Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
ojsinnerz said:
LOL.

I'll play this with my friends whenever they come over....
I was gonna say LOL but then I read this post...

Anyway, why is this game online only?
Not online only, just local multiplayer only.

And as to why, if you play it, you'll see why. This is only something that can be fun in a group of friends, and even then it won't always be fun(if you don't know how to make it fun).

Kind of a bummer to see no online on this version. That could've been something they could add to make the USA version worth it. It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened, either. The Japanese version of clubhouse games didn't have Wi-Fi, but they overhauled it on localization and made it what it is today.
smile.gif

appleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason why this game isn't wifi online is because people will be drawing cocks and that would cause all sorts of problems with the kids.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get the game to work. I have two DSes, had both games running, but neither DS showed the other on the wireless screen. What am I missing here?
unsure.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
I can't seem to get the game to work. I have two DSes, had both games running, but neither DS showed the other on the wireless screen. What am I missing here?
unsure.gif
Which flashcart and MicroSD cards you using, yo?
unsure.gif

To be honest, they shouldn't have made this game if they weren't going to include Wi-Fi.
But hell, why am I complaining - I didn't pay for it!

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other players can only join using download play IIRC. So you both can't have it running...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
The other players can only join using download play IIRC. So you both can't have it running...

Ah...so then one DS should have it running, and the other should use download play from the DS firmware screen?

BTW, JPH, my wife and I are both using CycloDSes on original DS phats. I think the microSDs are both Kingston 1GB.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
unsure.gif

I'm the same, and my patience is just about gone....maybe a good thing, LOL!

Using R4s and Kingston MicroSD cards and have acquired rom from a couple of sources.

What is happening:
(1) Game loads in 'host' DS console, without any problem - select 'start'
(2) 2nd DS console finds host - select host and select download
(3) 'Host' console shows 2nd console, select 'start' - states it is transferring data
(4) After approx 1 min or so, 'host' console screens turn white and then states "communication error". 2nd console shows white screens with Nintendo logo on top screen.

Any ideas, anyone??

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
Not online only, just local multiplayer only.

And as to why, if you play it, you'll see why. This is only something that can be fun in a group of friends, and even then it won't always be fun(if you don't know how to make it fun).

Kind of a bummer to see no online on this version. That could've been something they could add to make the USA version worth it. It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened, either. The Japanese version of clubhouse games didn't have Wi-Fi, but they overhauled it on localization and made it what it is today.
smile.gif
You seem to be contradicting yourself. First you say that it's a kind of game that would only be fun playing with a group of friends and then you say you wish it had online.

Personally, I agree with what you said first. This game would be no fun at all online. You need to be able to see and interact with the other people you're playing with. Personally, I feel that about many multiplayer video games, which is why I think very few games are any good online, but it's especially true of a game like this.

That's why LOL is actually a very good title for a game like this. Laughter is a social phenomenon. When people are alone, they actually very rarely laugh out loud and almost never really crack up even when they really do find something funny. But when we're in groups and having a good time, the sense is heightened and laughter comes naturally. We feed off each other's enjoyment.

Despite appreciating the concept, I still think this is a dumb video game. The board game some other people have mentioned is also dumb. Just use a freaking pad of paper. The concept is creativity? Why pay some company for giving you the rules of a game that you're going to make up as you go along? A fool and his money. It's the foundation of capitalism.

...word is bondage...

xstealthyx

Trophies
XP
Country
ds_magic said:
irpacynot said:
unsure.gif

I'm the same, and my patience is just about gone....maybe a good thing, LOL!

Using R4s and Kingston MicroSD cards and have acquired rom from a couple of sources.

What is happening:
(1) Game loads in 'host' DS console, without any problem - select 'start'
(2) 2nd DS console finds host - select host and select download
(3) 'Host' console shows 2nd console, select 'start' - states it is transferring data
(4) After approx 1 min or so, 'host' console screens turn white and then states "communication error". 2nd console shows white screens with Nintendo logo on top screen.

Any ideas, anyone??

Looks like a problem with some R4s. Supercard DSone (SDHC) will work when you select the 'Fix Downplay' from the SET PATCH menu.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xstealthyx said:
Looks like a problem with some R4s. Supercard DSone (SDHC) will work when you select the 'Fix Downplay' from the SET PATCH menu.

Perhaps, although I have today 'dug up' a Supercard SD Slot 2 cart with the exact same result. Looks like I'm doomed not to try this game.

xstealthyx

Trophies
XP
Country
ds_magic said:
xstealthyx said:

Perhaps, although I have today 'dug up' a Supercard SD Slot 2 cart with the exact same result. Looks like I'm doomed not to try this game.

If it helps, it works with Supercard Lite using software version 2.66 and Firmware 1.85.

- Use High compatibility
- Unselect other default settings from Game List menu.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xstealthyx said:
ds_magic said:
xstealthyx said:

If it helps, it works with Supercard Lite using software version 2.66 and Firmware 1.85.

- Use High compatibility
- Unselect other default settings from Game List menu.

Thanks for trying, but that didn't work either. Someone here has it working on R4 also, but I can't.
This looks destined to be one of life's little mysteries!
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo