ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX - Save Editor

aberosh1819

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
furfoot said:
To get a new treasure map in your save just click on the treasure tab > click on the plus sign in the list > enter to map no (first, second)

Here is a list of all the best maps in the game:

134, 30804 (Floor 11 is full of Metal King Slimes, Boss = Lucid)
175, 2720 (Floor 7 is full of Metal Slimes, Boss = Fowleye)
248, 4929 (Lots of A/S Chests, Boss = Trauminator)
189, 200
184, 9638 (Good chest map for crafting, Floor 9 is Metal King Slimes, Boss = Hammibal)
198, 25615
217, 26468 (Great money farming map gem slimes for 10k per kill, Boss = Greygnarl)
187, 9788
183, 15522 (Kawasaki loot map, Boss = Fowleye)
187, 3676 (Masayuki map, Floor 15 has Metal King Slimes, Boss = Tyrannosaurus Wrecks)
184, 18322 (Good chest map)
183, 6129 (Super hard trash mobs and highest level dungeon)

Additionally, when adding these maps, I believe (due to the red font when it doesn't match) that one must have a Location code that matches on of the 2-3 specified.

Also, I did not mark the maps I added as Discovered, and then did not have them appear in my list in game. Haven't gotten to test marking them as Discovered to make it work, but it seems a likely solution.

Was playing with the FFSky lists via google translate and couldn't figure out some of the details listed above, thanks SO much for that!

Sixthofinfinity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Wow, fast on that translation.

I really hope you finish it, but yeah, breaks are good, don't burn yourself out.

(Honestly the only thing I really want translated that is left to do is the Grottos and the treasure box lists for the quicksave use, I mostly just use it to check what is in my grottos... I don't even actually alter my real save. I don't use it so much as a save editor as I do a save viewer
tongue.gif
)

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
I used the save editor to give me 5 badges for the swordman teacher. When I went back talked to him, he still kept talking about his diary. Does this mean I actually have to find the badge myself?

Also, in the "Historical Characters", I checked all of them but none of them showed up in the INN.

Onyxflamegod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patz said:
I used the save editor to give me 5 badges for the swordman teacher. When I went back talked to him, he still kept talking about his diary. Does this mean I actually have to find the badge myself?

Also, in the "Historical Characters", I checked all of them but none of them showed up in the INN.
I have no clue what those are. If those are a quest item then I'm sure you have to do it. I don't think it counts the "items" but I think it counts the acquiring of the items. If that makes sense.

And about the inn, they are in the royal suites, you go to them in the elevator. Also, I don't think you can just click them all into being active. I did that and only like 6-7 showed up. Limit who you want to be there to the people/items you'll want.

edit-I fixed my post...

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Can I delete job class from character's attribute? I want to delete the lower level classes that I don't want anymore because it effects how I kept getting the low level treasure map.

Onyxflamegod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patz said:
Can I delete job class from character's attribute? I want to delete the lower level classes that I don't want anymore because it effects how I kept getting the low level treasure map.
If you want you can completely disable your jobs altogether somewhere in there, but all my maps go in progressively higher levels as I finish them.
they have nothing to do with my levels..... I haven't leveled once since I started map raiding...

edit-Fixed grammar.
Anyway, night.

Chaotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well ... I've been searching for Serena's face / hair value to no avail ... it's a shame, she looks kinda cute. If any of you can help, I'll be grateful x3

serenav.jpg

intro94

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone please help me? I was playing DQ up to lv 30 with my party, and then after beating the boss of empire castle entrance and getting to 2nd floor , my rom goes black and the music goes on( R4 SDHC).

I then tried to load it without pandora(for some games it works to load them as it is) and it failed to load the file .

Does anyone has a SAVE of a part AFTER the cutscene of the 2nd floor of the empier castle?

I dont think the editor will allow me to skip main storyline events.

thanks in advance!

Yumil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
FriedGinger.com
XP
Country
United States
RyuKisargi said:
I think R4 can run DQ9 without a patch now. Try a non-patched copy.

to everyone else; I found that I had problems, due to my having the actual cart.

Well, I have a AR DSi, and of course, you gotta use a .sav with the file.

http://www.uniquegeeks.net/g/index/saves/SaveConverter.aspx - This converts it PERFECTLY from the AR format!
I use the .duc files all the time, just change the format when opening to it(it allows for most formats).

Yumil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
FriedGinger.com
XP
Country
United States
genx said:
Is it possible to edit in visitors into tag mode's quest book ? Because you need 30 to get an item from Wifi-unlocked guests.
Inn tab. There is a list called Guest List, press the Plus Button, select the new guy(empty name) and edit it accordingly. You can do that for all of them. Sorry I haven't edited the tab fully yet.

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest you don't have to add guests to get the item. All you have to do is increase the Inn level to the level 6 which is also under the Inn tab. Saves you from adding in 30 random guests that way.

Sjaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
marianitensg said:
Hi! i'm from argentina. My english is not good... anyway. I've tried to use this editor but when i want to open de save appear this...

dq9x.jpg

What fily type is your save? I myself use .sav and it works perfectly. If you don't use .sav, you could convert your savefile into a .sav file via the link given above: http://www.uniquegeeks.net/g/index/saves/SaveConverter.aspx . Good luck. If it won't work, I could make a custom save for you if you want (with preferences according to your taste, of course).
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P