of the old BdxTool to convert the 100 download able songs other then the newer BdxTool? I became a member of that form hxxp://www.ndsbbs.com/read.php?tid=183528 but for some reason it does not let me download the .rar link! I know i could do the hex coding, I've had too much fun with that trying to get some wii homebrew to work, but I would rather have the convenience factor of switching songs freely. So email me BdxTool (207 K) version or something. I have the new one but not the old.

Thanks, and if this is somehow against the rules, tell me.

I'm sure there are many of us who'd love the old version of BDXTool, but for whatever reason Yasu changed the program, and I think we should respect his wishes. If you want the old version, I think the best option would be to either contact Yasu yourself, or just wait for someone else to design that functionality.

While we don't have another way to put songs in the download slots, there is a homebrew by deufeufeu elsewhere on this forum that allows you to extract BDXs of songs that you've downloaded.

yonex204

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BwdYeti said:
Nope, you can't use flats. Just use the sharp of the note below it. (Bb = A#, for example)

Really...that doesnt really make sense to why they wouldnt allow you put sharps in
sleep.gif
;; ah well guess il do with sharps.

Gwozdz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
finally found a copy of the Old Bdxtool! and somehow i still feel disappointed. i now understand why a newer version was created. i can only wait with fingers crossed for an updated version to switch back and forth between the WiFi and costume song lists.

Edward Hyena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, there's probably a reason the program changed!.
smile.gif
The suggestion a page or two ago about swapping regions in a hex editor DOES work, but you have to be very very careful with it, as obviously a byte off and you've screwed things up.

Gwozdz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is kind of a weird request and all, but is there a hack/patch that reverses the colour of the up (Green) and left (Blue) to the why it was in the first game? is it even possible? I have been playing the first game for the last two years and have the colour mapped into my brain. Plus that makes the most logic! Why did they change that in the first place, X is blue; Y is green; it should match the D-pad. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol