Dragon Quest IX Modding & Documentation - Does it Exist?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Kobazco, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Kobazco
    OP

Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    As the title says, I am wondering if anyone has any information they could share with me to help me out with modding Dragon Quest IX for the ds. The only threads I've been able to find are from a user who seems to no longer work on their project, and my efforts to contact them so far have failed.

So here I am, asking. Does anyone have any information relating to the DQ9 file structure and where stuff like skill tables are etc.

2. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Could probably ask on the Dragon Quest subreddit u might get an answer over there

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3. Harveemo

Harveemo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2019
    United States
    I'm trying to find the textures/palettes for the skin and hair colors in the character customization/party member creation. I've searched for info on this on the subreddit, and on google in general, and there's really nothing already documented for it, at least that I could find. With Tinke, I've looked all through the root/data/chara and root/data/chara_sub folders and while I managed to find models and textures that I could actually view, none of them seemed to pertain to that... I've been poking around for hours and I'm stumped. I just wanna make the dark skin tone darker. Maybe make some of the hair and eye colors a little less garish.