Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game would be pointless single player, and probably not very fun unless everyone is in the same room. Here's the description from ign.com:

QUOTE said:
LOL is a multiplayer-only party game, using the DS and its multiplayer features in a unique way. The game puts a fresh spin on the classic Japanese Game Oogiri. Players must challenge each other in free-form trivia-type face-offs. The core structure of the game is extremely simple. Up to four players link together, and the randomly-decided leader of the group begins by writing a command or list of instructions on the touch screen to send to every other player. Once written, the group leader then sets an amount of time allowed for the challenge, and then beams it out to each of the other DS units. From there, it's all about drawing or writing on the DS's touch screen, as each player attempts to win the votes at the end of the round. Once finished all pictures are sent to the group leader, they reveal them one at a time or all at once, and everyone slides three vote tokens onto any number of pictures (their own included). The player with the most votes (Is it funny? Creative? Well-illustrated?) at the end of the round becomes the new leader; simple as that.

Screenshots: http://media.ds.ign.com/media/899/899467/imgs_1.html

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tomqman said:
any screenshots ?
ME0000952340_2.jpg
ME0000952339_2.jpg
f_winm_fca1fdf.jpg

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Todays lesson: How to lose cash quickly in the handheld gaming scene! (In 5 easy steps!)

Step 1. Create gimmicky game.
Step 2. Don't market it where it matters.
Step 3. Make it available to buy online only.
Step 4. Make game multiplayer only.
Step 5. Don't add WiFi!

There you have it! Quick 5 steps to waste a bucket load of cash and seal yourself for all eternity in the DS' shovelware hall of shame!

Could have so easily been better.
*sigh*

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The folks who made this wanted to fail at it.

Why would anyone buy a multi-player ONLY game that doesn't support WIFI?

Even if I could convince my friends to buy DS's to play the games, this mess would'nt be the deciding factor of the game, thats for sure
rolleyes.gif

Its the same thing with most "Party" games on DS and I cant understand why people repeated do this in these games...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Might put this on my card, sounds like it might be a laugh. I much prefer local play to Wi-Fi when it comes to multiplayer, I can't imagine this would be as much fun playing against some faceless Swedish geek as playing with some real life cretin associates.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think you guys are being a bit harsh, under the right circumstances this game could be lot of fun, the ign dudes seem to like it for what it is.

But, it's basically just pictochat with a few rules.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was originally a very low priced Japanese game, the developers probably never thought it would even get localised.

Personally I reckon it should have been included with some other stuff to add value to it. Playing this with the Mrs we thought it was fun, not enough to buy though and its basically the same as some board games out there that don't require everyone playing to have a DS.

Some may want to keep it on their cards seeing that its a tiny file.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah some of you people seem to be forgetting that some people have real life friends that they can local multiplayer wifi with!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, no one has yet to say it, but we all know we want to...

If they make a sequel, will it be called ROFL?
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone