DS #0221: Burnout Legends (U)

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it too much to expect it to be better than the PSP version?

rofl2.gif
Nice one! I own both systems and each one has their benefits but expecting this to be better than the PSP version is a bit laughable.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The graphics on this game are good, its just too unrealistic. When u hit a car or knock one off the road it doesn't feel like thats what your doing. If I didn't know better I would say this is a beta and to wait for the finished version.

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt this the 8th Burnout game released this year? ...how many are needed? ...how many more can they push out, in what's left of 2005
tongue.gif

Wolverine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know of at least one person who was involved with this games development is unhappy with how the DS version turned out.(don't know him personally but he's a member of a retro games forum I also go to)

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks Harsky!
It does seem that every time I turn around, there is a new version of burnout being released - how much money will they attempt to squeeze from us on this tired format (atleast it's not another NFS release... or is it?)

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh... I was expecting something better but the game isn't that bad, the transition to the DS was a lot better than some other multi-platform titles (especially racing games). Collision is the main issue... take downs doing slams are dam hard to do but shunting from behind is pretty easy. Control wise the standard controls suck, I use Type B (the shoulder buttons to accelerate and brake, with A to boost) as with the console versions... makes drifting and boosting a lot easier IMO. I wish there was more traffic in the game, not too bad in single player when it's hard to see oncoming traffic anyway but it totally ruins crash mode only having half a dozen vehicles crash into you if that lol.
No where near as good as the console versions but still fun to waste a few hours with.
happy.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I agree Darkforce. This game isn't too bad. The graphics are definately a saving grace. The controls and collision are a bit dodgy, but it is indeed playable. This game is a good diversion for a few hours, I wouldn't buy it but I would play it.

axis2k5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what really sucks about this game is it really lets down in the one area that a dev team wouldn't really have particular limitations in; the controls.
The game looks pretty awesome, the speed rocks, but the one thing that made this game so cool on other consoles is missing... that is responsive, intuitive control of your vehicle... There's severe lag between you hitting the d-pad, and the car responding.
c'est la vie; I have the PSP and PS2 versions anyway...

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
is it just me or did Ign really judge the graphics badly?
I think it doesnt look half bad, the motion blurring is a good accomplishment, hopefully will be in every racing game

decript

A melon a day, keeps t3h monkey away
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you look at the videos there, I think this game might be somewhat fun, but very crappy. I mean the cars can go through everything once they have been taken down and really bad crashes. I was able to notice many flaws just from watching a video or two. Still might give it a try...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay