syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought it this morning and I have to say it is pretty fun, but it's very challenging. You have to pay attention to bullets flying at you on the top screen while using sonar to locate enemies on the bottom screen to make them visible. At first it might seem impossible to do both, but once you get the hang of it it's not as hard. There are 100 challenges to complete and certain challenges will unlock different stages. I've only completed four stages so far, but I'm very satisfied with my purchase of Dream Trigger 3D

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I got it today too and really like it. I've found it challenging as well, but after playing for a while I managed to get past the first level and get decent at it.
tongue.gif
I'd recommend it.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's the 3D effect? The visuals look very unique and trippy, so I was hoping that 3D would add a lot to the experience.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
How's the 3D effect? The visuals look very unique and trippy, so I was hoping that 3D would add a lot to the experience.
IMO, the 3D effect in Dream Trigger is by far better than any of the other 3DS games thus far.

phillipsteak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
dsfanatic5 said:
IMO, the 3D effect in Dream Trigger is by far better than any of the other 3DS games thus far.

Yeah most definitely the best 3D visuals so far. It's a perfect integration of the 3D. The game is challenging; however, I found that never taking you eyes off of the top screen helps a ton. The one negative thing so far is the left handed implementation. I'm left handed and I tried the face button controls, but they just didn't work. I've resorted to just using my right thumb and analog nub.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Sounds like a schmup. Is it? And is it Touhou-hard?
biggrin.gif
Yes it is, but it's not as crazy as other bullet hell styled games. The challenge is learning how to use the sonar on the touch screen without taking your eyes off of the 3D screen. Once you're able to do that the game isn't as hard, but still poses a good challenge. I've only completed 9 stages so far, but it seems to step up in difficulty the further you advance.

Edit: If i had to compare it to any game, it's very similar to Big Bang Mini.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, I'm jealous now. Hopefully it comes to Europe.

Is it region locked?

Edit: Oh, nice. It's supposed to get released on 1. of July in Europe
smile.gif

tombot

Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
Just picked this game up tonight. Here are my thoughts.

Going through the tutorial, I was a bit lost. It was a very short and to-the-point affair, and after failing HARD at the first level I ran back to the tutorial again to see if I can understand it better. So after brushing up on that I went back in. Failed again in less than a minute. I thought maybe there was something I just wasn't getting. About 10 rounds of trying later, I finally felt a groove and things started to fall in place. A couple levels later, and I was hooked.

The game runs by dropping Pings, or little bomb-like blocks on the bottom screen to make enemies appear on the top screen (so you can then shoot them). Just because the enemies aren't visible on the top screen doesn't mean they aren't THERE though. They'll still kick your ass with strings of bullets. You'll have to uncover them by using the Sonar Pings.

Be aware though than Pings don't detonate right when you place them. There is a delay. So anticipating where enemy ships (or eh...enemy...floating...shape...things...)will go is going to be part of your strategy.

The music is very cool, and you can tell just by booting the game up that the developer knows how to use the 3D effect. Items you grab in-game float from the bottom screen to the top, and it's a cool game mechanic that only works in 3D. Yep. Turns out 3D isn't entirely useless.

All in all, Dream Trigger 3D is a solid game. But what makes it really stand out for me is it's originality. It's not a remake, sequel, knockoff, ect...so it's a rarity as far as the 3DS is concerned. I can see a lot of people getting down right frustrated with the game, because it is HARD. Not for a casual Angry Birds player. It's bullethell, plain and simple. Well...not "simple".

EDIT: After playing longer, it gets easier to handle. I still think it's a great game, even though the reviews coming in suggest otherwise.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tombot said:

Going through the tutorial, I was a bit lost. It was a very short and to-the-point affair, and after failing HARD at the first level I ran back to the tutorial again to see if I can understand it better. So after brushing up on that I went back in. Failed again in less than a minute. I thought maybe there was something I just wasn't getting. About 10 rounds of trying later, I finally felt a groove and things started to fall in place. A couple levels later, and I was hooked.

The game runs by dropping Pings, or little bomb-like blocks on the bottom screen to make enemies appear on the top screen (so you can then shoot them). Just because the enemies aren't visible on the top screen doesn't mean they aren't THERE though. They'll still kick your ass with strings of bullets. You'll have to uncover them by using the Sonar Pings.

Be aware though than Pings don't detonate right when you place them. There is a delay. So anticipating where enemy ships (or eh...enemy...floating...shape...things...)will go is going to be part of your strategy.

The music is very cool, and you can tell just by booting the game up that the developer knows how to use the 3D effect. Items you grab in-game float from the bottom screen to the top, and it's a cool game mechanic that only works in 3D. Yep. Turns out 3D isn't entirely useless.

All in all, Dream Trigger 3D is a solid game. But what makes it really stand out for me is it's originality. It's not a remake, sequel, knockoff, ect...so it's a rarity as far as the 3DS is concerned. I can see a lot of people getting down right frustrated with the game, because it is HARD. Not for a casual Angry Birds player. It's bullethell, plain and simple. Well...not "simple".
Cool, mind doing a video?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tombot said:

I got only one thing to say, and it's that Dream Trigger is no Bullet hell. You're invulnerable when firing. Other then that, I got nothing to contradict your minireview. I do agree though that it took a LOT of tries on the first area. After that though, I knew what to do. It takes a bit to get the controls down.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
I got only one thing to say, and it's that Dream Trigger is no Bullet hell. You're invulnerable when firing. Other then that, I got nothing to contradict your minireview. I do agree though that it took a LOT of tries on the first area. After that though, I knew what to do. It takes a bit to get the controls down.
It is a bullet hell game the later stages have tons of bullets flying at you which are very hard to dodge (I'm about 26 stages into the game now). Just because you can become temporarily invincible while shooting doesn't mean you're invincible the entire time and as soon as you let go of the button to shoot or you run out of ammo if the bullets are there you get hit. Not to mention the Tracker stages are ridiculously hard. If you get caught by a tracker you have to complete the entire stage without getting hit not even once if you do you lose ALL of your DP.

tombot

Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:

Valid point. But keeping your finger on the fire trigger does me in later on unless I'm cutting down a string of enemies.

Edit: syko5150 you probably have a better understanding of it than me, as you're farther into the game and I have no idea what a Tracker stage even is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...