DS #2326: Mugen no Frontier: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga (Japan)

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Kishu said:
bunnybreaker said:
Kishu said:
Um, my game isn't working on my R4, whenever I try to play it, I get some kind of Japanese error.

I had an error when using 1.17 firmware, updated to 1.18 and it works fine.

Thats weird, I've updated to 1.18, but its not working, can you maybe link it?

I just downloaded the firmware from here, I used the standard 1.18 firmware, I noticed there was a version patched to work with cheats or something, but as I never really use any, I didn't bother with that version.

Just for extra clarity, I downloaded the ROM, trimmed it with NDSTokyoTrim, put it on my card (version 1.17 firmware), created a save file and loaded it, then got an error in Japanese, mentioned something about Save Data. Downloaded and installed 1.18 firmware (from the GBAtemp download page), games runs perfect.

I'm using a Japanese 2GB Kingston card and have the original style (with spring) R4, dunno if either of those things could make or break that error, seems unlikely.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Truth said:
]
Kaos said:
The Alteisen
lol, alt-eisen is german and means old-iron.
stupid japanese names...
rolleyes.gif

yep deffinately oversized boobs:
pa1236751hz0.jpg
And whats wrong with that?
rolleyes.gif

zengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
jaesun said:
im using g6 lite, and i get an error in the beginning... how can i bypass this?

I have the very same error...excuse the extreme noobnes but what's this arm7? does it allow the game to be played on a g6 lite?

the card it's fully updated by the way...

FalconPunch!

Trophies
XP
Country
oke guys i think you guys have that black box in japanese at begin error right?
if it is ...well don't know if it work for other cards but for my super card i changed the savefile into 512/KB after that it worked fine!

Guile589

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
FAST6191 said:
Curiosity piqued.
Rom pulled apart.

Directory structure:
not good. Basic overlays, binaries and whatnot but everything contained within a large SRL file. Fortunately support for the format exists but delving into that is equally fun.
Everything is contained within directories.
pk* files are the main files within the directories and AHX sound is used (I did not check to see whether it was actual ahx or just a coincidence, were I a betting man I would choose the former as it has been seen in games)
Font is ntfr and I see roman characters with a nice bunch of other characters with a fairly nice appearance.

No obvious compression in files (I am seeing very simple repeating sections running in hundreds of kilobytes).
I only did a quick scan through but text files were not obvious like some games.

This is just a very quick scan mind you and I have not played yet so I am not sure if it is enough for me to break my temporary translation embargo (I will certainly play second fiddle to someone though).

How did you unpack this srl file?

bunsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SRL files are basically the same as NDS files. Just use ndstool or dslazy or whatever other frontend you prefer.

woolite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those having trouble patching with dslazy/arm7, try using Arm7 Patcher 1.0. When I unpacked the ROM using dslazy, it reduced the filesize from 128mb to 106mb and I received the data error regardless of re-packing with the new arm7. Arm7 Patcher 1.0 bypasses this, so no problems here.

Working with R4 v1.18

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woolite said:
To those having trouble patching with dslazy/arm7, try using Arm7 Patcher 1.0. When I unpacked the ROM using dslazy, it reduced the filesize from 128mb to 106mb and I received the data error regardless of re-packing with the new arm7. Arm7 Patcher 1.0 bypasses this, so no problems here.

Working with R4 v1.18

i tried using Arm 7 Patcher...some reason it also went down to 106mb

EDIT: wait. no. i didnt get that. arm 7 patcher didnt do anything when i tried and all i got was that it created some poison.bat in the folder

woolite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case its a version issue with your patcher, I uploaded the exact copy that I used (downloaded from ds-scene) If you aren't comfortable downloading it from me, feel free to head over there and grab it.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...CBF656375692C6D

Hope this link works :x

Edit: Mine created poison.bat as well and made the changes very quickly. I thought it didn't work at first, but it works fine ;]

woolite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. My final copy is 128mb, the bin modification should only be a few hundred kilobytes of modification max. Still no luck?

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woolite said:
No. My final copy is 128mb, the bin modification should only be a few hundred kilobytes of modification max. Still no luck?

nope. even with your one, i put the file in the \Arm7Patch folder, .exe, selected the file, clicked P. chug chug chug went my comp and out came the poison.bat, \UNPACK folder and finally a 106mb file.

DukeZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
woolite said:

Working with R4 v1.18

Didn't work for DS-X 1.1.3b, sadly.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kamiyama said:
I hope M3 team would do upgrade to M3CF and ASAP.
Face it, it won't happen! They haven't done one since last November! Do what I did and get a new card, I had good times with my M3 but its time as passed.

Game works fine on CycloDS Evo.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Works with M3CF with dslazy and arm7 thing. Too many games and too little time, though. Ninja Gaiden 2, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit and now this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far