DS #1501: Thrillville: Off The Rails (USA)

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far this game is MIA, however I have heard that it is really 1Gb in size and not 256Mb. So, maybe it will start to turn up soon? Hopefully.

It's out, and can confirm it is 1Gb.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a lot better than Theme Park mainly because it isnt a port of a 13 year old game.
So according to you something like Spectrobes is a lot better than Zelda - A Link to the Past GBA because that is a port of a old game?

This game seems ok, nothing like Theme Park really. You just walk around a park and occasionally see a empty plot, you build a ride. Some rides you can ride and not much happens, other stuff like game stalls you play mini games on which are really really easy. Think this one is aimed at children.

Pretty boring.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
not really happy with this, but wasn't expecting much anyway. the controls are very delayed and not very precise. the track editor for coasters, either i don't understand, and doesn't seam to have as much design options as any other version (including PSP one). also riding rides (coasters included) are all done from a static camera in that isometric view. the mini game stalls (i played basketball) was kinda fun using the stylus control. very mediocre release, 5/10... i'd still rather play theme park ds... but i won't as i'm too busy with zelda and race driver still.

soupy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed on the touchscreen, the controls are in need of a tune-up. Touch the screen in two different places too quickly and the system seems to repeat and execute the previous touch coordinate the second time as if you had not moved the stylus.

Mini-games work pretty well. The headquarters room is VERY difficult to select items in, and some game objects don't respond at all unless you hit precisely the right spot.

Best example I've found: try to play the "Entertainer" staff training game without setting off the wrong lights..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT