DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

Nehle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do we know it's actually CRC though? It could just was well be md5, SHA-X or something, and that's A LOT tougher.

IMO, the easiest way to patch it would be to change the "check size/hash" functions to always return true

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, an old fashioned crack would be nice. At least the challenge might excite some of the oldschoolers in to action. Let's hope some guys with skills like Squire crack it and intro it, we might end up with a true DS scene
wink.gif

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yunarREDblue said:
sorry..
need help, how about SCDS1 SDHC.. i've got the damn screen too.
it says WORKING with SC DSone in page 1

..i've already disabled the patch
I don't have an SCDS1, but I would suggest latest firmware and no trim.
Ahhh... If it has a soft reset option, disable it as well. Remove anything that might end up patching the ROM.
If it does not work, Inform the mods to remove SCDS1 from the working list.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
For any carts, from the working list, I would suggest avoiding any settings that would alter the rom in any way, such as patching, trimming, etc.

Turn off/disable as many features as possible, in fact.
Trimming won't affect it so it's harmless. Any other form of patching should be avoided though.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
AndreXL said:
yunarREDblue said:
sorry..
need help, how about SCDS1 SDHC.. i've got the damn screen too.
it says WORKING with SC DSone in page 1

..i've already disabled the patch
I don't have an SCDS1, but I would suggest latest firmware and no trim.
Ahhh... If it has a soft reset option, disable it as well. Remove anything that might end up patching the ROM.
If it does not work, Inform the mods to remove SCDS1 from the working list.

I have played FFCC Rings of Fate yesterday, trimmed with Rominator by disabling patch on Supercard One SDHC. Now, I can not get it to work w/o patch enabled, 'data can not be loaded, turn off your game/DS' message appears on the upper screen.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have arm7 my rom (clean of any patch) with the rom of Assassin Creed DS (eur) and seems to work fine, 30 minutes without problem.

I'll report change.

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowXP said:
I think it's mainly protection aimed at R4/M3 Simply and other similar carts since they all run extremely similar firmware and have been broadcast in the media so much lately. Hell, it may even be able to detect whether the cart is running the R4 etc. firmware. Since it's working on other carts perfectly, there must be something only in the R4/M3 Simply etc. firmwares that the protection can pick up. If you find out what that is and either patch it or remove it, then maybe the screen won't show up.

It doesn't work on the EZV and some other cards, so it isn't something about it detecting a certain card's firmware.

DemonHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried it on my n-card (u disk ver. 1.45) and had to disable patching to get it to work. Still had the "thank you for playing" cat/bat hybrid telling me to shove off..... I will try to kill Montblanc in FFXII as a form of revenge if the moogle keeps popping up..

Edit: I also went to look at the N-card & dslinker websites .... dslinker have been notified, but I have no idea how to tell the ncard gits to find a bloody fix for this thing.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Killermech said:
thebobevil said:
For any carts, from the working list, I would suggest avoiding any settings that would alter the rom in any way, such as patching, trimming, etc.

Trimming won't affect it so it's harmless. Any other form of patching should be avoided though.

Weird.. doesn't trimming change the CRC?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gumbyscout said:
ShadowXP said:
I think it's mainly protection aimed at R4/M3 Simply and other similar carts since they all run extremely similar firmware and have been broadcast in the media so much lately. Hell, it may even be able to detect whether the cart is running the R4 etc. firmware. Since it's working on other carts perfectly, there must be something only in the R4/M3 Simply etc. firmwares that the protection can pick up. If you find out what that is and either patch it or remove it, then maybe the screen won't show up.

It doesn't work on the EZV and some other cards, so it isn't something about it detecting a certain card's firmware.

Some Korean hacker reported that it self-checks ... as in, it checks itself, not the hardware.

I have tried a half a dozen different cards ... numerous different firmwares ... ARM7 files from half a dozen different games ... and have had the exact same results :

At a random point, whilst going through a door, in a dungeon, the message appears.

I have sunk about 10 hours, or more, in total, into this, and have been keeping everyone updated.

I am now the God of the first two dungeons lol

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
Killermech said:
thebobevil said:

Weird.. doesn't trimming change the CRC?

That puzzled me for a second yesterday, but then I realised it would be checking the CRCs of the actual files in the rom which will be the same if the unused space on the cart is there or not.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Korean hacker thing?

From IRC ... it's a guy I vaguely know, who's insane and obsessed with problems like this one.

Totally OCD for this $#!t, seriously.

One another note, your praise is noted ... you may yet live.

tongue.gif

DemonHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks

I just hope the n-card gits get to it quick...I had a taste of this game and I really like the new mechanics. I wanna play more!!!!

By the way, anyone know what the correct save size is?

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
That puzzled me for a second yesterday, but then I realised it would be checking the CRCs of the actual files in the rom which will be the same if the unused space on the cart is there or not.

But could the space itself have it's own CRC, and if so, because it does have it's own CRC, does it cease to be space?

That's some deep shit for you to ponder, grasshopper
tongue.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DemonHunt said:
Thanks

I just hope the n-card gits get to it quick...I had a taste of this game and I really like the new mechanics. I wanna play more!!!!

By the way, anyone know what the correct save size is?

It is listed right at the beginning of the thread.....EEPROM 512kb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you