ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX - Save Editor

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Okay, there seems to be three relevant things: Visitors (upper left side), Inn Grade (under Visitors), and +/x adding guest (center left).

I simply added visitors, which did nothing.

When I talk to Erinn, nothing unusual happens, just her usual stay/canvas/view list choices.

Should I add guests? Earlier in this thread it said not to alter Inn Grade. Is this true?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Okay, adding guests is the key.

Gosh, I feel bad cheating now! All the guests are The Current Vocation from Someplace Nice. Ugh.

Unfortunately despite multiple attempts at canvassing real guests in the most and second-most crowded train stations in the entire world, I got zero. I suspect it's either because the Japanese (I live in Japan) and English versions are incompatible, or that the game has been out in Japan so long nobody is playing it here anymore.

Oh well. Circumstances forced me!!!

I still feel bad...

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, yeah, you have to click add guest. I guess the game doesn't look at the visitor total but rather the amount of actual guests presently staying at the Inn. If the artificial feeling of your guests bug you, you could always take some time to make them more realistic, and completely filling out their info.

But you will always know.

Always.

Animage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animage said:
Hmm I wanted to test this out, and tried it on my Supercard. I have a retail game, so I just wanted to test this.

I made a new game, got back to the Observatory and saved so I could monkey around. I edited things like main character levels and all of that, but none of the NPC's will talk and none of the storyline stuff is complete.

Is there a way around this with the editor, or will I have to somehow track someone's game save info down?

I'd love to have this setup with 4 massively stacked characters and go for the hardest grottos and such without all the work
biggrin.gif

Bumping for skippage.

Skyblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DemonicChocobo said:
Skyblade said:
Does anyone have a screenshot or something of what all the fields should look like when adding a guest VIA the inn tab? Ideally I'd like to add the 30 guests in such a way that they're as authentic-looking as possible, and so far I haven't been able to find a save file that has any guests, so I haven't been able to figure out what all the fields mean or should look like.
Sort of quickly threw this together.

AIDS.png

It was pretty easy to figure them out using SCIENCE.

Awesome. Thanks a ton.

blackacidevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Easy to figure them out using science?

Science?

Right...

Dont cheat play the game, Dragon Warrior's are some of the best games out. Its depth and story, dont ruin this by cheating.

geez

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rhos said:

Science?

Right...

Dont cheat play the game, Dragon Warrior's are some of the best games out. Its depth and story, dont ruin this by cheating.

geez
It really depends on what you're doing with the save editor. Most people like me need people for their inn and that is one of the main purposes. But you can add skill points, items, armor and other stuff to your save file.

Skyblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rhos said:

Science?

Right...

geez

I'm sorry if my using a save editor on my own game to change the cosmetic appearance of characters, or obtain functionality that is otherwise impossible for me to get due to location somehow ruins your gaming experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)