Hack of Pokemon Platinum: Pokemon Sol Platinum

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Twanny Bizzle-Th, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

Member Twanny Bizzle-Th GBAtemp Regular

Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
    United States
    <b>Final Update</b>

Hi, everybody, it's be TB-Da Bandit! Alright, I'm here today releasing my hack of the platinum version, the game formely known as Platinum Plus. My bro gave me the idea of changing it to Sol Platinum, on an account that I'm using Heartgold and 'SOUL' Silver sprites in my game.

In this installment, I've included, yes you know, inserted sprites from HGSS, and changed some of the other Pokemon sprites. If see that any new sprite look weird or seem to be standing over their shadow, please inform me. I've already tried correcting as many of them as possible...

...Also, a different from Platinum Plus is that I've slightly beefed up the elite four and champ level. I also, finally finished editing all the Pokemon center challenges and wild Pokemon that appears in the water.

The Pokemon in this hack learns slightly different moves than from the original game. Like for example: the Gible evolution line can learn Magnitude and stuff. I also changed just a few Pokemon's Abilities! Like Dragonite having Magic Guard and Umbreon having Pressure.

I did try my best in editing very trainers you encounter in-game! This includes the trainers on stark mountain, ya know the battle frontier part and pokemon center battles, if I haven't said that before. What I didn't decide to do was edited the trainers that get significantly stronger through vs. seeker rematches\which I renamed on the game...So don't bother facing trainers that you KNOW get stronger, when using the Fight Beeper...

Since, I actually didn't know how to add any new event...yet...I had no choice, but to place the non-native legendary Pokemon in random throughout the sinnoh region. You can find them in the following places: Sendoff Spring, Snowpoint Temple, Stark Mountain (Outside and within the cavern) Turnback Cave and the Route 230, 226, 229, 227, 225, and 224! I'm not tellin' which legend appears there you just have to find out by hangin' around their; legendary pokemon only become available after you defeat the game the first time.

Closing notes: Hey look, I'm well aware of the american version of hgss being out and all, but since it's unplayable at the time, why don't you all just enjoy my hack, until somebody finds a way to fix out all the ap crap in the rom. That's all I ask of you. Beside, my game is the closest you're gonna get to an american hgss! LOL

Also, I HAVE NO IDEA, I mean none whatsoever, if this patch will work on any flashcarts or card...thingys. I never used those types of program...exe. things. I strongly recommend you playing this on an emulator, until I figure out how to fix this.

Anywho, here's the link to my game: <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?qzmouyowydy" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/?qzmouyowydy</a>
    This patch is Gui Type, just so you know.

This patch is slightly different than the original one; in which I've already took down. I've edited some more pokemon front sprite. This includes; Vileplume, Lapras, Quilava, Totodile. I redid Farafetch'D Meganium and probably more...I dunno there's so many of'em now. I tried fixing Dragonite, cuz it looked like it was floatin' in the air, but the HGSS sprite is too small. I also changed Miltank and reversal Venasaur's sprite. Okay, I've also gotten around in changing just a few back sprites; nothing too significant; Cyndaquil, Espeon and Mareep.

I also was finally able to increase the trainers AI value this time around. The trainers get much stronger and smarter as you progress in the game. Their pokemon seemed to be ev and iv trained. Also, the seals, when facing some trainers, have been removed from their pokemon.

Example; you know how Flint and Volkner Electavire and Magmortar come out with seals, well since I've increased there AI the seal animation have been removed.

I'm guess this is my final update on this mod...I'll probably start on a HGSS mod, I guess, I dunno. I mean, the game's fully playable now. Well, on my computer it is.

I do hope you all enjoy, if you find any problems, please report it to me.

Wild starter Pokemon are available too, but they appear in random spots. Here are there locations. If you're interested.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

If you don't know how to make your trade-evolution Pokemon evolve, just jet down below and the evolution walkthrough I put together. Once again, if you interested in looking.

Last and finally not least, I would like to thank my little bro for beta testing for me. Also, if you're wanting to play with the National Dex at the beginning, I suggest downloading Poke'sav...I just couldn't figure out how to put the national dex at the beginning.

If you're searching for any specific type of Pokemon, please tell and I will tell you their locations. Also, I will soon be doing a walkthrough of what to expect in Sol Platinum...Basically the level of the pokemon of all the important battles.

Right now, I'm just reveal the gym leader's pokemon, items they hold and levels. If you don't won't to look at it, just don't click the spoiler down below.

Here a couple of screenshot from my game, you've probably already seem them before, you probably haven't. Anyways, enjoy them, okay?

If playin' on a no$gba emulator, to best view the sprites, put your game's 3d renderer on opengl, once in a trainer battle, and put it back in nocash once leaving one. Open makes the game run slow in the openworld.

Look, I'm not saying that my game even FALL in the same class of Bloody Platinum or that of the Enhanced Edition, I'm only just asking that you test out my game and see how you like, see how it feel. That's all I ask of you.

The programs I used to make this hack possible.

EEDP (Evolution Editor)
    PMEDS ( Moveset Editor)
    WPEDS (Wild Pokemon Editor)
    PDEDS (Pokemon Data Editor)
    PPTE (Project Pokemon's Trainer Editor)
    HTPE (Honey Tree Editor)
    Attack Editor DS
    SGPE (Safari Game Editor)
    PokeDSPic 'Platinum' (In-Game Pokemon Sprite Editor)
    Paint (For recoloring some of the HGSS sprites)
    PPRE 10
    Tile Molester 0.16
    thenewpoketext
    NitroExplorer2b
    No$gba 2.6a

And for all my friends, here's a vid of me facing Cyrus with the new AI junk...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGJ2GekRyao&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGJ2GekRyao&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Just for the record, this a old video I upload 2 months ago, I was gonna deleted by why not show you all my mod work...Sho-yo!

2. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    Sounds good. I'll definitely give it a try and report if something goes wrong.

3. cotti

Newcomer cotti Newbie

Brazil
    Why don't you give some more information?

You just messed around with some trainer levels, evolutions and wild pokémon location? Is it really complete or another of those betas that never "evolve"?

Looks interesting, but please tell some more.

4. sk8mystery23

Member sk8mystery23 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gah, mine froze as soon as I started the first battle with Barry. I shall try again and edit with results.

5. Saku3456

Newcomer Saku3456 Newbie

United States
    lol, ur bro's a program...

but nonetheless, time to test; seems cool

EDIT: btw, is it possible to make the gym leaders slightly harder?

6. sk8mystery23

United States
    Since someone posted after my post I will just post again. Mine still freezes right when the first battle with Barry begins. Is this happening with anyone else?

7. instantberry

Newcomer instantberry Member

United States
    hahaha coool passer-by game before they fix the AP thx man , ill keep an eye out for bugs =] thx

8. 404errord

Newcomer 404errord Newbie

United States
    I'd consider downloading it if you posted some screenshots.

9. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Can't decide if I want to play with this patch or not lol. I have the Bloody Diamond patch already, clean Pearl, and clean Platinum. Maybe I will patch this once I beat the game, but it sounds nice [​IMG]

10. minetto007

Newcomer minetto007 Newbie

Brazil
    Hey Man!
    Nice work on this hack.
    I had the same freeze problem on the start (Flashcard)
    Then I Tried on No$Gba, and worked perfectly =D
    Once again, nice work!

11. Sicklyboy

United States
    Same problem here. Did you trim your ROM? I did and it trimmed off 101mb. Idk if that broke it, but there's no way im keeping a 204mb rom on my card.

12. sk8mystery23

United States
    No I didn't trim mine at all. I actually got the rom all over again for the sake of having a clean rom then patched it. No trimming nothing else done to it but ran on my flashcart.

13. Sicklyboy

United States
    Weird. I downloaded a new Plat (U) rom, which was around 132mb. Patched, turned out at 202mb. Trimmed down to 102mb (trimmed normal rom is around 98mb, if I remember correctly). Froze at first fight with Barry on the trimmed rom, and I am not even going to bother with the untrimmed patched because I won't use it at such a large size.

Running iTouchDS 3.7G Firmware, FlashMe v7 on DSLite

14. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    Huh, 'betas that never evolve' do you mean like completely changing the game like 3rd gen games? uh, that's nearly impossible, there's not enough good programs out there to do that, well, there are a few, but not for map editing and stuff.
    And as for scripting, I do have PPRE, but everytime I go to save my changes on it, it never stays, I always end up with the same thing.

Listen, basically what I'm trying to say is: if you know how to make my game 'evolve' I'll be more than willing to hear you out, seriously!

15. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    The game suppose to be 202mb, if you trim it, it will most likely not work anymore...if you're playin on card, that is. try playin' it on an emulator, until I upload a pre-patched. I've been reading the posts and seeing alot of you been having trouble with it, hopefully with the pre-patch you'll be able to play it on your flashcard or whatever those things are. LOL, I've never used a card before.

PS: I'm gonna reveal some more about my game, but right now I have to walk up to the store with my brother and sister LOL, I'll tell you guys more once I get back.

16. sk8mystery23

United States
    Well I started a new game with the actual clean game then I'm gonna use the save on the patched version and see if it'll work. Probably not, but whatever. Lol.

EDIT: Well, either because I used cheat codes, or because this just refuses to work on my flashcart..... It froze when I tried to look at the synopsis of my Pokemon and when I tried to start a battle.

EDIT 2: Alright, I even redid a clean save without any codes. Then transfered the save right after Barry's battle. Got past the lake part on Sol and as soon as I got into a battle in some tall grass, it froze. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

17. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    Whoops, did I put his name under the programs section. LOL Gots to fix that.

make the gym leader's harder, eh? ya know, that does seem like a good idea. the computer does seem to do stupid things at time, right? if only I could figure out the narc. file that hold hgss AI...maybe, I could overwrite the platinum one...I wonder would that work.

I like the way how hgss include both pokemon special abilities in trainer battles. all the other pokemon games before that only used the pokemon's first special ability, in which I found to be really stupid...

On the Japanese rom, I remember fighting Will the second time around, and his Gardevoir had the Trace abilities. if you fought against a trainer on platinum, you wouldn't be facing a trainer with a Gardevoir with the trace ability, ya know?

18. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    Uhh...Really, dammit. That's lame...hmmm...you say, you're playing on a flashcart. You should try playin on an emulator, I really didn't test it on any flashcarts to see if it works. You think if i made a pre-patch rom of the game it'll work on your flashcart? Like I said before, I never tested it on flashcarts.

PS: Doesn't other hacks you played before worked on your flashcart? I was only wondering.

19. sk8mystery23

United States
    Honestly this is the first hack I have tried. I've tried getting a hold of Bloody Platinum just to test it out, but all the links seem to be down.

20. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    try going to filetrip, they should have that file...they have all sorta of file.