ROM Hack Dragon Quest - Translation Help

Helmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any japanese speakers here or people willing to put the time in to work on a translation of one of these games? There is an on-going project. And I am just looking for more native speakers (seeing how many other translation projects are happening on these forums), that might be willing to help.

Musgora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's because most people are going crazy with Fire Emblem Fates hacking right now.

Why not try the Dragon Quest subreddit as well? Lots of people passionate about the franchise who would be willing to help.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this still for Terry's Wonderland? If it is do you think it'd be possible to release the menus if finished? Wish I could help but Japanese is beyond me.

Helmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good well i hope everyone is as equally excited to play this as all the trash pokemon spin offs that get released!

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping this. Is no one interested in these games?
Jeez, no wonder they keep them over in Japan.
Of course people are interested in a translation/localization of Dragon Quest/Warrior Monsters games. The thing is, if they knew Japanese they would've played it by now. Also... your passive-aggressive whining isn't helping. All you've said in this thread is "there is an ongoing project." You've mentioned varying levels of completion on your patch in multiple threads. Maybe if you just kept to one thread instead of making multiple ones, and went into detail on what's done, what's not, etc., it'd be easier for people to find and help with your patch.

Reactions: Zidapi

Helmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course people are interested in a translation/localization of Dragon Quest/Warrior Monsters games. The thing is, if they knew Japanese they would've played it by now. Also... your passive-aggressive whining isn't helping. All you've said in this thread is "there is an ongoing project." You've mentioned varying levels of completion on your patch in multiple threads. Maybe if you just kept to one thread instead of making multiple ones, and went into detail on what's done, what's not, etc., it'd be easier for people to find and help with your patch.

Point taken, and I totally anticipated someone would say that (about the passive-aggresiveness).
Ironically a few teams of projects have fallen apart due to game released they were trying to aggresively tackle for whatever reason before they were actually released (Fire Emblem, Pokemon Pikachu Detective, etc.)

Personally, and I know I dont speak for even a solid minority of the gbatemp scene, I have NO level of interest in any of that stuff.
Cool translation projects have popped up though like the Pheonix Wright series, or Fire Emblem, completed and fallen apart, and I find it impossible to get ahold of the translators.
I was hoping to attract some of their attention (seeing as they might have interested in another complex game like Fire Emblem).

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point taken, and I totally anticipated someone would say that (about the passive-aggresiveness).
Ironically a few teams of projects have fallen apart due to game released they were trying to aggresively tackle for whatever reason before they were actually released (Fire Emblem, Pokemon Pikachu Detective, etc.)

Personally, and I know I dont speak for even a solid minority of the gbatemp scene, I have NO level of interest in any of that stuff.
Cool translation projects have popped up though like the Pheonix Wright series, or Fire Emblem, completed and fallen apart, and I find it impossible to get ahold of the translators.
I was hoping to attract some of their attention (seeing as they might have interested in another complex game like Fire Emblem).
Is it possible to just release the translated menus? It seems like there has still been no progress, and considering I know literally zero Japanese I can't really play at all. I could maybe do some retexturing if there are pre rendered elements such as menu buttons that need work, or in game signs, but only if I already know what the translated word should be...

Helmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to just release the translated menus? It seems like there has still been no progress, and considering I know literally zero Japanese I can't really play at all. I could maybe do some retexturing if there are pre rendered elements such as menu buttons that need work, or in game signs, but only if I already know what the translated word should be...
Logan, I could totally release a menu patch. But I'm not going to release a half finished patch.
It doesnt seem like there has been any progress. But sometimes things aren't always as they seem!

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logan, I could totally release a menu patch. But I'm not going to release a half finished patch.
It doesnt seem like there has been any progress. But sometimes things aren't always as they seem!
Well, as I said, I would be glad to help with any baked on words such as signs or the like if needed. I just really don't want to see this project go under, and at least a menu patch would allow the game to be playable for non japanese speakers without needing to use a bunch of jpgs of the menu to even make it through a battle. Not trying to rush but as it is you are essentially the only way this game will ever even be partially playable in english. Good luck, and really REALLY hoping to see some progress on this. Have you PM'ed anyone who may have missed the thread that has done work on any other japanese games? I find it odd that there is no one willing to help as translations usually do well around here from what I've seen...

olembet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it just me or what? seem like only 1 thread is available right now for dragon quest monster translation? the mod and helmax translation thread seem like 404? nuked already?

Reactions: Helmax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)