ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX - Save Editor

xxdayoffatexx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
I tried using the inn tab to increase the number of guests to 30, but there was no change to the inn when playing the game. The restricted areas are still partitioned off. Can someone help me with that?

P.S. -- Anyone know if there's a way to release all skills after setting skill points for each ability to 100? Even though you can max the abilities out, they aren't executed in the game until you go into the skill-point allocation screen, and then you have to sit there for literally 10 minutes going through each of the skills your character "learnt."

Question 1
--- A) Inn Grade = 6 and Guests = 30 (Use Green Plus(+) Sign to add)

Question 2
--- A) Gain a level

darkness189

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i had a question regarding using the save converter to get myself some of the "legendary maps"

So i have 2 NDS with 2 EZflash 5 cards i also have a save file that has the famous maps on it i have my main game all set but the issue is with the other one.

I have the (xenom no-intro) version of the game and the files are .sav I used the converter to turn it into the ezflash format (which is apparently also .sav ) Now the blank card for some reason is not detecting the save. I've tried two different raw files and also converted from .duc format to .sav with no luck. I'm just trying to tag myself and get the maps onto my main game. So im not sure what to do to get this to work. Would it be better to just edit my save and put the file in? thanks
biggrin.gif

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...did you make sure that:
1. the nds and sav have EXACTLY the same name (copy paste the name of one file to another then edit the extension)
2. you selected the correct save slot (if your flashcart has RTS)?

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Darky said:
Sorry if this has been asked but does this tool also enable us to get the japanese treasure maps (Kawasaki, Masayuki) in our saves?

EDIT: Nevermind, seems it does.

Darky, how exactly did you find those specific maps? How do you know which ones are the Kawasaki & Masayuki? How did you import them into your game through the editor?

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Prince Valmont said:
Darky, how exactly did you find those specific maps? How do you know which ones are the Kawasaki & Masayuki? How did you import them into your game through the editor?
The answers are earlier in this thread.

Onyxflamegod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razikain said:
First of all, kudos to Yumil for the effort on translating the save editor. Please keep on going
happy.gif

I've read this thread a bit quickly so maybe I haven't noticed, but nobody seemed to mention whether it works on the (U) version of the game or not. Well, I've did a few simple things like maxing out the Inn's grade and adding a Legacy Boss map, since my only intention is getting the stuff only available by DLC or that needs other players, because nobody around here has the game. And it seems to work, because I loaded the edited save file without problems and the Inn was upgraded and the Legacy Boss map that I added was working fine (I entered it and tried to fight the boss).
And considering that, how do I really know if my save file didn't get corrupted? Should I wait for an error message while loading the adventure log or I should wait for an in-game crash, or both?
Did you even READ the thread? I had posted this before Yumil even picked up the translation.
glare.gif

It was only on page 2...

Putting my quote in spoiler tags because it's long.
QUOTE(Onyxflamegod @ Jul 11 2010, 09:16 PM) Ok well I got a couple things figured you but not much.
Yes it works fine with U saves, I've JUST finished tweaking mine so I'd be happily less lame looking.
Now keep in mind I don't know any Japanese. I was just playing the guessing game and figured a bit out.

bags.png
More details as to what tabs are what. I don't know what the 2nd one is still though.
bagsnames.jpg
The bags for different are all on different slots of the box I have extended, I can tell you that much. I assume it also goes in order, but as I can't read.......
Also it goes left to right, when you are adding items, not down like I did. I realized after I loaded up.
Be careful with the items you generate. I got a few debug items, and I edited them out in case I messed something up.

equippedstuff.png
These are the currently equipped armors/weapons/accessories and currently held items, like I'm assuming the ones you can use in battle and stuff.

That's all I got for now, all I know is that I got myself some decent looking armor that I'll use for a little bit and sell when I get a bit farther in the game.
I just wanted to not have the icky noob clothes.
OH!
And you can cross dress with this. If you use the editor to equip a female item(on males) or a weapon/armor you aren't allowed to equip because skill level or job you can use it just fine, as far as I can tell. (I accidentally put on a hooker dress)

EDIT-I came back and proofread, as well as I posted a shot of what the tabs in that box actually are.

