DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
So, anybody tried with a slot2 supercard ?
huh.gif

buddha-kun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
okay, im already at the Abandoned City, at around 50mins.... and still NO TIME OUT..

im using a ninjapass X9 btw, i'll keep on playing to see if its safe to say, this one's not 'affected'

0xyG3N

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This one looks good
biggrin.gif

But i needda finish my other final fantasy first
ph34r.gif

If i finished that there will be another final fantasy :X

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Works with no$gba 2.4c, just beat the first boss.
Probably not going to bother with a cart for a while though unless I fancy doing an undub.

S

scubersteve

0xyG3N said:
This one looks good
biggrin.gif

But i needda finish my other final fantasy first
ph34r.gif

If i finished that there will be another final fantasy :X
Oxymoron FTW?
Same thing happened on forums when Final Destination 2 came out...

Yigor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
copy protection seems to be something like a random md5 hash check, cause if you use the clean unpatched rom, you r able to play...
any patched, modified or in any other way changed rom dump wont work...

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Yigor said:
copy protection seems to be something like a random md5 hash check, cause if you use the clean unpatched rom, you r able to play...

Seems to make sense... the cards which patch on-the-fly and don't really run clean dumps are not going to work. So someone needs to disassemble the game, probably find where the 'Thanks for playing' text is called and just remove the check, or something similar to that i reckon anyway.

Zucot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yigor said:

Did you verify this yourself? Does the 'unpatched' rom work on an R4?

I only saw one release, is there another version floating around?

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
At first, I thought this protection is made for R4 (because of it famous as easiest way to play rom)
so other carts that has the same way to patch rom got the same result.

but M3Real and other carts may have other way to patch rom so they don't get any problem.

BUT.....if M3Real works
Why G6Real doesn't?
It share the same firmware.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Zucot said:

The R4 patches the game on-the-fly if you choose to or not AFAIK

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Zucot said:
Yigor said:

I think he means unpatch option on SCDS.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to add that this works on EzV carts, with hybrid mode and cheat mode off. Requires clean mode to work just like other carts. Also played it trimmed.
smile.gif

cory1492 said:
laugh.gif

Why does everyone always assume it is "protection" rather than simply a compatibility issue? (Like those games that used a different mask ROM ages ago, which because the dumpers were not coded to compensate everyone assumed it was "protection"
rolleyes.gif
.)

Sounds to me like there is a pointer to the pak file getting trashed somewhere along the way, maybe even directly to do with whatever is done to the ROM by very specific methods that make it work on unofficial hardware in the first place. Might even be a good test to see exactly which "teams" are snaking code from competitors...

I agree with cory1492, I don't think this is a copy protection. However if it is, it's targeted towards the way probably a general way how flash carts patch roms "on-the-fly." I knew getting an EzV would pay off at some point.
biggrin.gif

Ktaro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
umm has anyone tried to copy the japanese voices into it yet? is it easy or do you have to use a hex editor and complicated crap? what were the program you needed anyway I can't remember hmm...we wants original seiyuu!

damon666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
working on M3 Real , as it should be . beated the first boss
and no crappy messages from the developers .

good work 'hugecock'
grog.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Zucot said:
Does the 'unpatched' rom work on an R4?

This confusion is understandable because the R4 doesn't really run unpatched roms but you can put unpatched roms onto your microSD and play them on the R4. When you run those roms however the R4 patches them before it loads them into memory. Basically what we used to do on our PCs before transferring the patched roms onto our slot-2 supercard or whatever the R4 does itself within its operating system. But by the time the game runs it's not an unpatched, clean rom so any copy protection which checks if the rom has been modified will kick into action.

EDIT: So presumably this means the CycloDS truely runs clean, unaltered roms and that's why it can run this game fine? I saw people a back when the CycloDS came out trying to come up with solutions to check but I can't remember how it panned out. Only occasionally read the Cyclo forums because I don't own one
tongue.gif

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
BlueStar said:
This confusion is understandable because the R4 doesn't really run unpatched roms but you can put unpatched roms onto your microSD and play them on the R4. When you run those roms however the R4 patches them before it loads them into memory. Basically what we used to do on our PCs before transferring the patched roms onto our slot-2 supercard or whatever the R4 does itself within its operating system. But by the time the game runs it's not an unpatched, clean rom so any copy protection which checks if the rom has been modified will kick into action.

Yep, everyone just read this before asking anymore questions since it explains it all perfectly. Same applies to other carts which patches on-the-fly.

Yigor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zucot said:
Yigor said:

theres no need to verify, just read the boards and use your brains... there is one person around here, which tried to undub the sound... read that and count 1+1...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I asked one of my fave translators