Dragon Quest IX - Save Editor

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Chaotik, Jul 9, 2010.

Jul 9, 2010

Dragon Quest IX - Save Editor by Chaotik at 5:22 PM (255,117 Views / 2 Likes) 467 replies

1. Chaotik
    OP

Member Chaotik GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Dragon Quest IX Save State Editor

Creator - asa-o
    Translation - Yumil

[​IMG]

Latest Release - http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/dq9_save_editor_0.7.zip
    ( translation by yab )

Older releases
    Version 0.6 - http://www.mediafire.com/?05h50rwgshe3jlj
    Version 0.5 - http://www.mediafire.com/?xxq436qs7s6q3pv
    Version 0.4 - http://www.mediafire.com/?akj9hb1oi6i5jcm
    Version 0.3 - http://www.mediafire.com/?jgnmitbyhyzjzmc
    Version 0.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?nxeogkentjmzdua

Brian Howard and xijet13 like this.

2. NDStemp

Member NDStemp GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp

Canada
    Yay! Now I can spend hours on this like I did with Pokesav! ;D

3. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    i will wait for cheat codes and english translation instead

4. SixtySixHundred

Member SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    What a hero! Now I don't have to waste any time playing the game!

Sweet! [​IMG]

5. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Not surprised that it works with the US save file. Most games (besides Pokemon) share a common save file between different region releases.

Good that tested it though. Means we might get an English translation for this. [​IMG]

6. Tempus35

Newcomer Tempus35 Advanced Member

United States
    Nice find, I tried using a machine translation of some of it, some worked but not all, and I couldn't get what I have to show me labels as well as values(like the (T) menu drop down is treasure map data, and the (S) within that drop down is show treasure map data), plus in the end I have no clue how to edit the exe to use english.

7. StriFey

Newcomer StriFey Member

Netherlands
    Curious if it would work for the European version aswell [​IMG] though my japanese isn't to say great, lol so I guess I need to wait for AR Cheats (USRCheats.dat) or an english version of the Save Editor

8. poiuytre

Newcomer poiuytre Newbie

United Kingdom
    It doesn't appear to be entirely compatible with US saves, though that might also be related to Flashcard-specific savefiles. I hope someone can make an English version either way.

9. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    [​IMG]
    (( Full-size image here ))

Not sure if I'll have the drive/desire to do the whole thing... and I'll most likely need help with the ACTUAL translation of terms/stats etc (File/Open/Save/Save As/Exit are simple).

Edit: Yeah... Someone with actual coding/hacking/modifying skill/knowledge is going to need to do this.
    The 'trick' I used when translating the TTdT app (moving space bits from one line to the next) won't work here... and you'll end up with words like "RmvItrmsn" for 'Remove Intermission'.
    [​IMG]

10. joltmar

Newcomer joltmar Newbie

United States
    I don't want to sound like a dick here.. cause ya it would be nice to be able to have this in english, but all I care about is being pointed to what tab/settings I need so I can expand the inn .. thanks SE you screw the pooch and a lot of americans who bought this with your silly tag mode

11. StriFey

Newcomer StriFey Member

Netherlands
    Why did they ruin it then? Ok it's kinda annoying that u have to get guests and stuff through wifi, but atleast it's free to do so [​IMG] Unless u don't have a wifi router or a wifi usb dongle. I like this idea pretty much and quite a lot of people want to play a good rpg with a decent co-op [​IMG] S-E Never failed in my opinion. Just like people say that FF13 sux, well I think it's besides FF7 & 8 one of the better games. S-E need to keep it up xD

12. StriFey

Newcomer StriFey Member

Netherlands
    It shouldn't be all to hard though ok I don't know any japanese, but there are enough online translators that can give u an idea for the word and then try to translate it that way, but that's my cup of tea in this matter. If I had any programming skills and I knew Japanese quite well I would make it myself [​IMG]

Atleast thanks for your trouble I think u make a lot of people happy if u DO succeed to translate it.

13. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    To actually play with other people they have to be near you, multiplayer is local wifi only. The actual wi-fi is for DQVC and downloading quests.

14. joltmar

Newcomer joltmar Newbie

United States
    Goli already nailed it for me .. So there you can see why they screwed the pooch as some people like to say

15. StriFey

Newcomer StriFey Member

Netherlands
    I know the wifi = for downloading quests and for the Item Store. Where u can buy Treasure Maps and another thing, but still this game isn't that bad, though they should made the co-op worldwide or continent only. But still I like this game and I'm a true Final Fantasy fan and the only game besides DQ IX I played was the Wii game which gives u muscleache if u play it too long lol. Eitherway everybody got their own opinion [​IMG]

16. dan80315

Member dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    A translation of this would be sweeeet [​IMG]

17. sendyo

Member sendyo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah i cant really read most of that.

Posts merged

Is it better to use this or cheats?

18. dan80315

Member dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would say it's the same thing overall but save editor gives you much more personal control over what you want.

Also, by which point in the game can you access the Wi-Fi content? >_> I just finished the Right Knight scenario after "saving" the king's princess from the black knight.

19. StriFey

Newcomer StriFey Member

Netherlands
    Then u should already have access to some wifi parts. Go to the Inn and talk with the 2 girls behind the counter and also the Transparent Angel [​IMG]

20. joltmar

Newcomer joltmar Newbie

United States
    for the wifi store, I heard it was at some point in the game after a event where the MC (main character) gains zoom I'm not that far myself, but from looking around
    thats what I found

@Strifey

I'm a DQ/DW fan .. big one at that .. It was my third (or was it second) I can't remember.. rpg as a kid I'm talking about 8-9 years old here (I'm 25 now) Destiny of an Emperor being my first .. I can't remember if DW or FF was my second or third.. lol

I'm also a big FF fan like you

But really SE screwed us with this game ... But I am glad they brought it over here