Also, if you want to know what items are go the the site xmedia posted. the ID's are in the 3rd column. So if you want something you can use the kanji in the 3rd column and just copy paste it. The item boxes have a convenient search bar. I can confirm that method for working. I used it to finish getting a black/purple outfit with that site.
Read my second sentence, for clarification.

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's only one case of 'lost' save files I've had up to now, and it's not on the US version, but the JP version.

I tried doing some extra save games on my flash cart to give people 30 unique tags, so for that I needed to change the name of the guest. Well the JP ROM is fussy, and my last few attempts made me white screen on loading.

Absolutely zero problems on the US ROM though, made 30 without a hitch. The only issue is how the tag mode message can't be edited yet, but that's really minor. I just have 30 people with the same message and title
tongue.gif

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sevael said:
Prince Valmont said:
The answers are earlier in this thread.

I saw a list of coordinates to place into the editor, but in the game the map is not listed as "Kawasaki" or "Masayuki". It's named something like "Emerald World of Gloom Lv 86" and "Ruby Path of Doom Lv. 87". I can't really tell if I'm entering them right.

G

geenlung

Is there a way to subtract out skill points I already put in? I tried to unlearn individual skills and it works, but the number of points put into the skill branch remain when I turn on the game.

Gwendall

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic work. I really appreciate all the effort put into this! Very interesting seeing the guts of the game laid out in an orderly fashion... and in a language I'm fluent in. : )

haleyville

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have an Acekard 2i with the latest AKAIO 1.7? firmware. After trying for many hours the last few days, I decided to ask for help. I have both a xenom cracked version and a clean version of the game, when I use the save editor all of my information is there. After I finish applying everything I want and re-save, the game doesn't recognize a save file...it only gives me the option of create new game or Wifi Settings.

Have also tried using the files with Desmume?? and No$gba to no avail....what am I doing wrong? Please help!
Also wanted to mention that I have tried using shunyweb save conversions and still can't get anything working. Both files the .sav and .nds also have the exact file name
Dragon Quest IX - Sentinels of the Starry Skies

G

geenlung

haleyville said:
Hi, I have an Acekard 2i with the latest AKAIO 1.7? firmware. After trying for many hours the last few days, I decided to ask for help. I have both a xenom cracked version and a clean version of the game, when I use the save editor all of my information is there. After I finish applying everything I want and re-save, the game doesn't recognize a save file...it only gives me the option of create new game or Wifi Settings.

Have also tried using the files with Desmume?? and No$gba to no avail....what am I doing wrong? Please help!
Also wanted to mention that I have tried using shunyweb save conversions and still can't get anything working. Both files the .sav and .nds also have the exact file name

Have you tried playing around with this: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

haleyville

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geenlung said:
haleyville said:

yes sir

Skyblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haleyville said:
geenlung said:
haleyville said:

yes sir

Have you checked to make sure the save type for the rom is either set to auto or 512? Highlight it and press start, then go to rom settings and change it from there. Make sure it's being saved as .sav. And make sure the name of the save file is identical to the name of the rom with the exception of the file extension. If it still doesn't work, not sure what to tell you. I had this same issue with one of the Pokemon games a while back when I tried to use Pokesav. It was only that particular game, rom didn't matter, names didn't matter. Never could figure out why it wouldn't work.

wazzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I was playing around with the tabs on the save editor and I clicked "Treasure Data" I got curious what it was so I clicked "Map data" So there was a bar which was loading for about 15 minutes and when it was done, I checked the folder my save editor was in and there was a "MapSearch" DAT file. Now I am wondering what it does. Perhaps Yumil or anyone else could be kind and explain to me?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I've been using the japanese editor for a while and decided to use this one.
So um, thanks!
Also this is my 1000th post.
No more eternal 999 posts member

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay