Dreamcast GDI Help Needed

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
I downloaded the preview demo of Sonic Adventure 2 to burn on a disc, but sadly it was dumped as a GDI. So I extracted all the data, which came out to 355mb or so, but no matter how many different ways I repack it, I cannot get it to run as CDI. I don't need to downsample anything, so can someone link me to some tutorials or give me some advice?
I appreciate it!

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I only know most images where CDI format. CDI was from Disc Juggler. discjuggler worked mainly only good with SCSI CD Writers back then. IDE Writers had some trouble.
There was a tool cdi2nero that wrote the image to a nero burning rom compatible.
Also some images did not came with the autoload patch, you either needed a boot disc or patch the image yourself.
Basicly all Dreamcasts back then did load all thouse backups without hardware modification.

I think you will find a lot information when u use google and search for selfboot.

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, GDIs (or gigabyte disc images) and can not be selfbooted or burned to a disc (due to being over the 799mb limit of a CD). To convert it (correct me if I'm wrong), you basically extract all the data and repack it as a CDI for burning. After repacking, you can then make it to selfboot. Repacking is where my problem is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-