DS #1092: Yukkuri Tanoshimu Otona no Jigsaw Puzzle DS: Sekai no Meiga

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Full Name : Yukkuri Tanoshimu Otona no Jigsaw Puzzle DS: Sekai no Meiga 2: Inshou-ha, Kouki Inshou-ha no Kyoshou
May I give it the longest DS game name award ?
rofl2.gif

Or even longest all platform game name ?

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh. It's a jigsaw puzzle game. That was pretty stupid of me.

While the thought of being able to do a portable jigsaw puzzle isn't really appealing to me, I can think of a lot of older people that I know that might be interested in this sort of thing if they had a DS.

I love watching Nintendo branch out to expand their audience. In my mind wider audience = higher sales = more attention by developers = overall better games.

appleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried out this game. It's your standard jigsaw puzzle game, with the following menu options on startup:

Jigsaw Puzzle -> choose from 100 different pictures
Challenge Mode -> seems to choose a puzzle at random and give you a ranking based on time
Gallery -> view the pictures that you completed in Jigsaw Puzzle mode, with background/year/artist information
Options -> to turn off the gay annoying music, and some other option which i didn't bother to figure out.

The actual game itself is not very interesting. You hold the stylus sideways and you move around pieces (you don't have to rotate them), and if placed correctly it 'snaps' in and you can't move it again. Like most crappy computer jigsaw games, you can take a random piece and if you correctly place it in the middle even with no adjoining pieces to hint that it should be there, it'll snap in anyway.

The game isn't that great, the options appear minimal and bare, and i doubt there is much to be excited in unlockable content beyond the 100 puzzles you begin with. For good time-wasting puzzlers i'd recommend Picross or PikiPiku over this.

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually these are the best jigsaw puzzles by far and here's why.
1092: Yukkuri Tanoshimu Otona no Jigsaw Puzzle DS: Sekai no Meiga 2
1092: Yukkuri Tanoshimu Otona no Jigsaw Puzzle DS: Sekai no Meiga 1

• It has 30, 56, or 99 pieces you choose.
• You don't hold it sideways always it depends on which painting your doing.
• Rotating pieces is an option so you could have them rotate if you wish.
• All the ones below have strictly the regular jigsaw puzzle pieces except the Oden-Kun 2 one.
• This one you can choose regular pieces, star shaped, wavy shaped, or square shaped pieces. Square is actually pretty hard, try it if you don't believe me.
• Once you solve a painting you can go to the Gallery and see a description of the painting telling you which musuem it's presently located and other facts. Also it has a quick synopsis of the artist life.

0364 - Puzzle Series Volume 1 - Jigsaw Puzzle
pretty decent as it has a wide variety and I'd say this is the 2nd best behind the two.
If you hold L and R you can move out the pieces to the edge or the center.

The for kids these are decent ones.
0534 - Puzzle Series - Jigsaw Puzzle - Koinu Mekuri Hen
for those who like tons of puppies and dogs one
0535 - Puzzle Series - Jigsaw Puzzle - Koneko Mekuri Hen
kittens and cats

0968 - Puzzle Series - Jigsaw Puzzle Oden-Kun 2
this one is ok but really for the 5 to 8 year old crowd.

I should mention all of these jigsaw puzzles have the option to show ONLY EDGE pieces which you really should do to eliminate the clutter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig