Gaming "Dozens" more games coming to PS Vita!

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
imagelfz.jpg

This is the same guy who teased the AMAZING HUGE TITLE a few weeks ago.
Also worthy of note is that SE has trademarked the name FF Agito (again) but sources are speculating the game is coming to smart phones (UGH).

Source

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's some mighty hallucinating there, unless you're referring to Japan, then there is some possibility. Also, if they aren't Japan centric titles, will they even be good. I can't see any system sellers coming out for Vita in the West.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where are the system sellers? :P Multiplatforms/ports just don't cut it, it's not going to bring in new comers when they can play on their current systems.

3-4 Million userbase for a whole year is just terrible.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
So this guy has gotten some major stick after this year's E3 had literally no Vita time in the conference.

Shahid:

Shahid Kamal Ahmad - Senior Business Development Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

Vitabros, Vita fans, GAFfers, listen up. Ready? This is for you.

My team is called Strategic Content. I’ll tell you what our mission is. Engage with developers and partners to sign great games.We have a plan to deliver over 50 titles to PS Vita, some of which we have been announcing for many months. More announcements will come. Those 50 titles are in just one year. Many from independent developers, some from publishers and others. We are going to carry on working with developers and other partners to ensure great games come to PS Vita. We have senior management support. I spend my personal time to engage with customers and partners, relentlessly. If you know me, or have been following me, you know this. Some of the more upset fans (I love you, because you have passion for the machine that is my life) say this was not a good E3 for Vita. I have to politely disagree. Here are some of the things specifically called out in what was mainly a PS4 conference…

Walking Dead - Vita special.
God of War HD
Dead Nation

You know of Killzone and Tearaway

I had one diet coke to celebrate our beautiful press event yesterday, then I went back to my room and got back to work on Vita. Here’s what we’re showing at E3:

Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut - massively enhanced, best on Vita
Hotline Miami - best on Vita
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - best on Vita
Luftrausers - day in date and frickin awesome on Vita - by award winning Vlambeer
Stick it to the Man on Vita - it is beautiful. See it.
Spelunky - best on Vita

And more. First time these games have all been seen together in public. We have over 20 titles on the slate which we haven’t announced for Vita. We are working non-stop to bring more. This morning I saw Frozen Synapse: Tactics. It is completely remade over the original and looks amazing on Vita, by the brilliant Double 11. This morning I also saw another nice Vita title that is coming soon. You will like it and it’s in a genre we don’t have much cover of.

I recently asked you for input on jrpgs. The community responded overwhlemingly. I cannot tell you how impressed I was with the #jrpgvita feedback. IT was monumental. I am already acting on it. I can’t promise you all you want. I can promise you that I will break my back as I have always done serving your interests. That “big amazing title” I teased a while back? That is by a big third party. I’m sorry, I can’t announce it - it’s too soon. You should know this about me. I tell the truth. I break my back for you and I work tirelessly on my mission and so does my team. We work as hard as our partners do and often harder. My right hand man Lorenzo is a machine. He puts in STUPID hours. We will do everything we can do bring you #jrpgvita - but it will take time and it will need partner support. You can help :-)
Remember also that all PS4 games will be playable on Vita (if they don’t have Move or Camera support) - that is huge. Eventually, Gaikai too. You ask about AAA games. Well, there are many, many games coming from third parties, but I cannot discuss our parnters’ plans. I can tell you what
Strategic Content is doing. Everything in our power. Everything. We work nights, we work weekends, we are on it. You didn’t think Vita got the love at the press event. This is probably the most important year in our history. Guess what the priority was? Strategic Content and other groups have been announcing Vita games all year and will continue to announce and release them.

One year ago, we were in a very different position with Vita. Now, we have so many devs engaged it’s incredible. I have had Vita meetings all day. With large partners, with medium, with small. More and more stuff is coming to Vita. The bigger projects? They take time. They are expensive. So we don’t announce them early. Asking me to pre-reveal won’t move me. I love our customers and fans, but I will never betray the trust of our partners. So I can’t just announce their work :-)

I don’t switch off. I am your advocate within Sony. I am working on Vita constantly. I love it. I want you to be happy. I spend a *lot* of time I could spend with my family chatting with fans. If you are unhappy, I will engage. If you are rude, I won’t. Today, I agreed in principle a deal for another outstanding game for Vita. Now, I’m going to get back to talking to partners about more. I like having a frank and honest dialogue with you, but you should know this. Vita is buzzing. MY heart is full of it. Yours should be too. Some people have been disrespectful about indies. Please, that is really wrong. They are the future of video games. George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron, they were once indies. :-) And some of the indies are already making games that not that long ago were considered “AAA”.

The truth is, there is space for all of us. A good game is a good game. We provide a platform. Enjoy from a varied menu :-). Ask anyone who has followed me or engaged with me for the last 6 months or more. I do not break my word. I deliver.

Remember how things were a year ago. Look at the world today. PlayStation is the happening platform. I could be on Skype to my wife and kids. Instead, I took my hour break and missed my coach back to the hotel to show you respect. So if I do that for you, I do it because I will do what it takes to win your trust. That is my philosophy. What is yours? With me #vitabros?

Today he has taken to twitter to say:

Taking a break from Twitter for a while.

Can't say I blame him but it's his own fault for getting Vita owners hyped for basically nothing.
So now we are left waiting another 6 months for the HUGE TITLES to be announced.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still wondering whut that "AMAZING HUGE TITLE" is and even tho Sony opened their Conference with Vita im Severely Dissapointed.......Mostly Ports of Games i already own NOTHING NEW AT ALL :shit: None of these are "System Sellers" as he claimed The old Bait n switch Swerves him right to get off Twitter and keep his mouth shut nothings good comes out of it

At least anyone with a Vita can claim they have a piece of PS4 already an Expensive controller......

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's some mighty hallucinating there, unless you're referring to Japan, then there is some possibility. Also, if they aren't Japan centric titles, will they even be good. I can't see any system sellers coming out for Vita in the West.
Warning, high concentration of "Weaboo" detected, man the turrets, close the draw bridge! :P

Reactions: elgarta and Rydian

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still dozens can entail a ton of indie releases. Which certainly aren't bad, but I enjoy bigger releases too and the Vita is already swimming in indie support.

Also it ain't got indie support unless it gets Transistor. Seriously I want that game.

The Sony conference really did shake my faith in Sony and the Vita, it seemed like they rushed through the Vita section in a record time panic and swept it under the carpet. Like we'd forget that their only one year old system is already dying. I'm glad it'll get a lot of functionality with the PS4 but I didn't buy a peripheral, I bought a console.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have the games I'm getting this year for my Vita--
Tearaway
Jak and Daxter Collection HAHAHAHA..nope.
The Walking Dead
Muramasa
Ys Memories of Celceta
Rayman Legends
So I'm good this year for Vita.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is any question about the lack of Vita games, it is just the lack of GOOD titles that is the problem. Sure there are a few in it's native Japan, but otherwise not alot to write home about in the west.

Unless of course you just love playing ports of PS3 games & indie titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn