DS #0836: Diddy Kong Racing DS (USA)

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol it took me like 15 mins to read this whole thread, i want that 15 mins of my life back and a patch for EZ4, that is all.

Also has anyone tested this on the hack GBAMP?
i tried EZ2 (got desperate) and not working, even as a single rom with a GBAheader.Still get the cart insert message.

ToGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works on M3 Simply/R4 DS.
It doesn't work on any Supercard except Supercard DS.
It doesn't work on EZFLASH.
It works on DS-X if the rom is untrimmed.
It works on M3 Lite when patched in Safe Mode and untrimmed.
It doesn't work on DSLink.
It doesn't work on WifiMe.

It works also on DS-X if the rom is trimmed

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
It works on M3 Simply/R4 DS.
It doesn't work on any Supercard except Supercard DS.
It doesn't work on EZFLASH.
It works on DS-X if the rom is untrimmed.
It works on M3 Lite when patched in Safe Mode and untrimmed.
It doesn't work on DSLink.
It doesn't work on WifiMe.

I mean, it works here fine on my M3 Lite with:
- Read Methode - DMA: 4X
- Trim: Yes
- Software Reset: No

Using Sandisk Ultra 1Gb and Sandisk 512Mb.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^*crushs Opiums skull*.
cry.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also don't like the touch-screen stuff, or the new Taj voice.

Anyone have any idea what the little coins with the up arrow on them do?Â

Also, the balloons that were just sitting out in the open have been removed from this version.

I also hate that this game REQUIRES you to draw your own icon, because my art skills are lacking.
The arrow coin like things that stay at the left bottom of your screen when you touch them are power ups power uppers, if you pick up a red balloon for example and an arrow coin and then press X you get an alternative rocket powerup in which 3 rockets will fly around your vehicle.
smile.gif
Also other colored
balloons give other weird stuff.
smile.gif

Also the balloons in the open have been replaced by other stuff I think.

In the Ice Area there's a frozen iceblock balloon for example, to get it read the next spoiler...

...you can use the touchscreen to lead it down the rocks into the river and then obtain it at the beach area.

Barra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When the USA get this game, we will all be really good and have practice so we can hammer them all on Wi-Fi for like the first week then they learn the shortcuts.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seems like more and more are playing it online the last days...

Does Nintendo even realise people are playing a game on Wi-Fi Centre that hasn't even been released yet? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's still a whole week before this hits America, right?

I think online and print magazines get games earlier --> they can play online too.
But I don't think Nintendo doesn't know that rom players play online too, but we don't know why they don't do anything against that. Either they don't want to block DS' or they don't have the possibility to do that ...

indiraider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heres my review after booting up DKR DS and playing one single player racing game and 5 minutes of the store adventure----

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

I have officially lost all respect for rare as a publisher, here is a time line of my respect --goes from high to higher to low to the biggest fucking POS company ever

Battletoads-----Donkey Kong-------Donkey Kong 64 (DK rap anyone?) and Starfox adventures (its STARFOX not ZELDA and a crappy one at that)---To M$ Grabbed by Ghollies to Perfect Dark 0.

This game sucks, I wasnt expecting much from Rare after their past few games but it is so crappy I need to post how I feel. I feel cheated for the calories and power I and my computer used to download this game. All it is is a cheap rip-off of Mario card DS with worse graphics crappier weapons and stupid characters DK isnt unlocked at the beginning WTF!??? I think Rare was doomed from the beggining because Mario Cart did the same game brilliantly a full year ago. Why did Rare choose the racing genra at all for their first Nintendo deput in 2-3 years (im not sure)?? Why couldnt they have done a kick ass new 2d/3d Donkey Kong game ala NSMB?? If they wanted to add touchscreen functionality (which this game doesnt use at all from what I saw) they could have a cutscenes where DK is swinging (in the 2d game I was talking about) and you have to have a beat ala elite beat agents. But no this game is ass, also I hate that gay horn sound the character makes when you press the L button, what is that for? Is your opponent supposed to get out of the way? LOL I would rather eat Buffalo shit while being peed on than play this game!

One WORD---SUCKS don t even wother DLing it!

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
All it is is a cheap rip-off of Mario card DS with worse graphics crappier weapons

and stupid characters DK isnt unlocked at the beginning WTF!???

If they wanted to add touchscreen functionality (which this game doesnt use at all from what I saw)

they could have a cutscenes where DK is swinging (in the 2d game I was talking about) and you have to have a beat ala elite beat agents.

But no this game is ass, also I hate that gay horn sound the character makes when you press the L button, what is that for?

LOL I would rather eat Buffalo shit while being peed on than play this game!
No it's not, it's just also a karting game, just like mario kart.

DK in Donkey Kong? Well it's Diddy Kong racing, you won't see Donkey Kong in it...

You need to use the touch screen to get a speed boost at the beginning of a race, maybe should play it more then 5 minutes to make a review

But of course...
wtf.gif

Well, you can solve this problem by NOT CLICKING THE FUCKIN L BUTTON when you have no items?
unsure.gif

You sir, have watched to much Angry Nintendo Nerd video's

Also if you were really a Rare fan... you would have known that there's also a Diddy Kong 64 of which this is a remake of...

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^ Perhaps someone needs to take a chill pill
wtf.gif
^^

First off, Rare is not a publisher, they're a developer. Secondly, if you'd bothered to play past 5 minutes, or even open your eyes while it was on, you would have noticed that it does indeed support the touch screen - boost starts and golden balloon challenge for example.

Also, you do know that it is a port of the original N64 version, don't you? You speak as though it's a ripoff of Mario Kart DS, when it was based on MK64. IMO, it's a much deeper game than MK, and while the merits of the weapons and characters in each can be argued, DKR offers a much better single player/online mode than MKDS. DKR was hailed as one of the best Mario Kart-ish games and one of the best on the N64, and it was well suited to the DS.

Lastly, they ARE owned by MS. Nintendo has to give them permission to make a "kick ass new 2d/3d Donkey Kong game ala NSMB", they can't just decide to make one on their own.

By all means, eat your buffalo shit and get peed on, I hear some people are into that sort of thing
wink.gif
Meanwhile, I'll be playing DKR
yaynds.gif

Barra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No touch screen functionality?

Magic Carpet Rides
The random puzzles that can be found when free-roaming
The logo-creator

Try playing for about 2 days then you can review and get your facts right

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
on the n64 there were two options for drifting, the normal one (equals r-button on ds) and an advanced drifting for much sharper turns. is this not implented in the ds version?

mars

edit: pressing b+r

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Heres my review after booting up DKR DS and playing one single player racing game and 5 minutes of the store adventure----

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

I have officially lost all respect for rare as a publisher, here is a time line of my respect --goes from high to higher to low to the biggest fucking POS company ever

Battletoads-----Donkey Kong-------Donkey Kong 64 (DK rap anyone?) and Starfox adventures (its STARFOX not ZELDA and a crappy one at that)---To M$ Grabbed by Ghollies to Perfect Dark 0.

This game sucks, I wasnt expecting much from Rare after their past few games but it is so crappy I need to post how I feel. I feel cheated for the calories and power I and my computer used to download this game. All it is is a cheap rip-off of Mario card DS with worse graphics crappier weapons and stupid characters DK isnt unlocked at the beginning WTF!??? I think Rare was doomed from the beggining because Mario Cart did the same game brilliantly a full year ago. Why did Rare choose the racing genra at all for their first Nintendo deput in 2-3 years (im not sure)?? Why couldnt they have done a kick ass new 2d/3d Donkey Kong game ala NSMB?? If they wanted to add touchscreen functionality (which this game doesnt use at all from what I saw) they could have a cutscenes where DK is swinging (in the 2d game I was talking about) and you have to have a beat ala elite beat agents. But no this game is ass, also I hate that gay horn sound the character makes when you press the L button, what is that for? Is your opponent supposed to get out of the way? LOL I would rather eat Buffalo shit while being peed on than play this game!

One WORD---SUCKS don t even wother DLing it!

This game is not by Rare :| ...

EDIT : IGN say it is
huh.gif
Then why did they took off Banjo and all the Rare licensed characters ? I thought Nintendo did that game on their own ?

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game is not by Rare :| ...

EDIT : IGN say it isÂ
huh.gif
Then why did they took off Banjo and all the Rare licensed characters ? I thought Nintendo did that game on their own ?

This game IS by Rare, they removed Banjo and Conker (all the others are still in it) because they have appeared / will appear in exclusive franchises for MS hardware, and I'd say MS has stopped them from using those two characters on competing consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda cool, but what a mess it would be. And I would weight 500 pounds with all my screw ups...