ROM Hack Dragon Quest VII Money Edit

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So now that we have real time cheats, who wants to take a pre-cheat save and then compare it to a post cheat save where the only difference is the money to see if there's some kind of checksum?
You won't have that as the only difference. Also the time played stamp will differ. Basically the saves I did with two amounts of money, just moments in between, had many many differences.

Reactions: QCLasky

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't have that as the only difference. Also the time played stamp will differ. Basically the saves I did with two amounts of money, just moments in between, had many many differences.
Damn. Guess I'll just need to wait 9 more hours till I can make a plugin myself.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by signz,

marvs869

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello can someone pls help me, ntr isn't working (i think the problem is i updated to 11.1? not sure) and i can't use the plugins. if anyone has the time to edit my save file for max money (save001.bin) it would be greatly appreciated. ty

Attachments

• DQ7.rar
    3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by marvs869,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like the DQ7 NTR plugin from here http://www.speedfly.cn/10944.html has been updated to work for USA and EUR versions
Thank you! Managed to get my money all set and enjoyed some x10 power leveling for a little bit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hello can someone pls help me, ntr isn't working (i think the problem is i updated to 11.1? not sure) and i can't use the plugins. if anyone has the time to edit my save file for max money (save001.bin) it would be greatly appreciated. ty
Gotta tell us what region you're playing.

DragarX

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've got this game up and running on my gateway, I'll see what values I can find later tonight and someone should be able to convert it to an NTR plugin for non gateway users.

Reactions: DarkSeele and signz

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you! Managed to get my money all set and enjoyed some x10 power leveling for a little bit.

Wonder how that EXP rate setting works. It always stays on Rate 1 no matter how often I push in the button combinations

[edit] ok i see it, you have to actually press the hotkeys ingame and not while in the ntr menu. works fine. leveled up 4-5 levels, so it'll be a breeze now :D

Last edited by wurstpistole,

jonwindu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Could someone help me to max the money in my savedata in save001.bin? I tried but it makes me a corrupt save. I have 640 and It's the european version
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• dq7.rar
    4.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited by jonwindu,

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
rename it cheat.plg, and use X+Y for start ntr, not select
Ok, i did it, but when i press X+Y the cheat names are overlying and not displayed correctly ... why?
PxHfk2S.jpg

Last edited by Yamanoko,

soprano1

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry for bumping this, but with this checksum error when hex editing saves, is it expecting much for a working save editor to be available in the coming weeks? I do understand from previous posts that more testing is needed, but is this a new situation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: for $200? rofl.