GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my EZ Flash IV (GBA size) in the mail yesterday. I formatted my SD, put the latest loader firmware on there, threw on some games, and tested it out. It updated the firmware fine, but then when it loaded up, it gave me a message regarding the battery. I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was something about a dry battery. Do the carts have batteries in them? If so, do I need to change it, and what kind of battery would it require?

Everything seemed to work fine, and I was able to test a couple of games successfully. However, this cart is a gift for someone, and if it's going to give out soon for some reason, I want to make sure I take care of that first.

Thanks

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty. Thanks, guys.

Let me ask you this, if I leave it in my DS turned on, can I keep it in sleep mode, or does it need to be in play mode so as to suck up juice from the outlet? Also, do I need to be using the card during the charging process, or can I be playing a DS game from my slot-1 card?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...that won't burn out the pixels having it just sit there turned on all night?
unsure.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
Hmm...that won't burn out the pixels having it just sit there turned on all night?
unsure.gif

Hmmm I don't think so, no.

I've been owning EZIVs for a long while now and they're good carts, except for that issue. They run out of batteries relatively often. So what I always did is, after I saved a game and turned off the handheld, I'd immediately restart it for the memory to get saved in the SD, then I'd defly turn it off.

Posts merged

QUOTE(irpacynot @ Jul 16 2009, 04:20 AM) Hmm...that won't burn out the pixels having it just sit there turned on all night?
unsure.gif

I've been owning EZIVs for a long while now and they're good carts, except for that issue. They run out of batteries relatively often. So what I always did is, after I saved a game and turned off the handheld, I'd immediately restart it for the memory to get saved in the SD, then I'd defly turn it off.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maktub said:
irpacynot said:
unsure.gif

Yeah, that's confusing. I don't really get why it needs a battery in the first place. So, what you're saying is it doesn't copy the save to the SD until you've reloaded the cart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.