Dreamcast GDI Help Needed

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Wellington2k, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    Hello!
    I downloaded the preview demo of Sonic Adventure 2 to burn on a disc, but sadly it was dumped as a GDI. So I extracted all the data, which came out to 355mb or so, but no matter how many different ways I repack it, I cannot get it to run as CDI. I don't need to downsample anything, so can someone link me to some tutorials or give me some advice?
    I appreciate it!

2. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Is there any better forum to post this question in?

3. DSAndi

DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I only know most images where CDI format. CDI was from Disc Juggler. discjuggler worked mainly only good with SCSI CD Writers back then. IDE Writers had some trouble.
    There was a tool cdi2nero that wrote the image to a nero burning rom compatible.
    Also some images did not came with the autoload patch, you either needed a boot disc or patch the image yourself.
    Basicly all Dreamcasts back then did load all thouse backups without hardware modification.

I think you will find a lot information when u use google and search for selfboot.

4. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Basically, GDIs (or gigabyte disc images) and can not be selfbooted or burned to a disc (due to being over the 799mb limit of a CD). To convert it (correct me if I'm wrong), you basically extract all the data and repack it as a CDI for burning. After repacking, you can then make it to selfboot. Repacking is where my problem is.