Gaming "Dozens" more games coming to PS Vita!

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long their actual GOOD Ports....have u seen the Recent Ratchet & Clank Port? :nayps3:

I always wonder what the problem with ports is... If they are good and you just bought a new machine bring them on. (maybe some one is entirely new to gaming... so any port would be a "new" game to them.)

That being said, what Sony needs to do with the Vita is copy Nintendo. What I mean by that is release like 3-4 of your best games on the system almost back to back and do a huge price drop on it, this is what Nintendo did with the 3DS and it just started flying off the shelves.

Edit: It may not be possible for Sony to pull off what Nintendo does, Nintendo is one of the largest publishers/developers on the planet. I think only EA is larger in that respect? Sony lives or dies by the third parties and if the third parties are producing garbage then it tends to make things pretty tough.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I always wonder what the problem with ports is... If they are good and you just bought a new machine bring them on. (maybe some one is entirely new to gaming... so any port would be a "new" game to them.)

That being said, what Sony needs to do with the Vita is copy Nintendo. What I mean by that is release like 3-4 of your best games on the system almost back to back and do a huge price drop on it, this is what Nintendo did with the 3DS and it just started flying off the shelves.

Edit: It may not be possible for Sony to pull off what Nintendo does, Nintendo is one of the largest publishers/developers on the planet. I think only EA is larger in that respect? Sony lives or dies by the third parties and if the third parties are producing garbage then it tends to make things pretty tough.

Sony did release some of their best games back to back as of late - in fact, the PSVita had a pretty awesome launch with titles like "Uncharted" and "Gravity Rush". Then came "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale" which contrary to popular opinion is actually a great game and "Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time", both are Cross-Buy bundles so you can play them both at home and on-the-go. They're doing what they can on the software front in my opinion.

The big problem here is the price of the handheld itself and while Nintendo could afford to slice their profit margin by $80 simply because the 3DS's hardware is pretty weak and cheapo, Sony doesn't have that leeway because all things considered, the PSVita is already pretty cheap. You have to think in terms of specs - the CPU and the GPU are somewhere between the iPad 3 and the iPad4 while the system costs a fraction of the price of those devices. We're definitely getting close to a price cut, but people have been chanting away for one since the PSVita's launch and at that point it was a ridiculous request.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're doing what they can on the software front in my opinion.

So pretty much what I said :P lol

I still think ports are fine no matter what console they happen to be on. It is nice to have some exclusive games but right now the Vita does not have the install base to make it financialy viable to do so. (lest some one call me a troll, the Wii U only gets exclusives because Nintendo will make them in house. It is in almost the same boat as the Vita.)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So pretty much what I said :P lol

I still think ports are fine no matter what console they happen to be on. It is nice to have some exclusive games but right now the Vita does not have the install base to make it financialy viable to do so. (lest some one call me a troll, the Wii U only gets exclusives because Nintendo will make them in house. It is in almost the same boat as the Vita.)

Pretty much, yeah. Developers won't be terribly interested in the platform until it sells and it won't sell until the price drops significantly. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...