OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had any issues with saving in-game for Dragon Quest IV?
Both complete save at the church and quick save?

I noticed today when I went to the church to save it had no file in use for me to overwrite, so I ignored it and just saved over where my file was. I checked again to make sure it did save (the game said it did) and the file was still not there. I tried different churches thinking the one I was trying was glitched and still the same issues. I finally gave up and tried quick save, but when I went back DQIV, no save files were selectable.

I'm using a real R4 cart with the official 1.18 firmware and a 2GB sandisk card. I never had any problems with it at all, or with my R4. I'm thinking it has to be the game itself, so I deleted the .sav file and restarted my game. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. So I was just seeing if anyone else had this problem as well.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using a .sav file from another flash cart that works? Say, using a .sav file from the DSTT and put it in your R4. Not sure if anyone with a DSTT or R4 type .sav format would have one, though.

That sort of way did work in the past, so maybe it'll work now. Have you also tried YSMenu?

Dardon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I just deleted my save file and created a new one from the R4 itself again. So far its been saving but Im not sure how long. As for YSMenu, never worked for me both using the long way and the short bat way that's posted here in the stickies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE