DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just buy the game, it's really worth it
grog.gif

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
da_rula said:
grog.gif

Just ordered a copy from playasia. I am looking forward to having it on sleep mode and whipping it out to play whenever I get the chance without worrying about the flash cart owning my battery.

I also have a japanese NTSC wii... does this mean I can use the code to unlock something-or-rather?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bustyman100 said:
da_rula said:
grog.gif

Just ordered a copy from playasia. I am looking forward to having it on sleep mode and whipping it out to play whenever I get the chance without worrying about the flash cart owning my battery.

I also have a japanese NTSC wii... does this mean I can use the code to unlock something-or-rather?
you can then get a wii channel that allows you to use the TV speakers for band brothers DX

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSUK said:
To me, this looks like a conflict between how the flash cards save data and how the DS would normally save data. Meaning you'll probably have to patch the ROM to save data the way the Flash card wants to rather than how it would save normally. But it may be a case of Flash cards not formatting the save file properly TO save song files, so when the card checks for free space, it can't find the start of where downloaded data should go and rather than crashing, it returns 0 free space, hence our predicament here.
QUOTE(Heishiro @ Jun 27 2008, 10:13 AM) So surely wifi isnt working for compatibility issues with the smaller save, the game probably does some checking to how much space u have left to download songs, and when it notices there is no space at all it starts acting strange, thats why wifi and editor mode wont work correctly, and probably will only when developers release new firmware supporting this new save files.
These statements can easily be disproved by the fact that people like me used to be able to connect to Wi-Fi at one point. Since then, and even before the update I used to fix the save compatibility, the game started to refuse to connect to Wi-Fi any longer. So without changing anything on this end I was able to connect, then suddenly not able to connect anymore.

I'm suspecting the issue may have nothing to do with flashcarts anymore, but a region block like DigitalSilence said. This seems far more likely, and may very well be the case. And if that IS the case, then even importing the title will not help you.

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
It is more a probleme of an unstable save, i have a lot of probleme with all save i've tried (not save, when save lost just my sign or some score, score edit buggy, Wifi slot no free).

So when a flashcard team decide to make a real update (like M3 real 1 mb Save) that will be work!!!!
There is no region block, I have a friend with the real cartdidgé next to me
biggrin.gif
and he can download song and upload his own songs!!!

Great game anyway

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Perhaps some sites could upload the additional songs into a file, and have some way of patching them into the ROM. I shouldn't think it would be too hard to do, though it would take a long time to download them all before uploading then re-downloading etc.
Here's hoping some kind soul will do that!

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, we need to find a Japanese guy who can download 100 songs, dump the save, and download the other 100, and dump that. That's one cheap solution to this mess :/

MrDo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The roms distributed are all the same. They can easily block the roms from accessing servers.

While brawl had a region block, it was to limit lag.. Since USA players on japan server with brawls crappy online = lots of lag..

Diagasso, is just for DLC. No need for a region block if you think about it. While they may put one on to stop importers.. but who really cares about that.

if they are blocking anything, it is probably the rom. It really wouldnt be all that hard for them i dont think. or its just an unstable save file causeing the wifi problems... Could be either one.. Either way, if you buy the game you will probably be able to utilize DLC. I will let you know on monday since that is when mine should be getting here..

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xtsuname said:
I am somehow thinking that that is the reason. Since the safe file contains information needed to actually make the game run and stuff. Our current firmware, all except for EDGE still does not contain the software to write make and possibly ammend the 8Mb save file and this might be why our wifi is not working.

Or another reason will be what people have been deriving which was DBBDX server has found a way to identify fake cards and disable downloading from using them.

my thoughts exactly, if your using one on the saves posted on this thread you are using a compressed sav file that some dude (thanks dude
yaynds.gif
) slapped together.. does the job to get by but if the firmware can't handle it then you know it's gonna have it's limitations...

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
These statements can easily be disproved by the fact that people like me used to be able to connect to Wi-Fi at one point. Since then, and even before the update I used to fix the save compatibility, the game started to refuse to connect to Wi-Fi any longer. So without changing anything on this end I was able to connect, then suddenly not able to connect anymore.

I'm suspecting the issue may have nothing to do with flashcarts anymore, but a region block like DigitalSilence said. This seems far more likely, and may very well be the case. And if that IS the case, then even importing the title will not help you.
I guess the simplest way to test this theory would be to have someone who lives in Japan (Preferably with a Japanese DS) and owns an affected flash cart (R4/Cyclo/DSTT/etc.) try to connect to the server. Any takers?

By the by, I have been doing some thinking about this Cyclo firmware update. While it is likely that they have added some basic 8mbit support, as evidenced by your 100 free download slots, it makes me wonder if the core of this update is really just something that just automatically creates a hacked save file. If that were the case, then it would be no surprise that the servers are still blocking it, since my current theory is that there is something unique about the hacked save files that Nintendo is able to use to filter them out.

There could be a horse-cart analogy to describe this situation: The Cyclo team fixed the cart, but they didn't notice that the horse is puking its guts out (Or a less graphic way to show that it refuses to move).

QUOTE(Gokuroro @ Jun 27 2008, 08:22 AM) They are NOT blocking the ROM. As I said before, I can still listen to the music, but, because of the song limits, I can't download them.
Hmm... Intriguing... While the rest of us are blocked out, you can still access the server. I wonder...

I've looked through your past posts and have put together my deductions from your comments:
- You own an EZ-Flash V, instead of the other cart types mentioned in this thread that have hacked saves or new firmwares to load the game, correct?
-- You were able to load up the game itself with the native save file that your EZV created.
--- Therefore, you had no need to download a hacked save or anything based on a hacked save.
---- Thus, you are currently not using a hacked save (Including the ones that the rest of us are using), and you are able to connect to the servers.

If that is the case, then the EZV's untouched saves still connecting may reinforce the theory that our hacked saves can somehow be identified. It's like the opposite of the Cyclo horse-cart analogy; your horse is healthy and ready to go, but your cart is still busted.

Even though more likely than not it may not affect anything, perhaps it might be helpful if you or anyone else with an EZV (Assuming that all EZV users can still connect to the WFC servers) could upload the save somewhere. Who knows, it might contain the info needed to obtain similar results on other flash carts.

Leoking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah,i'm from Japan and have jap DS with R4...
Sometimes i can connect to the server, but can't download anything (grayed button) as i said before... =/

JaySee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bustyman100 said:
da_rula said:
grog.gif

It means you should go to the wii shop channel and download the Daigasso Band Brothers DX "Speaker Channel" ... Then dump it... Then upload the .wad to any of the various Download Link sites like Rapidshare, Megaupload, sendspace, filefactory, etc... Only the Jap Wii shop channel has this "speaker channel". I want to be able to play this game through my TV speakers so bad!!! Someone please dump the speaker channel for everybody!!!

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Leoking said:
Sometimes i can connect to the server, but can't download anything (grayed button) as i said before... =/
Yeowch, if you're in Japan right now and you are still able to connect to the servers with an R4 (That is, if you're able to preview songs and use the Wi-Fi radio option), then that may be all the proof needed to show that there is indeed a region block (Probably IP filtering) in place.

Hanpusu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lupigen said:
Leoking said:
Yeowch, if you're in Japan right now and you are still able to connect to the servers with an R4 (That is, if you're able to preview songs and use the Wi-Fi radio option), then that may be all the proof needed to show that there is indeed a region block (Probably IP filtering) in place.
Wasn't the problem more likely to be that you actually can't write save data when you play the game at the moment?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm betting that these errors are because the DS doesn't know what to do with the music streams. Obviously Wi-Fi tries to write something to the SRAM during certain actions--I don't think that you're being blocked. It's more likely just an issue with certain operations dealing with the SRAM aren't working out so nicely at the moment, without proper support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto