ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX Modding & Documentation - Does it Exist?

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, I am wondering if anyone has any information they could share with me to help me out with modding Dragon Quest IX for the ds. The only threads I've been able to find are from a user who seems to no longer work on their project, and my efforts to contact them so far have failed.

So here I am, asking. Does anyone have any information relating to the DQ9 file structure and where stuff like skill tables are etc.

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could probably ask on the Dragon Quest subreddit u might get an answer over there

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Harveemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to find the textures/palettes for the skin and hair colors in the character customization/party member creation. I've searched for info on this on the subreddit, and on google in general, and there's really nothing already documented for it, at least that I could find. With Tinke, I've looked all through the root/data/chara and root/data/chara_sub folders and while I managed to find models and textures that I could actually view, none of them seemed to pertain to that... I've been poking around for hours and I'm stumped. I just wanna make the dark skin tone darker. Maybe make some of the hair and eye colors a little less garish.

Sahara150

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe that's a dumb question, but how do you access the DQ9 files at all? I am completely new to modding? How do you access what's on the cartridge? Or are you using some software from the internet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy