DS #1585: Kyouryuu Ikusei Battle RPG: Kyouryuu (J)

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh no, one more of these crappy dinosaur games
cry.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres actually one from Sega out soon that looks good, looks like Pokemon with Dinos.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Got this one quickly to see how it is. Astonishingly this is different from the former. One thing in advance there's no rock/scissor/paper in it by default. It's comparable to the "Dino champ" ( or how it has been named, forgot it ) in game mechanics. Hence if you know that game Japanese should not drive you away. Notable changes to the system is the combo system. You can equip 3 moves from a list ( which is I guess where later on the rock/scissor/paper could stem from, who knows ). While attacking you pick one of them. But you do not simply execute this one. You are given a shape on your touch screen during the attack. Hit the numbers with your stylus in the shown sequence powers up the attack up to three times. If you manage to do it three times the second attack is launched right after and the shape stuff comes again. You can chain three attacks like this for very high attack power. Besides this you can have single dinos or packs of them. Hence some attack only in packs while others work alone. I don't think you can influence if they pack or not but it's a difference.

Still you can save only at given points which is annoying. Otherwise if you liked the former version this one should appeal to you. If the former has not been on your lines you might be not that interested in this one too. After all it's not bad but I think you find better games out there right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD