• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a flatmii 125 and it kicks ass. im sure you can find a list of shit that it does, so ill tell you the things i found out after i put it in my wii. keep in mind that im not complaining at all, i love the thing. these are just things that nobody else seems to tell you...

there is a bug in 125 that the wii red light doesn't come on when the console is off. its the same as normally getting the red light, just with no LED

the wii will NOT turn on if the flatmii software is running on the PC. you have to start the software after the console boots

the autoboot part of flatmii is not like autoboot on other modchips. all it does is load a iso and boot it once the system menu is running, so it wont help in unbricking in any way

it is a really tight fit if you leave the regular drive in the wii. you must take care when cramming everything back together.

the speed is an extremely constant 2.8MB/s (using cIOS222). I have clocked the speed and it holds at that exact speed for over 20 mins straight. this is more than fast enough to play any game. but using it to install games to a WBFS drive takes much longer than using a windows based WBFS manager.

besides the flatmii.exe and drivers, all the rest of their software is really outdated. they have several programs that were cool when they were written, but now they are really useless so don't even bother with them (browse for ISO that are on your PC by using their channel/dol installed on the wii)

the main reason i like this over a drive chip is that when i am making a guitar hero custom game i like to check out stuff every little step i do. flatmii lets you check out an ISO the instant you build it. no need to spend time putting it on a hdd or burn a dvd to test stuff. also when you acquire a new game, you can play it instantly. i wouldn't trade this for achip/drivekey at all.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
OP
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
i have a flatmii 125 and it kicks ass. im sure you can find a list of shit that it does, so ill tell you the things i found out after i put it in my wii. keep in mind that im not complaining at all, i love the thing. these are just things that nobody else seems to tell you...

there is a bug in 125 that the wii red light doesn't come on when the console is off. its the same as normally getting the red light, just with no LED

the wii will NOT turn on if the flatmii software is running on the PC. you have to start the software after the console boots

the autoboot part of flatmii is not like autoboot on other modchips. all it does is load a iso and boot it once the system menu is running, so it wont help in unbricking in any way

it is a really tight fit if you leave the regular drive in the wii. you must take care when cramming everything back together.

the speed is an extremely constant 2.8MB/s (using cIOS222). I have clocked the speed and it holds at that exact speed for over 20 mins straight. this is more than fast enough to play any game. but using it to install games to a WBFS drive takes much longer than using a windows based WBFS manager.

besides the flatmii.exe and drivers, all the rest of their software is really outdated. they have several programs that were cool when they were written, but now they are really useless so don't even bother with them (browse for ISO that are on your PC by using their channel/dol installed on the wii)

the main reason i like this over a drive chip is that when i am making a guitar hero custom game i like to check out stuff every little step i do. flatmii lets you check out an ISO the instant you build it. no need to spend time putting it on a hdd or burn a dvd to test stuff. also when you acquire a new game, you can play it instantly. i wouldn't trade this for achip/drivekey at all.

how tight?

thanks for the informative post!

this lean things to flatmii

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how tight? will it "fits" ok. it ends up being squeezed under the dvd drive, so it actually raises the dvd drive up about 1 or 2 mm. this doesn't affect the drive's performance at all, and games insert/eject fine. just make sure you insulate both the upper and lower of the mainboard, and jiggle it to the "right" place as you get ready to screw the drive back down.

Davess

OP
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sir-Fritz said:
davess said:
cracker said:
Just use a softmod if you can't afford a hardmod... Only expense is the DVD blanks.. 20 bucks for 100.. Not bad...

i have but I always screw with my wii settings
Fixed

no..

for some reason every guide i follow takes my wii settings away.

plus downgraded to 3.2u bricked, restored nand to 4.1u then updated to 4.2]

something in there didn't work with wii settings

Posts merged

QUOTE(giantpune @ Oct 31 2009, 06:15 AM)
how tight? will it "fits" ok. it ends up being squeezed under the dvd drive, so it actually raises the dvd drive up about 1 or 2 mm. this doesn't affect the drive's performance at all, and games insert/eject fine. just make sure you insulate both the upper and lower of the mainboard, and jiggle it to the "right" place as you get ready to screw the drive back down.

why insulate bottom?

who cares one again thanks this leans me too Flatmii

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because it is a circuit board with metal solder points and it is sandwiched between 2 metal plates. if you don't insulate, it will short circuit and you could either end up with a wii that plays blu-ray and shit or one that don't do shit. odds are youll get the one that don't do shit.

Davess

OP
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
because it is a circuit board with metal solder points and it is sandwiched between 2 metal plates. if you don't insulate, it will short circuit and you could either end up with a wii that plays blu-ray and shit or one that don't do shit. odds are youll get the one that don't do shit.
lol thanks

the cord from the usb part that sticks out of wii is that a mini usb sized|?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is a 3way deal. there is 1 full size dummy USB conector (usb a-type) that just serves to let you mount the piece in one of your wii usb ports. then there is a thin ribbon coming off the side of it which feeds into the wii through a joint in the case and connects to the flatmii. then opposite the dummy connector is a smaller usb connector(usb mini-b type) that you connect to your PC. it does not come with the cable to connect it to your PC, but the usb mini-b is a popular type and a cable from a mp3 player or camera should work.

picture41.jpg

Davess

OP
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
it is a 3way deal. there is 1 full size dummy USB conector (usb a-type) that just serves to let you mount the piece in one of your wii usb ports. then there is a thin ribbon coming off the side of it which feeds into the wii through a joint in the case and connects to the flatmii. then opposite the dummy connector is a smaller usb connector(usb mini-b type) that you connect to your PC. it does not come with the cable to connect it to your PC, but the usb mini-b is a popular type and a cable from a mp3 player or camera should work.

picture41.jpg

Thanks you've made my (morning?) day!

thanks Giantpune!

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
ahh that must be how 2 of my wiidisc drives crapped out , i was wondering why ...since i black taped evrything in the wii that may come in contact and followed the video (taped all the extras),
then also used the pad that came with the flatmii for insulation.

i musta screw'd the drive down too hard...crap, im such a rigpig..evrything i do i try too hard.
ohh d a m n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker