DQIX - Gem slimes

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Black_Knight_666, Sep 3, 2010.

Sep 3, 2010

DQIX - Gem slimes by Black_Knight_666 at 6:21 AM (2,529 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Black_Knight_666
    OP

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Does anyone know where i can find gem slimes? (they give you like 10k gold for everyone you beat) fyi i dont have internet access for my ds

2. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    I beat this game awhile back, I know where there's alot of them But I can't remember the name
    I'll try to find out

3. Black_Knight_666
    OP

Australia
    Also, whats the best way to level up faster?? im a lv 46 gladiator and the highest grotto i have is copper marsh of glee (lv 25)

4. WaffleDee

Newcomer WaffleDee Advanced Member

Canada
    Gem slimes can be found in grottos, you can get a floor of them if you are lucky.

The fastest way to level up is in a grotto with a floor dedicated to metal king slimes, or at least a decent spawn rate for them.

Otherwise, you have to train at B3 in the blowhole on liquid metals or on slime hill (liquid metals). Slime hill is located on the innacessible hill right next to angel falls. You need the train to get there.

5. Black_Knight_666
    OP

Australia
    Ok so i finally found baramos grotto level 1.. dam he is too strong! my characters are 3 lvl 46 gladiators and a 41 priest.. where is the best place to train?

6. Black_Knight_666
    OP

Australia
  7. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    No need to do a useless bump, as for your question I am unsure as I just started DQ:IX

8. WaffleDee

Canada
    I just told you where to train and you ignore my post. [​IMG]

9. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    If you have the DQIX save editor, you can put in a grotto with all Gem Slimes on a specific level.

Those coordinates can be found online.

10. jasonfhk

Newcomer jasonfhk Newbie

United States
    where can I get the save editor? i cant find it and even the search on this site has been fruitless

sweet I found it, thanks for anyone trying to help

11. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Gem Slimes can be found in level 80+ grottoes. I have encountered Darkonium Slimes in those dungeons as well, but only Gem Slimes in a level 87 one.

The Platinum King Jewel which I have only encountered in level 70+ grottoes reward 24,000 exp (it gets divided amongst your party). They are not that hard to kill health wise, they only have like 10 HP, but Gem Slimes have far more and even with my team that was capable of killing Greygnarl in a level 86 grotto (and if you thought Corvus was tough, Greygnarl will make you cry if you aren't above level 80 and well geared and have a well built group).

12. WaffleDee

Canada
    To kill gem slimes, you should use hachet man (axe lv58) or thunder thrust (spear lv58). All other attacks are too inefficient to make it worthwhile. Using these attacks, gem slimes are very easy because they spend most of their team "beaming graciously". Except when they magic burst, that attack may be annoying to many people.

13. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Any party that can encounter Gem Slimes in a grotto should be high enough to survive a Magic Burst attack, depending on whether your party is geared up and has been maxed in a couple of different levels. I have a Paladin that is also level 99 Gladiator, my Gladiator is also a level 99 paladin so they have huge health pools, while my Priest was once a Mage and my Sage had both Priest and Mage classes up to level 99, so both are pretty powerful at high levels.