DS #1835: MX vs ATV Untamed (USA)

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really can't wait to get this. Really waiting for the PS2. Anyone tried this out yet. Im on dialup right now...

only 9mb, yeesh, I can handle that, now if it works with the ds-x, I'll be in heaven

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's surprisingly a good game!
It's not slopped together either.
It's 3D and it looks good, as it is a DS game.

Definately try it out fellas!
yaynds.gif

(P.S. It doesn't need ARM7 Fix)

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blast you, game!

Coming out when I have a video to edit and a Guildenstern and Rosencrantz are Dead to read!

I shall acquire you later.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The graphics really disappointed me after seeing the screens. Overall however, I think it's a pretty solid game.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
wow
I love you JPH buddy, but I think this game sucks.

maybe it's coz I've been craving a rally game for the DS ever since it launched, but I hate crappy racers like this
I hate it's stupid canned physics, you get no sense of control, your vehicle only has one real point of collision on the bottom so you're always rocking unrealistically
and if you jump your atv and turn say, slightly over 30 degrees you'll crash when you land.
It'd be alright if it looked cool, like your atv flipped and rolled away accordingly and your driver was flung off, but no he just pops off and the atv slides away.
plus it looks like every stage is in a stadium, so the track isn't interesting, no real sense of speed since you never zip by any trees or anything.

why is there still no real rally game for ds!?
frown.gif

edit-
oh and I think the graphics are pretty bad, come on, nine pixels of the track is the same size as the atv? that's terrible.
the tracks have a pretty good polycount, but the textures are so low res you won't care.
the vehicle/driver models look alright, but due to canned anims and physics, you won't care either

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
wow
I love you JPH buddy, but I think this game sucks.

maybe it's coz I've been craving a rally game for the DS ever since it launched, but I hate crappy racers like this
I hate it's stupid canned physics, you get no sense of control, your vehicle only has one real point of collision on the bottom so you're always rocking unrealistically
and if you jump your atv and turn say, slightly over 30 degrees you'll crash when you land.
It'd be alright if it looked cool, like your atv flipped and rolled away accordingly and your driver was flung off, but no he just pops off and the atv slides away.
plus it looks like every stage is in a stadium, so the track isn't interesting, no real sense of speed since you never zip by any trees or anything.

why is there still no real rally game for ds!?
frown.gif

edit-
oh and I think the graphics are pretty bad, come on, nine pixels of the track is the same size as the atv? that's terrible.
the tracks have a pretty good polycount, but the textures are so low res you won't care.
the models look alright, but due to canned anims and physics, you won't care either

This game is great for me - as I've always been a fan of the series (especially the PSP ATV game).
The controls work fine. Stopping and turning isn't hard or anything - the controls work smoothly.

Crashing is supposed to look cool? lol

MX vs ATV FTW
smile.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
the controls work fine, but that's because they're impossibly easy, a good rule of thumb is if you never have to take your thumb off the accelerator button- you're playing a sub-par racing game
and so far I haven't

and crashing doesn't have to look cool, just realistic so it helps give you a sense of control, so you know when you're turning a little too sharp and on the verge of crashing.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ds-x
intro loads fine, red screen pops up and says it cannot write data...

will try arm7 fix tomorrow to see if it fixes the problem(on a mac, so have to use different computer)

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
ds-x
intro loads fine, red screen pops up and says it cannot write data...

will try arm7 fix tomorrow to see if it fixes the problem(on a mac, so have to use different computer)
If you cannot write data, the arm7 fix will make it work fo sho. I may try it too.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
arm7 fixed made it playable on the ds-x for sure. Played it for a few minutes, could be fun. Eating toast is much better at this time of the morning. Still wanna grab it from rental house on friday for the PS2 for some real fun.
But really, doesn't seem too bad yet...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's okay, if not a little simplistic. Are there any other control things going on aside from holding the A-button?
unsure.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there has certainly been worse racing games lately. The tracks are kinda boring, theres no challenge and a lack of online is just stupid nowadays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night