Gaming Dragon Quest V, anti-piracy

Gladhove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems this issue comes up a lot.

I've managed to get past the boat scene thanks to Narin's cheat, but now I think I've run into another copy-protect situation.

I've just retrieved the circle of water, which I"m supposed to bring to Mr. Briscoletti. Except that Mr. Briscoletti isn't in his house or anywhere in the town. So I can't seem to continue the game.

Anyone else running into this particular problem?

Gladhove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind.

I restarted the game, went into the cheats menu for DSTT, and manually reactivated it. Not sure why it was off, since I used it to get off the boat, but...now it works.

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
supposedly it's already cracked in the m3real default firmware.
so people with that firmware no longer need the cheats.

your right about "supposedly"
i had to use DSATM just to play it...

jimmo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im stuck at the cave west of Hay village.
when i enter the cave, the screen goes black, is it a anti piracy?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have r4 firmware 1.18 and there is no cheat menu option with the Y menu. what firmware do you need for reg r4?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried doing the ysmenu thing once. it didnt work and i gave up. why isnt there a version u can just copy n paste to your root like r4 firmware. i much rather do that and miss out on a few games. i can still play soul silver so w/e.

SuperWilhelm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I was just trolled by square enix with this trick and I'm wondering how I can fix this issue. Usually when I come to these kind of forums for help people bring up things and terms almost as if expecting me to understand them, so Iet me be clear by saying I'm not tech savvy.
Apparently there's protection on DQV as well but I played that game fine. I am using an R4.
It's been ten years, so is the fix just trying another rom or updating the R4 software? (Last updated it around 2017)
Edit: my sincerest apologies, this wa meant to be posted on the DQVI post. I got redirected to a previous page after logging in

Last edited by SuperWilhelm,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was just trolled by square enix with this trick and I'm wondering how I can fix this issue. Usually when I come to these kind of forums for help people bring up things and terms almost as if expecting me to understand them, so Iet me be clear by saying I'm not tech savvy.
Apparently there's protection on DQV as well but I played that game fine. I am using an R4.
It's been ten years, so is the fix just trying another rom or updating the R4 software? (Last updated it around 2017)
Edit: my sincerest apologies, this wa meant to be posted on the DQVI post. I got redirected to a previous page after logging in

DS-Scene Rom Tool should have the ap patch.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: How Roms Try Helping? +1