DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BakuFunn said:
can anyone actually explain how it works with retail carts then?

Extract taken from wikipedia ... add salt as necessary :

Later Action Replays which only supported cheat codes and had no monitor program, worked by monitoring memory access for certain triggers or by overwriting certain memory addresses at particular times (such as once per frame, or on a timer). On systems such as the Dreamcast, this could even be done entirely in software.

Yigor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BakuFunn said:

it "patches" the memory... for example at a certain adress in memory you got the value for the money you have in a game then that value will be overwritten to the desired one...

linnusx5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
knl said:
CockroachMan said:
You think that is too much?
Brazilian price for the game: 200 BRL = aprox. 118 USD

and that's why I don't buy games..

story of my life.
I used to get a -single- GC game per year, if even.
frown.gif

That's not really an excuse.

You can do just like me and buy the game on CDUniverse or eBay. =P

US$38.95 for the game + US$10.95 for shipping = US$49,90 (aprox. R$84)

It just takes 2/3 weeks to get here in Sao Paulo.

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
linnusx5 said:

are you kidding me, I thought taxes raped the prices way more than that O_O

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yigor said:
BakuFunn said:

it "patches" the memory... for example at a certain adress in memory you got the value for the money you have in a game then that value will be overwritten to the desired one...

Exactly, it patches the memory, as opposed to the ROM.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
linnusx5 said:
knl said:
CockroachMan said:

story of my life.
frown.gif

Se a receita não pegar o seu jogo e meter 60% de imposto de importação em cima.. aconteceu com meu M3 Simply
tongue.gif

Sorry for using portuguese, but I didn't knew how to say that in english, and the commentary is aimed for the brazilian guy.. so..

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It certainly is interesting how far this topic has gone already.

I'm starting to wonder if the E version would be a fix. I mean...looking at Megaman ZX Advent. U version on my M3 Perfect SD? Freezes up at the waterfall/first boss. Even to this day, there's still no fix for it (and I'm pretty sure there's still not even a firmware update since that release). So out comes the E version. Works like a charm (except there aren't any voices, which I guess makes sense).

I've actually grown a little disillusioned with my flashcart as of late. I never got into one of those slot-1 devices, as I already spent good money on 2x2GB SD cards and the flashcart itself, and people have already made the switch. It's like people gave up on it. And with good reason, as slot-1s are usually easier to set up and get running, and there are only a handful of games they can't run.

Sorry, just useless bitching over my choice in life and how stubborn I am of change. =P

linnusx5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CockroachMan said:
linnusx5 said:
knl said:
CockroachMan said:

story of my life.
frown.gif

Se a receita não pegar o seu jogo e meter 60% de imposto de importação em cima.. aconteceu com meu M3 Simply
tongue.gif

Sorry for using portuguese, but I didn't knew how to say that in english, and the commentary is aimed for the brazilian guy.. so..

That happened with my M3 Real too, but only because it was shipped on Fedex... it arrived in 3 days, but I had to pay more R$40.

But I've ordered more than 20 games (including GBA games) and some accessories (like a wirelles controller for my ps2) and NONE of them got stuck in customs. (Ou seja, sem imposto nenhum, todos).

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
But wait, this doesn't explain how the Wii costs US$250 in the USA (obv) and most stores around here sell them for R$1500.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
linnusx5 said:
That happened with my M3 Real too, but only because it was shipped on Fedex... it arrived in 3 days, but I had to pay more R$40.

But I've ordered more than 20 games (including GBA games) and some accessories (like a wirelles controller for my ps2) and NONE of them got stuck in customs. (Ou seja, sem imposto nenhum, todos).

Good to know that.. I might try it sometime..

QUOTE(knl @ Mar 13 2008, 05:29 PM) But wait, this doesn't explain how the Wii costs US$250 in the USA (obv) and most stores around here sell them for R$1500.

Well.. if you sell it at a store.. you can't escape from taxes..
tongue.gif

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
Yigor said:
BakuFunn said:

Exactly, it patches the memory, as opposed to the ROM.
That would mean, the game's code requires it to check if there is a patch active at intervals, lets say 20 minutes, then They will then show the Moogles of restart instead of loading the next object the game is requested, as I heard someone get the screen for selecting moogle paint.
This theory is based on my retail cart, and Nitro Hax, a homebrew cheat device.
this is what happened-
1)Started Nitro Hax
2)Selected .xml file
3)ejected r4/m3 simply (I have the m3, but they are identical anyways)Enabled cheat infinite Gil
4)Put in retail cart of FFCC
5)Enabled cheat infinite Gil, started the game
6)Selected multiplay
7)Selected Play on your Own
8)Selected new book, made a new character
9)Created another character
10)Started the Clavat's story (First Guy I created)
11)Went through roughly 6 doors, roughly 15 minutes.
12)Selected change character
13)Selected the Seike (Second guy)
14)Went through around 5 doors, roughly 5 minutes, on the 6th door, it showed the Screen.

Sorry If I wrote too many steps but I wanted to be exact, for any errors.
My theory should be correct. BTW the code did not work. (inf Gil)

FinalFantasyFanG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diew said:
People like infidel dog and finalfantasyfangirl shouldn't be allowed to post anymore as they don't really contribute to this thread except to get their post counts up. I've been here for the past three days reading all 53+ pages as I am currently waiting for some kind of patch from the developers of individual flash cart to try to fix this problem. For three pages or so, infidel dog has posted nothing but "spam" and I'm surprised the administrators or moderators have done nothing about this =/

People who just joined should seriously read the past pages of this topic as many people are always asking the same question which is "does this work on my so and so cart?"
Let me quote VataLoco on his post on page 47:
QUOTE said:
NOT WORKING WITH ("Thank you for playing" screens):
DSTT
G6 Lite (Safe Mode)
M3 Perfect MiniSD
M3 Simply
R4
Supercard S
D

People should seriously be more patient and stop whining about not being able to buy a free game you can easily download off the net. And yes I believe my post is probably not helpful during this situation of bitching and whining about this game, but just as Rayder said before, just wait for a new patch or a hack for the rom. Other than that, the best and most SIMPLE solution to not being able to play the game is to BUY the game.

Um excuse you? Why do you like gotta pick on me only? And what do you mean by posting to get my post counts up? Am I like gonna get money from posting a lot? Am I like gonna get some kind of reward? UM NO! And if like so many people are always asking the same question, why you like gotta pick on me? And like doesn't spam mean when you like type the same thing over and over and like over again?

PS - I don't like see you contribute anything to this either... SO
mad.gif

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Um excuse you? Why do you like gotta pick on me only? And what do you mean by posting to get my post counts up? Am I like gonna get money from posting a lot? Am I like gonna get some kind of reward? UM NO! And if like so many people are always asking the same question, why you like gotta pick on me? And like doesn't spam mean when you like type the same thing over and over and like over again?

PS - I don't like see you contribute anything to this either... SO
mad.gif

With a post like that it's not helping. Also unless you know how to stop or trick a crc check don't bother posting. I meant to stop posting here, but with your post it was unavoidable.

P.S. Not trying to be mean. It just makes you kind of a hypocrite.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So trimming doesn't affect the rom at all? If so, then the SCDS1 should be taken off the list of working carts on the first page, since I'm getting the moogle on mine with patch disabled.

I'm giving up. It could be days before any of the teams get a fix out for this. On to start the game on the Evo. I could also try it on the G6 Real, but since it works on the M3 Real than I'm sure it does on the G6 too.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ShadowStitch said:
I believe the occasional CRC check theory...and if it's correct, it seems like it would be a simple fix (in theory, if not in practice.)

1) Get original rom CRC.
2) Find CRC check in game code, note location.
3) Patch Rom for play on [insert flashcard here].
4) Check patched Rom's CRC.
5) Replace original CRC in game code check with patched rom CRC.
6) Game does CRC check, CRC check matches existing CRC, no MoD.

Of course, by that point I'd assume a talented enough coder could just remove the crc check entirely, but whatever.
Just a thought.

okay i got the following information for: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

Software Title: FFCC ROF
Game Serial: NTR-AFXE-USA
Maker Code: GD
Publisher: SQUARE ENIX
Logo Code: 0xCF56(OK)
Header CRC: 0xC18F(OK)
Secure CRC: 0xF41A(Decrypted)
Cart Size: 1024 mbit(OK)
CRC32: 0xE16B9300

(for anybody who has any knowledge about ROM info)is their any info that is actually USEFUL here that could stop the MoD?

thanks..going to try the eNDryptS Advanced method too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste