DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

masterful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's this guy/group/whatever called b0XXle claming that they modified the ROM to stop the TYFP screen. I'm not sure of the source, but here's a quotation:

QUOTE said:
"Game: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates
System: Nintendo DS
Release Group: b0XXle

Why is it realeased again? b0XXle has fixed the "Thank you for playing!" screen error. It no longer does it! ROM has been re-dumped, injected with ARM7fix, and ran through the M3 game manager using 4xDMA/Force R/W. The result? No more "Thank you for playing screen!" And a 100% working game. Enjoy."

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Me, too ... especially as it's been confirmed that the US version already contains all the different languages within it's code already.

All they will have to do for the Euro version is add a language select screen.

Posts merged

masterful said:
There's this guy/group/whatever called b0XXle claming that they modified the ROM to stop the TYFP screen. I'm not sure of the source, but here's a quotation:

QUOTE said:
"Game: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates
System: Nintendo DS
Release Group: b0XXle

Why is it realeased again? b0XXle has fixed the "Thank you for playing!" screen error. It no longer does it! ROM has been re-dumped, injected with ARM7fix, and ran through the M3 game manager using 4xDMA/Force R/W. The result? No more "Thank you for playing screen!" And a 100% working game. Enjoy."

The b0xxle thing is BS ... loads of us on here tested it yesterday ... just get white screens ... totally unplayable.

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People like infidel dog and finalfantasyfangirl shouldn't be allowed to post anymore as they don't really contribute to this thread except to get their post counts up. I've been here for the past three days reading all 53+ pages as I am currently waiting for some kind of patch from the developers of individual flash cart to try to fix this problem. For three pages or so, infidel dog has posted nothing but "spam" and I'm surprised the administrators or moderators have done nothing about this =/

People who just joined should seriously read the past pages of this topic as many people are always asking the same question which is "does this work on my so and so cart?"
Let me quote VataLoco on his post on page 47:
QUOTE said:
NOT WORKING WITH ("Thank you for playing" screens):
DSTT
G6 Lite (Safe Mode)
M3 Perfect MiniSD
M3 Simply
R4
Supercard S
D

People should seriously be more patient and stop whining about not being able to buy a free game you can easily download off the net. And yes I believe my post is probably not helpful during this situation of bitching and whining about this game, but just as Rayder said before, just wait for a new patch or a hack for the rom. Other than that, the best and most SIMPLE solution to not being able to play the game is to BUY the game.

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diew said:
People like infidel dog and finalfantasyfangirl shouldn't be allowed to post anymore as they don't really contribute to this thread except to get their post counts up. I've been here for the past three days reading all 53+ pages as I am currently waiting for some kind of patch from the developers of individual flash cart to try to fix this problem. For three pages or so, infidel dog has posted nothing but "spam" and I'm surprised the administrators or moderators have done nothing about this =/

People who just joined should seriously read the past pages of this topic as many people are always asking the same question which is "does this work on my so and so cart?"
Let me quote VataLoco on his post on page 47:
QUOTE said:
NOT WORKING WITH ("Thank you for playing" screens):
DSTT
G6 Lite (Safe Mode)
M3 Perfect MiniSD
M3 Simply
R4
Supercard S
D

People should seriously be more patient and stop whining about not being able to buy a free game you can easily download off the net. And yes I believe my post is probably not helpful during this situation of bitching and whining about this game, but just as Rayder said before, just wait for a new patch or a hack for the rom. Other than that, the best and most SIMPLE solution to not being able to play the game is to BUY the game.

It doesn't work on the EZV either. Why does no one what to post that in their "not working" lists :/.

masterful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've actually ordered the game from Play-Asia just now, it'll be next week till I'll be able to play it. I'll give it a whirl nonetheless, it'll be like playing a demo while I wait.

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
diew said:
... the best and most SIMPLE solution to not being able to play the game is to BUY the game.

Not that simple when you don't live in a country where the game has been released, sadly.

Hmmm, since you live in the UK, I believe that is Europe(?) I hate geography and don't really care about the different countries in the world, but here's release dates taken from Wikipedia
JP August 23, 2007
NA March 11, 2008
AUS March 20, 2008
EU March 21, 2008
Just wait for the it to be released in your country or IMPORT the game, but cost more though =X

And for gumbyscout, I've also read that the EZV is not compatible with the game as well, I just quoted a member on what he stated.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This Rom can be hacked into MULTI-5!
I dunno,but perhaps (perhaps 50%) the TYFP-Screen could be fixxed in a way,if you try to hack it in to M5? :wtf:
I can´t hack so good xD...So I can´t try to look,if it works.But perhaps someone of you has got enough knowledge to test it for us?

masterful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WTF? Oh wait, I'll be getting it about $10-20 cheaper anyway, not to mention a little bit earlier (hopefully).

masterful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
masterful said:
WTF? Oh wait, I'll be getting it about $10-20 cheaper anyway, not to mention a little bit earlier (hopefully).

The Australian release date is one week from today ... a day before the UK release date.

Well, I already ordered without checking the AUS release date, so I just hope shipping doesn't take longer than 3-7 business days :/ It shouldn't, P-A is pretty speedy.

Drusenija

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It _is_ incredibly tempting to just go out and buy it, especially since I have a G6 Lite slot 2 cart which I seriously doubt is going to receive a firmware update just for this. I wonder what the AU retail cost'll be? Probably around AU$80 >.

masterful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heya Dru
smile.gif

Yeah, I was guessing about $70-80. Looks like ebgames is selling it for $70.

Edit:
Play-Asia is selling the US ver. for ~49.23 AUD btw.
biggrin.gif

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
On some chinese sites i saw they were able to translate the game in chinese.

AS i said before arm7 fix is useless.

I would also appreciate if some smart people stop spamming this thread ... i read the full 54 pages too ^^

For R4 owners do you try Moogle painting on the first save point ? Is that working for you ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu