Hacking dpes burning speeds matter for wii games?

robman62

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
299
Trophies
1
XP
419
Country
United States
I was always told 2.4x on imgburn, I have never had any problems but people on here say that is old hat....did the old problems have to do with the loader, and not the writing drive?
unsure.gif
 

kimikal27

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
1,380
Trophies
0
Age
41
Location
Galway
Website
Visit site
XP
77
Country
old problems? what old problems?

the burning speed depends in your hardware+pc+dvds , the best burn speed is not the same for everybody (again)

this as been told 35700000 times over and over in this forum you really have to start to pay attention

but mainlly you dont need to burn under 8x , i burn at 16x and never add a problem
research just a bit and you will find software to test your dvds after the burn so that you can find the best burning speed for you.

now your gonna be flamed cuz you can't be botherd to read and look for info and it's deserved
your in luck that i'm in a good mood
 

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 14, 2007
Messages
4,349
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Pto. Vallarta
XP
292
Country
Mexico
it has been talked too many times, the best media ONLY supports 8X - 12X - 16X writting speed, the reason the people burn at lower speeds, is because they have a shitty PC and a shitty and old writter...!!!
smile.gif
 

robman62

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
299
Trophies
1
XP
419
Country
United States
I know it has been answered but I wanted a more personalized one, thanks, I have a year old pc so it should be good enough to burn at higher than 8 thanks
 

corbs132

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
846
Trophies
0
XP
276
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
old problems? what old problems?

the burning speed depends in your hardware+pc+dvds , the best burn speed is not the same for everybody (again)

this as been told 35700000 times over and over in this forum you really have to start to pay attention

but mainlly you dont need to burn under 8x , i burn at 16x and never add a problem
research just a bit and you will find software to test your dvds after the burn so that you can find the best burning speed for you.

now your gonna be flamed cuz you can't be botherd to read and look for info and it's deserved
your in luck that i'm in a good mood

if that's you on a good day, i'd hate to see you on a bad day.
please try to be nicer to the noobs of the community... you were one once as well.
for next time robman, use the search function.
 

mcj

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
378
Trophies
0
Age
47
Website
Visit site
XP
168
Country
United States
robman62 said:
I know it has been answered but I wanted a more personalized one, thanks, I have a year old pc so it should be good enough to burn at higher than 8 thanks

You're not going to get a more personalized answer. Everyone has had different luck. Some say 2x, some say 8x only. Again it's like the discussion that playing copies on your Dreamcast, Playstation, Xbox, etc ruins the laser. Another argument with no solid answers or solid proof.

If 8x works for you, then burn at 8x. If 2x works for you, then do that.

Don't expect anyone to say oh you have such and such burner so you use this media, at this speed, with your computer tilted at a 45 degree angle. It's not going to happen
 

HaniKazmi

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
1,657
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Manchester
Website
Visit site
XP
348
Country
Simple answer? look at the speeds the disk sys it should be burnt at. Now look at the speeds your burner supports. Choose the higest common speed. If they differ, choose on and go for it.
 

kimikal27

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
1,380
Trophies
0
Age
41
Location
Galway
Website
Visit site
XP
77
Country
corbs132 said:
kimikal27 said:
old problems? what old problems?

the burning speed depends in your hardware+pc+dvds , the best burn speed is not the same for everybody (again)

this as been told 35700000 times over and over in this forum you really have to start to pay attention

but mainlly you dont need to burn under 8x , i burn at 16x and never add a problem
research just a bit and you will find software to test your dvds after the burn so that you can find the best burning speed for you.

now your gonna be flamed cuz you can't be botherd to read and look for info and it's deserved
your in luck that i'm in a good mood

if that's you on a good day, i'd hate to see you on a bad day.
please try to be nicer to the noobs of the community... you were one once as well.
for next time robman, use the search function.
actually, i never been a noob like that, i was hacking my wii for 2 weeks with the first backup loader (the leaked one) and still never add to make a question like that since i do bother read, ppl have more to do than answer the same question over and over.
it's not that i dont like to help, if you look at my posts you will see that 95% of them is helping others, what i and everybody dont like is to answer a question that you find in the stickys and many many other topics...
it's just useless...
and more, if we continue to support this kind of questions... they will just never stop....
hadryan did a great effort in the stickys to try to stop this, but still no resolt.

you might not think the same as me, but it is my opinion

and yes, this IS me in a good mood
 

mcj

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
378
Trophies
0
Age
47
Website
Visit site
XP
168
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
you might not think the same as me, but it is my opinion

and yes, this IS me in a good mood

Careful they'll ban you for a few days like they did to me
smile.gif


And I feel the same way you did. If they bothered to search they'd find the same thing that is going on right here in this thread.

Bottom line is stick with what is working for you. 1x, 2x, 16x whatever
 

kimikal27

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
1,380
Trophies
0
Age
41
Location
Galway
Website
Visit site
XP
77
Country
mcj said:
kimikal27 said:
you might not think the same as me, but it is my opinion

and yes, this IS me in a good mood

Careful they'll ban you for a few days like they did to me
smile.gif


And I feel the same way you did. If they bothered to search they'd find the same thing that is going on right here in this thread.

Bottom line is stick with what is working for you. 1x, 2x, 16x whatever

i see what you mean but i dont think i'm treating i'm bad
 

mcj

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
378
Trophies
0
Age
47
Website
Visit site
XP
168
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
mcj said:
kimikal27 said:
you might not think the same as me, but it is my opinion

and yes, this IS me in a good mood

Careful they'll ban you for a few days like they did to me
smile.gif


And I feel the same way you did. If they bothered to search they'd find the same thing that is going on right here in this thread.

Bottom line is stick with what is working for you. 1x, 2x, 16x whatever

i see what you mean but i dont think i'm treating i'm bad

That's what happens when you have a popular site, number of visitors is more important. But there is a big difference in have a good site that is popular than a shitty site that is loaded with idiots.

But enough thread hijacking ... back to the no burn at 16x, no burn at 8x, no burn at 100x
 

Linuks

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
299
Trophies
0
Location
France
XP
74
Country
France
m-tek said:
Linuks said:
Where is the option to test the quality of a DVD with DVDInfo pro (v5) ?
Thanks in advance!

Its the scan button along the top...

Okat, thanks but it gave me an error, that's why I was not sure it was this option.
So I tried with Nero DiscSpeed and it give me a 99% quality (72 total PI failures) with a 4x burning and 92% quality (3481 total PI failures) in 8x...
I burnt all of them without doing anything on my computer and it was the same iso.

So for the topic's author : just make a test with your burner, it doesn't seem to have a "rule" which applies to each person.
I have heard that it depends on the DVDs, the burner and the burning soft.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: I thought he was going to use an actual PS4 to cook.