ROM Hack Dragon Ball Fusion Translation HELP!

iSeeNoChanges

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i decrypted the ROM and all it gave me in the ExtractedROMFS is ONE FILE named: DOF.CPK
I extracted this file (via criunpack found on some dbz xenoverse site)and it gave me many many folders with many files like: JMDL, JMOT, JPTC, JMDL, JCOL, BIN
All extracted files was together like 350mb but my .CPK data that i wanted to extract was like 600mb, is this normal?
Opened some files on Notepad+ it only gave me some strange things, no japanese text here....
Maybe someone could give me a hint.....
It is my first time to edit some rom so please have mercy!

Last edited by iSeeNoChanges,

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm well where to begin :)
Most of the time you can't just simply use a Hex-Editor or Editor to translate a japanese console game. They use different encoding and endian direction as what we have on a "normal" PC, thought you can change that in several tools. "Maybe" that's why you dont see the japanese Text.
Anyway you will most likely need to change offsets too and some other values to even get it working. The text could still be compressed in someway or they use a whole different table that doesnt even have non japanese letters.

I recommend to take a look here (http://www.romhacking.net/) to get some understanding about translating games in general.

Last edited by nIxx,
Reactions: iSeeNoChanges

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You are using wrong tools. I unpacked CPK file and the result was around 1gb. Also i have found a jarc unpacker

tiankongslan

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
System.jarc\message\msg.jmsg
upload_2016-8-10_1-11-55.png

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Good news. But which one hex editor have you used and what options you import to see the shift-jis characters? I see unicode format

Last edited by pikatsu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome