DS #1241: Touch! Bomberman Land: Star Bomber no Miracle * World (J

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I've not really enjoyed Bomberman on the DS so far, I just don't like the battle engine when compared to Tournement on GBA and the PC Engine/SNES games.

Any differences with the battle engine on this?

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Biggest difference I've found in battle mode so far is that you can elect to play smaller rooms instead of larger ones--this is particularly nice in single player, as I'd rather not be forced into large 8-player deals every time. And there's some spiked bomb that explodes blue instead of red...I assume this is a bomb that can't be kicked by enemies? Not sure yet, I might've totally missed this item in other games. Otherwise, the mechanics seem pretty similar...not sure if I'll be logging online anytime soon with it, so I dunno what's changed online, but the tweaks so far seem pretty good.

Actually, my favorite tweak is verrry subtle. You know how in the first BLand Touch, you had to pull out the stylus to start the game? This time, hit the start button in the opening menus a few times and it dumps you right into multiplayer mode. Go on, give it a shot.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
there's some spiked bomb that explodes blue instead of red...I assume this is a bomb that can't be kicked by enemies? Not sure yet, I might've totally missed this item in other games.
If it's the same as in Bomberman Hardball for the PS2, it's the "penetrator bomb" (teehee) which isn't stopped by the destructable blocks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope the Wifi will be lagless when playing with people at the other side of the world.
it was unplayable on the first one, even the game menu were laggy.

TheMute

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
z6.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
WiFi is awesome, and works like a charm. My first couple of matches with the Japanese had no lag. I was so happy. I think this is due to there's no CPU players online and only up to 4 human players. So the game measures your skill mostly. The stage you play is picked randomly and is only on the bottom screen. There is only one round. So please pick retry after! Friend codes is a given, but not required. There's a country and worldwide search. Friends on WiFi kinda works like Friends on Clubhouse Games where someone starts a friend room and other people join. I'm guessing up to 4 people, but I never tried and probably won't unless a bunch of Nsiders get it, so you never know!

The ranking system is quite interesting. You start off with 100,000 "points" and every time you play online in a match your score goes up a couple hundred or so points, even if you lose! What adds some competitiveness is that there is a leader board to check your own rank (in points) and the top 8 in the world.

If you wanna play, IM me at ManlyChik867.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1