Gaming DQIX Gameplay Discussion

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
tsol said:
I just restarted because I'm OCD and i didn't like how my main character was the only angel without a bird themed star constellation for a name.

Aquila - hawk
Apus Major - birds of paradise
Columba - dove
Corvis - crow

new main character name - Cygnus - swan, last in pattern. I can sleep now.

I didnt even notice that...were you far within the game?
Anyways i skipped a boss i had to go back...-.-

I was just a bit past where you can change classes, It's going really fast now so catching up won't be hard..

Wierd that you can skip bossses. I guess that means that the game becomes a fair bit more open later on then?

SunnyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
Have you got the boat? The game jumps in difficulty rather nicely after that and the game stops holding your hand.

My team right now:

Lavi (hero) - Lvl 20 Wielding Chain Whip, Steel Shield, Cat Ears, Dancer's Dress, Ultramarine Mittens, Fishnet Stockings, Starlet Sandals and Agility Ring

Adiya - Lvl 21 Mage Wielding Watermaul Wand, Steel Shield, Cat ears, Fizzle Retardant Blouse, Silver Bracelets, Snazzy Skirt, Siren Sandals and Pink Pearl

Seri - Lvl 21 Priest Wielding Steel Lance, Steel Shield, Gold Circlet, Spangled Dress, Silver Bracelets, Fishnet Stockings, Stiletto Heels and Gold Rosary

Shali - Lvl 15 Gladiator Wielding Steel Axe, Cat Ears, Heavy Armour, Steel Gauntlets, Iron Kneecaps, Iron Sabatons and Agility Ring

Has anyone else had problems with harvest points not respawning? It takes forEVER for Royal Soil to respawn for me. It's getting ridiculous I'm getting like 1 Royal Soil every couple hours of game play and I need them for alchemy >_

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SunnyGuy said:
No, I still don't have any boat
smile.gif
I really hope that'll become more difficult after getting it ^____^ I mean previous DQ games was much more harder from the very beginning) About stuff for alchemy - it's really hard to get the most needed things... Rrrrr it's making me mad
smile.gif

Can you say where is this respawn point for Royal Soil located? Oh, by the way, I don't know where to find some fresh water for the quest ?6, anybody knows? =^___^=

The Royal Soil spawn point is a little north of Port Llaffan in a clearing...it had like 5 the first time I went there and now...well it rarely if ever spawns even one for me.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tsol said:
UnseenHero said:
tsol said:
I just restarted because I'm OCD and i didn't like how my main character was the only angel without a bird themed star constellation for a name.

Aquila - hawk
Apus Major - birds of paradise
Columba - dove
Corvis - crow

new main character name - Cygnus - swan, last in pattern. I can sleep now.

I didnt even notice that...were you far within the game?
Anyways i skipped a boss i had to go back...-.-

I was just a bit past where you can change classes, It's going really fast now so catching up won't be hard..

Wierd that you can skip bossses. I guess that means that the game becomes a fair bit more open later on then?

Well I skipped the Boss where you change your Class (Abbot dude) And went to "The Port" and defeated the boss there...And I was going to fight the Dude a "Zere Rock" where I found out there was a boss at the Abbey place..Hope I didnt give out TOOO much spoilers about the game

Skorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UnseenHero said:
Well I skipped the Boss where you change your Class (Abbot dude) And went to "The Port" and defeated the boss there...And I was going to fight the Dude a "Zere Rock" where I found out there was a boss at the Abbey place..Hope I didnt give out TOOO much spoilers about the game

Yea, I kinda skipped the area at zere rocks for awhile. Got the boat then went to the desert then went to explore the world and got all the warp points that I could. Think zere rocks was either my 5th or 6th fygg.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exbaddude said:
At what point in the game can you recruit other members for your party? ^^
I kind of skipped that part if you haven't already read this.

I believe you can do it as soon as you get into Stornway, just talk to Patty in the Quester's Inn.

MicroB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might sound silly to ask, but is there a way to access the Wi-Fi stuff with emulation ? (using no$gba)

Would be nice to have a way to unlock the extra quests in the game.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
As for recruting, you can do that after you get to the second town, Stornway. You go to the inn and talk to Patty. A menu will appear, choose "Call up a friend". This will start the creation process similar to the initial character creation.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just found out about this class changing and party recruiting stuff when I was looking on how to find out where Princess Simona's room is at. I am a Minstrel, I don't remember there being any kind of thing to pick your starting class so I guess you change it later. I want to be a Warrior so when and how do I become one?

Also where do I go to meet Princess Simona in her room? She said the door on the east iirc but I can't seem to find it. I been all over the castle numerous times.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
Ok just found out about this class changing and party recruiting stuff when I was looking on how to find out where Princess Simona's room is at. I am a Minstrel, I don't remember there being any kind of thing to pick your starting class so I guess you change it later. I want to be a Warrior so when and how do I become one?

Also where do I go to meet Princess Simona in her room? She said the door on the east iirc but I can't seem to find it. I been all over the castle numerous times.
After you return to the Observatory, and go back down again you have to find the Jack of Alltrades and defeat him. After you do this I believe the ability will become available to change your class.

After going into the royal chamber, go straight back through the double doors. It's east that way.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
MicroB said:
This might sound silly to ask, but is there a way to access the Wi-Fi stuff with emulation ? (using no$gba)

Would be nice to have a way to unlock the extra quests in the game.

no ds emulator can emulate the wifi, you can probably use AR codes to unlock them thought

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
KazoWAR said:

After you return to the Observatory, and go back down again you have to find the Jack of Alltrades and defeat him. After you do this I believe the ability will become available to change your class.

After going into the royal chamber, go straight back through the double doors. It's east that way.

Thanks, i can't believe I missed those doors behind the stairs that lead up to the room where the king is at.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm LOVING this game, way more than Joker. And I actually like the fact that your party members don't contribute to the story - that way you can just drop them in and out without any kind of issue.

Just beat that witch looking thing that stunned the Wight Knight. MC is level 15, and my two party goers are both level 12.

1stsinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I picked Warrior and kinda dont like it, but Ive got almost 100 points into the warrior already......can I pick a 2nd class or whatever or am I stuck with warrior only?

And how do you get party members?

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
1stsinn said:
I picked Warrior and kinda dont like it, but Ive got almost 100 points into the warrior already......can I pick a 2nd class or whatever or am I stuck with warrior only?

And how do you get party members?

Every skill that you learned (not spells) is carried over to any class (for example if you spent 100 points on sword, when you switch to a mage you can use a sword !).

To recruit party members go the second town's Inn (in Stornway) talk to Patty (the left blue haired woman) and start your adventure.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question involving a quest (put in spoiler tags in case):
I'm having some trouble with the "Cry Wolf" quest (the one where you can get another class for the martial artist I believe?). My martial artist guy would use the "War Cry" move and then finish off the scarewolf in the next round/attack but nothing happens?
EDIT: Well, I went on gamefaqs and kind of figured it out? I guess I have to have another char do War Cry and then finish off with my martial artist -.- Wasn't described by that feller very well..

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
Question involving a quest (put in spoiler tags in case):
I'm having some trouble with the "Cry Wolf" quest (the one where you can get another class for the martial artist I believe?). My martial artist guy would use the "War Cry" move and then finish off the scarewolf in the next round/attack but nothing happens?
EDIT: Well, I went on gamefaqs and kind of figured it out? I guess I have to have another char do War Cry and then finish off with my martial artist -.- Wasn't described by that feller very well..

Yeah, that one had me stumped at first too. What you need to do is use War Cry, and once the Scarewolf is terrified, finish him off before his turn in battle comes 'round again.

Paka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pakasdollmaker.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm really addicted to this one already, too-- though as a big DQ/DW fan I've been looking forward to it since it was announced.
smile.gif
I admit I'm wondering about the best places to have a chance to pick up tags... I realize it will be a lot harder canvassing for them here in the States because of the lower population density and lesser popularity of the game than in Japan. I work at a fairly large university so when the fall semester starts plan to take it with me to campus and try for tags at lunch in crowded areas like the student union.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson