DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
AXYPB said:
Take your time with that. Your name will go down in history if you pull this off.

I think so!
smile.gif

However, it's time for all the Teams to "move their ass" & releasing decent firmware updates fixing this game...

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm loving yasu right now. First the R4 kernel customizer, now the real bdxtool (The one that came out just now 6/30). I just tried it out, it's an all-in-one program for Daigasso! Band Brothers DX; you can add songs to your custom songs list, extract songs that you created, and best of all (For those of us with a large collection), it serves as a converter for the .bbs files that were used in the first game. I'll guide you through yasu's site, since I know he dislikes it when people directly link to his files.

1) Here is his home page: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013928/
2) Click on the E.T.C. link, then the NintendoDS link.
3) Click on the link on the line "? bdxtool(08/06/30 00:30)" to download the latest version
4) Download it and extract the zip file's contents into any directory. The readme is entirely in Japanese, and the program itself is bdxtool.exe

Now for the program itself:
1) Open up the bdxtool.exe file (Luckily the interface is in English for this program)
2) Choose File -> Open SAV
3) Locate your save file and choose it in the window that pops up.
4) Now there should be rows of hyphens (100 of them to be exact), unless you've been creating songs, of course. Click on one of the hyphens to highlight the row.
5) Now the import button should be enabled, click on it, and find the .bbs or .bdx file you want to transfer to that slot.
6) Repeat with any other songs you would like to transfer. If want to extract a song you created, then highlight it and click export to begin that process.
7) When you are done, click File -> Save As SAV to save your new sav file. I suggest making it a slightly different name from the original for now to prevent the new file from overwriting it, you can rename the new file when you have backed up the original.
8) When you start up your game, the songs you just transferred will appear in the main single player game, sorted the same as all of the other songs (Alphabetically)! The songs themselves will be stored in the song creation mode's list. It seems like you can edit, copy, and delete the songs from within the game. The songs I converted from BBS files seemed to keep their quality intact, but I noticed that my star level was reset to one star (I'm not sure of whether or not that was just a fluke).

In case you don't have any bbs or bdx files to test out the program with, here's one to start you out with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wm0XBm2qfg (Click "More Info," it's the second RapidShare link)

nextnomura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is a supercard miniSD can play this game without problem? are there a save fix for supercard miniSD?
sorry, i haven't read all of this thread yet.
thanks.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck yeah yasu!

If anyone's interested I have loads of BBS files I downloaded for the original game. They compressed quite well for so many ^^ I forget where I got them though--I think through a link at these forums.

BBS Files

RanmaFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I guess it's a good thing I managed to grab all those songs when I did, eh?

I'm glad that I finally contributed something, considering I've been lurking for over a year without so much as a post.

Anyways, thanks to Yummy for posting my saves on another file sharing site. I was busy having a fire in my backyard with a few neighbors, relaxing, so I didn't see any requests to do so.

YodaJM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't using Yummy's save, cause I have a Cyclo, so mine created a different uid one would think. Probably there is a specific algorithm that the uid's need to fit, which random ones obviously won't likely match.

RayLancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yummy said:
stefanc said:
its to bad that there's still no fix but hey its not like we are paying
tongue.gif

I bought it....this is the kind of game which deserves it....

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. But what bugs me is the download limitation. I mean, I know I won't download most of the songs from Nintendo, but what about the custom content? That is what intrigues me the most but the fact that the custom content eats up part of the 100 download limitation saddens me. (I mean, what if another song comes out from a different author thats better than the one I downloaded originally?) But yea, I'll probably still pick this up, maybe next week when I'm at Anime Expo.

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It seems nintendo has finally began checking ids against their database.
Yummy, thank you for uploading the saves to another host.
Um... I think I would need to put some kind of statement in any of my save file related projects (that is, if I actually start working on them) to prevent getting myself into trouble. Nintendo might be able to sue me if I'm not careful enough.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RayLancer said:
Yummy said:
stefanc said:
tongue.gif

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. But what bugs me is the download limitation. I mean, I know I won't download most of the songs from Nintendo, but what about the custom content? That is what intrigues me the most but the fact that the custom content eats up part of the 100 download limitation saddens me. (I mean, what if another song comes out from a different author thats better than the one I downloaded originally?) But yea, I'll probably still pick this up, maybe next week when I'm at Anime Expo.
Well, there's a separate 100 song counter in the section where you can make your own songs or get them sent from another DS, so it might be possible that there's enough room for 100 songs from Nintendo, and 100 of your own. Otherwise... I'm a bit confused by the two different counters if you can't do that.

RayLancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
RayLancer said:
Yummy said:
stefanc said:
tongue.gif

Well, there's a separate 100 song counter in the section where you can make your own songs or get them sent from another DS, so it might be possible that there's enough room for 100 songs from Nintendo, and 100 of your own. Otherwise... I'm a bit confused by the two different counters if you can't do that.

Whoa, that does interest me. I need to go find out before I buy my copy
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom