DS #2036: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (USA)

kwerdenker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i got one question for everyone who played all the ace attorney games:

whats the obsession of the game designers (or the translaters) with prosecutors from germany?

franziska von karma at least didn't talk like she only took one evening class english but this new one is somehow getting on my nerves with all his "Herr", "[...], ja?" and "Fraulein". seriously, who talks like that? right, american translators who think germany is build on beer, sausages and lederhosen...

it's sad.
frown.gif

kwerdenker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[...]american translators who think germany is build on beer, sausages and lederhosen...Oh, come on, like you never visited a Dorffest in some southern rural area in Germany. Actually, I thought Beerfest was quite funny...
smile.gif

actually i didn't. i live up in the north in a little town called "Berlin", you may have heard of it
wink.gif

yes, there are some places that celebrate "Oktoberfest" even here but it's not quite the same as in the southern parts of germany.

i watched beerfest and it is indeed a funny movie. i just asked me one question throughout the whole movie: do they actually think we are like this?

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Aahh now I really wish this game was released by another "Release Group"... damn.

Anyways great game.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
kwerdenker: That's probably because in the Japanese version of the game, those Prosecutors all come from the United States. But in the English version, the game takes place in the States and the 'other' country can't be the United Kingdom, since it would be kind of dull (they speak the same language after all). I'll admit it, it does look awkard, because J-Pop is riddled with English phrases and words, while the same couldn't be said for English (despite the fact that it has borrowed some words from German ...).

But then again, it doesn't bother me that much (probably because German isn't my native language and the same is true for English).

kwerdenker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kwerdenker: That's probably because in the Japanese version of the game, those Prosecutors all come from the United States. But in the English version, the game takes place in the States and the 'other' country can't be the United Kingdom, since it would be kind of dull (they speak the same language after all). I'll admit it, it does look awkard, because J-Pop is riddled with English phrases and words, while the same couldn't be said for English (despite the fact that it has borrowed some words from German ...).

But then again, it doesn't bother me that much (probably because German isn't my native language and the same is true for English).

thats a pretty good explanation, thanks for clearing that up!

i just wonder how they'll translate it for the european release... guess i'll have to give the german version a try when it's released.

@topic
i have the feeling this games is much easier than the previous ones. i'm halfway through the second case and up until now it's always pretty obvious what to do. it feels even more like an interactive story.
still enjoying it though.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm so glad this one came finally out in English.
I didn't check it out yet, can't comment about the gameplay,but I'd be perfectly happy if it would play and look just like the last special case on the first PW for the DS.
That was really a leap forward for the series.
Anyway I'm in the middle of the last case of PW3, and it seems I've already found what to play next !

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the beginning of the game.

How did Phoenix end up a piano playing card shark with a daughter?

ehrgeiz22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
t

edit: oops, I dunno why that happened lol, I was responding to the above comment and saying that it'll probably be clarified in a later case or even in a later game

Crysten

Trophies
XP
Country
Downloaded three different instances of the game several times and still have the same problem:

On a Cross Examination where the faster tempo music plays, after about 30 seconds when the music reaches a certain point the game freezes. I'm completely stumped on what the problem could be, unless I'm unlucky enough to have downloaded a corrupt file 4 times. If a dialogue is more than 30 seconds long then the game is unplayable...

I'm using an R4 with 1.16 firmware, anyone able to shed some light or have the same problem?
unsure.gif

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Downloaded three different instances of the game several times and still have the same problem:

On a Cross Examination where the faster tempo music plays, after about 30 seconds when the music reaches a certain point the game freezes. I'm completely stumped on what the problem could be, unless I'm unlucky enough to have downloaded a corrupt file 4 times. If a dialogue is more than 30 seconds long then the game is unplayable...

I'm using an R4 with 1.16 firmware, anyone able to shed some light or have the same problem?
unsure.gif
Maybe a fragmented SD Card?

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Op, I beat the game today. With no strategy guides or anything. Played everyday since release morning through school and after school till I slept till now.

shockingalberto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running in to a game freezing problem during the investigation of case 2.

Every time I try to do the finger printing part on the safe buttons, the game will freeze (the music will keep going, but the game will not accept any input or go in to sleep mode) and I can not finish it. I need to "reveal" the puzzle before it will let me continue, even if I've already figured it out, but the finger print dust won't finish. Can this be fixed? I really don't want to start over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...