ROM Hack DQ9 Codes in the massive list

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got it and saw that the new database for 7/15 had DQ9 included.

problem is that NO one of the codes work on my acekard 2.1 with AIO latest version.
other thing is that the rest of the codes work on any of the great releases, so i was wondering wether ther is a mistake on the database?
also i DO know how to put the codes before you start flaming and i have the patched game working so i doubt its any of those problems.
can anyone see to this problem? im posting here since i saw that the thread for the massive list was closed so i didnt feel like posting there.

thnx in advance

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, could u try again? Since i am using an ak2.1 as well with the latest AKAIO and they work just as fine.

and also this is in the wrong section

NVM... i just saw the reason. It is because u had patched the game, so its game ID has been changed, boot up r4cce and change the game ID yourself, there is a sticky with info on where to get r4cce and how to use that.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
tj445 said:
I just got it and saw that the new database for 7/15 had DQ9 included.

problem is that NO one of the codes work on my acekard 2.1 with AIO latest version.
other thing is that the rest of the codes work on any of the great releases, so i was wondering wether ther is a mistake on the database?
also i DO know how to put the codes before you start flaming and i have the patched game working so i doubt its any of those problems.
can anyone see to this problem? im posting here since i saw that the thread for the massive list was closed so i didnt feel like posting there.

thnx in advance

the codes work for sure
patched? almost everyone out there is using the patch!

so tell us what did you do wrongly before you start saying cheats aren't working

tell us the PROCESS~!

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
elixir, probably because he patched it and never change game ID, unless of cos, after patch = most/all address changed = most/all codes need to be remade.

and elixir, haha, u are right, almost all, i for one am not using it haha, now that i am used to the interface and i am too lazy to patch it

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow i am surprised for the quick reply.

anyway, i think its the patch that changed the adress, so i was thinking to delete the patched one and put the original one now that i have the save file beyond the stucking part? or does the Square Enix protect get me stuck elsewhere?
also does r4ce work on Acekard? isnt that only for the r4dskard?

about the process:
i just put the USRCHEAT.dat thingie in the cheats folder and opened the flashcard and selected the cheats, ALL the other ones work even KH385/2 which i use the patched one work

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nah, u should be safe. I mean if u used the anti-piracy bypass patch, nothing should get changed, the game identifier is still the same.

Anyway i was assuming that u used the english translation aka menu patch, so correct me if i was wrong.

and yes r4cce works on alot of flashcart since that by itself is just a cheat code editor, there is no reason why it can't work unless u are using m3 simply, but that's another story...

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
mrfatso said:
elixir, probably because he patched it and never change game ID, unless of cos, after patch = most/all address changed = most/all codes need to be remade.

and elixir, haha, u are right, almost all, i for one am not using it haha, now that i am used to the interface and i am too lazy to patch it

tj445,
for your info my game is PATCHED
the ID is same
smile.gif

the address is same
smile.gif

EDIT: i used iNf's patched (i would strongly assume all patch would be the same because they are patching the same address)
EDIT2: what patch did you use?

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i am using just the piracy one i know japanese so i didnt need the menu patch.

so i just tried making a cheat DB with r4cce ( i had actually used this once before when i was cheat hunting) and i got another problem. game got glitched to the point of no return and it showed a ? mark in the Acekard's game selection menu.
the process i made was like this, Add game> inserted the game ID which was something long 8 digits, left the master code as it was> Add cheat and saved it in DB, tried this also with xml and other formats, but to no avail. i also tried GBK and SJIS but same thing.
mrfatso you happen to use them for your game right? how did you do them for you

EDIT: yup i am using Infinity's patch i am positive about it.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for the clarification~!

just download usrcheat.dat from cheats.gbatemp.net
delete all files in the cheat folder (yes including the .cc)
place the new usrcheat.dat into your cheat folder
start your DS as usual
go to the game, choose cheat, select the database, rebuilt!
after that choose the codes you want and make sure you press SELECT to save

i hope this helps

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
unfortunately it did not work.

ok so now let me reclarify this in case we got some misunderstanding in the way:

Game Rom is released from the Caravan team (cvn-dq9) patched with infinity's anti-piracy patch
i just deleted the cheat files folder content, added ONLY the 7/15 release of the USRCHEAT.DAT (it SHOWED the code selection) i just selected some for test, and even all since i got angry a bit.
Yes i did the rebuild several times before selecting/running the game.
i dunno what other info i might give, maybe my game save is the problem?
i just have a lvl 18 party in the harbor town with the giant whale? boss.
the codes i have tried are: max money in hand and bank, togeather and separate
exp and money multipliers
all usable items code with the Start+L/R command
even backlight code didnt work
frown.gif

either its the AKAIO firmware (other than that the piracy patch wont work) or there is a huge mistake on what i said up there. i have a long time messing with codes and i am no noob to this.

again, please help.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just tried with your temp DB and the same thing.... this is really out of bounds...
anyway if you were ever wondering, yes i press the select button to save the changes
i just uploaded the sav in the topic you posted in mediafire here's the link again
http://www.mediafire.com/?xzytyy4tym2 (its a fairly good party for you leechers if you want it)
now i thank you again for the time you are giving into this, the other codes realy DO work that is i can say that for YGO 2009, World ends with you, Fire emblem, Pokemon and any other great known releases, i still cant separate the fact that KH385/2 works and this one doesnt...

if nothing else works im afraid i will have to request you to upload your AKAIO with those settings and with a .cc file that you use, but this is the extreme case so dont bother with it for a while.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AK 2.1 right? for the acekard series, didn't you have to like push select or something after selecting the cheats to enable/save them? I remember I kept thinking i had a problem because i never did that.. did you do that? lol

EDIT: woops nvm Elixer already brought it up. :3

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys thanks for the infos, since i got to a total stalemate i just Deleted EVERYTHING in the acekard (after backupping of course).

i just reput a fresh copy of AKAIO a fresh copy of the rom and etc.
to my surprise when i just had thrown all my hopes it worked...finally...whew

anyway thanks for the time you put to this guys, unfortunately i just couldnt find the problem (maybe a AKAIO setting?) that made all this.

anyway, elixir could you give me a page to where i can talk to someone who makes this codes database via the r4cce?
i have a huge list of codes that i found in my japanese site surfing so that the person can put them there (there are some neat stuff above all like doing alchemy without the ingredients).

i would do them myself but since r4cce HATES me i must consult someone else not to screw myself up again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: