DS #2230: The World Ends With You (Europe)

gonnhead1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HitBattousai said:
Shuny's Tool: http://www.shunyweb.info/index.php

However, the DS-X wouldn't recognize the converted saves for some reason, so I just tried the unaltered version of one of the saves(forgot which one) and it worked for me. Keep in mind the save must match the file name of the rom exactly. And the 1.13 update does fix the ARM bug.

that kinda sucks
unsure.gif

moo422

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone attempted to run an audio-swapped (using DSLazy, both /SOUNDS and /*.adx) version of the game on a 3.4 M3 REAL?

I'm wondering if the combination of the M3 REAL with an audio-swapped ROM is causing me grief.

Thanks in advance.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I did what the majority advised and played well into chapter 3 but honestly. . .

- The story is excellent
- The graphics are Jet Set Radio-ish minus the cell shading - Great!
- The controls are a major let down and as such ruins the game.

I stand by what I said yesterday - It's not my cup of tea.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an M3Real and the game works fine for me (trimmed with NDSTokyoTrim). It seems to be a strange hit or miss deal with this game for us M3R users. I've heard a few others have it work right off the bat and even some more had it work after formatting their SD card.

I guess some of us are just lucky. :X
Although I should point out I'm not using the latest system files. Not sure what version I'm using, but I know its older than the current 3.4 version.

gillman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deletable_Man said:
I have an M3Real and the game works fine for me (trimmed with NDSTokyoTrim). It seems to be a strange hit or miss deal with this game for us M3R users. I've heard a few others have it work right off the bat and even some more had it work after formatting their SD card.

I guess some of us are just lucky. :X
Although I should point out I'm not using the latest system files. Not sure what version I'm using, but I know its older than the current 3.4 version.
It's working on my M3 Real on the 3.3 system files, maybe the 3.4 messes this game up somehow. Also I did not alter the ROM at all and I'm somewhere in day 4.

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Both the Japanese audio swap and the unaltered rom work perfectly on my M3R after a format of my SD. I'm on latest firmware as well.

You can always just bypass that stupid hat part with the savegame i posted on page 12 or so and no further freezing will occur.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very into this game so far. The production values are great, and I'm hooked on the story. I'm not far into it, but so far it's really good.

jubeiyagyuX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm can anyone help me out.tried playing on no$gba 2.6a and after the start screen (which doesnt show the icons,tho i managed to get through it) nothing happens for a very long time and then it just freezes up and crashes.
unsure.gif
can any1 help me cuz ive waited like almoest a year for this game
rolleyes.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those with a Supercard DS One, and still get the freezing, you might want to try what i did to get it working.
I first changed the saver size from unknown to 512, then in the patching menu settings, i enabled it, and enabled the following 'Patch SD Card Read Speed' and 'Patch Saver'. Then i was able to get past the freezing, not sure if it will work for all, but its worth a try.

siriochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to replace the intro movie of the Euro version with the one from Jap version? Maybe it can prevent the freeze...

I unpacked both roms with DSLazy, but can't figure out wich files are the movies =_=

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The story just gets better and better -- wow! Probably one of the very best video-game stories I've had the pleasure of playing through. And the game is definitely a pleasure to play. Most games are lucky to get just one thing right -- either story or gameplay -- but this game marries both brilliantly.
wub.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm playing it on a SuperCard miniSD (which for the record, freezes with Castlevania: PoR... so it's not a speed issue
tongue.gif
) and I'm on the 4th day with no freeze problems whatsoever.

Great game so far
biggrin.gif

NDS_N00b

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm really enjoying the game but still it's really hard. It's like having to fight 2 different battles at the same time, and people will just forget about the game as soon as they will notice how hard it is.

I think square enix could make the battle system like "one screen at the time" (while passing the sync) for normal mode and them at hard mode you would get the the 2 battles at the same time, i think it would make the game more fun to more people.

I'm with 3 seconds delay for Shiki, and still can get that f*cking shark to die!!!

Still, it's really addictive, i just want to sync myself to the whole 2battle system and them i'm going to kick some noise with perfect A!!!

MasterM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
NDS_N00b said:
I think square enix could make the battle system like "one screen at the time" (while passing the sync) for normal mode and them at hard mode you would get the the 2 battles at the same time, i think it would make the game more fun to more people.

You gotta be kidding me. Do you ever read dialogues and ingame descriptions regarding game system? Things you indicated are adjustable. Pay attention to the game you playing lol...

NDS_N00b

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes i know that, if MasterM would just read my reply more carefully, i said that Shiki was 3 seconds delay (for starting auto-play), that said one can assume that i know about the settings of Shiki, and i also know about setting the dificulty (i'm on 3/8).

For you to get the full experience of the game, managing both caracteres during a battle is a requirement i think. And i think it's fair to say that it takes a lot of practice to control both caracteres in a Battle, but i want to get the full experience. And yes, i do read the tutorials carefully (otherwise i wouldn't know about the settings), i'm not the type "i'm not a n00b at anything, i'm a fu*king hardcore player and tutorials are for pussys".

Like i said "i think square enix could make the battle system like "one screen at the time"" it was just an opinion, not a statement, and "opinions are like a*s holes, everyone has one", and that has just my opinion.

So MasterM, pay attention to the replys.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NDS_N00b said:
Like i said "i think square enix could make the battle system like "one screen at the time"" it was just an opinion, not a statement, and "opinions are like a*s holes, everyone has one", and that has just my opinion.

So MasterM, pay attention to the replys "lol".

Hmm...I don't know, man. I was feeling that the game was a bit too easy. You can make it hard for yourself if you try to do all of Shiki's combos, but there's no real incentive to do so, since that ultimate, team attack isn't ever really necessary. You can pretty much just spam her side combos while spamming one of Neku's slash or tap pins.

I've got my settings on Normal (since, even though I'm on Day 6, I don't seem to have a harder setting yet), Shiki set for manual, and my level is set at 8 (though my actual level is 16), and I still find it to be pretty easy to get star ratings at the end of a four-battle match.

That doesn't mean I don't find it really fun. I love the battle system, but I do think it's pretty easy once you find its exploitable elements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: